2009 Under 21 EURO's

Kasper

Well you should've raped us with that team. But they didnt really give a shit playing for their country unlike the Finns.

But can you blame them really? Does anyone in England give a shit? On this forum it seems there's more interest in Confederation Cup where your team doesnt even play ffs :lol:

Just a thought:

Confederations cup - Free on BBC website/freeview, watched by anyone

U21 game - Kicked off 5.15, on Sky. To afford Sky you probably work. If you work you don't get home until 6(?) if you work the regular hours.

Just a thought:

U21 game - Kicked off 5.15, on Sky. To afford Sky you probably work. If you work you don't get home until 6(?) if you work the regular hours.

Just a thought...

Ever heard of bars or internet streams?

But hey ho...if supporting/following/talking about your own country requires you to be able to sit at home and watch telly then I'm very puzzled and a bit amused  :aww:

Just a thought:

Just a thought...

But hey ho...if supporting/following/talking about your own country requires you to be able to sit at home and watch telly then I'm very puzzled and a bit amused  :aww:

I have sky it makes no odds to me :lol:

Also I don't think anyone has ever muttered the words, "Coming down the pub to watch the Under 21 game?"

I watched the cricket instead.

I flicked between the two.

Pearce picked a woeful team with no balance and no ideas. Frightening that him and Steve Wigley are coaching the future talents of our game.

Just a thought:

Just a thought...

Also I don't think anyone has ever muttered the words, "Coming down the pub to watch the Under 21 game?"

Well why did you argue with my initial comment :lol:

I just said people dont really seem to care. And that seems to be the case....or do you disagree?

Just a thought:

Just a thought...

I just said people dont really seem to care. And that seems to be the case....or do you disagree?

I didn't argue, like I said it was just a thought. People don't seem interested because it's not that easy to watch the games. I used to watch just about every Under 21 game when Sky had them, since they moved to Setanta I don't bother.

So yes, I agree that people don't really seem to care, like you said I guess they could go out of their way to watch it but it's just not a big deal. Is Under 21 football a big thing over in Finland or is it just because it's been hosted in Scandanavia? (if that even makes a difference?)

Guest deporik

Xisco on with 10 to go

Spain should have put Xisco or Adrian on ages ago as Bojan as been pretty ineffective on his own up front with Jurado in behind. Ozil's been good for Germany but should have probably scored by now but for some briliant keeping by Asenjo.

Well you should've raped us with that team. But they didnt really give a shit playing for their country unlike the Finns.

But can you blame them really? Does anyone in England give a shit? On this forum it seems there's more interest in Confederation Cup where your team doesnt even play ffs :lol:

I was just attempting to WUM tbh. Fail.

And yeah, you're pretty much right. No-one gives much of a shit about the u21s. For me I just can't get into the games because there is no hype whatsoever, the crowd noise is minimal and the whole affair is dull. It will no doubt change should England progress, but otherwise... meh.

Just a thought:

Just a thought...

I didn't argue, like I said it was just a thought. People don't seem interested because it's not that easy to watch the games. I used to watch just about every Under 21 game when Sky had them, since they moved to Setanta I don't bother.

So yes, I agree that people don't really seem to care, like you said I guess they could go out of their way to watch it but it's just not a big deal. Is Under 21 football a big thing over in Finland or is it just because it's been hosted in Scandanavia? (if that even makes a difference?)

I just came on a bit too aggressive after a very dissapointing match and just wanted to have a dig or something. Apologies.

But yeah it's a big thing here right now as it's the first time ever we've qualified. That's in both u21 and men. World cups and euros.

There's a real buzz about football at the moment in Finland with the national team going very close to qualify for the Euro's last time and U21 qualifying for this tournament. Sadly not influencing the Finnish league yet which is getting crowds between 1000 and 4000. We're a developing country in football without a doubt. Was extremely nice to hear the crowd chanting today and hearing the national anthem really gave me the chills. A lot of Finns traveled there to support our boys. Gutted I couldnt afford it right now.

Can understand that it's a whole different thing for the English. You already have a great league and are regularly in the world cups and euros in both men and u21. So from that perspective it's understandable why this kind of u21 tournament doesnt excite people there in the same way.

Anyways. Spain and Germany drawing is extremely good news for us. We can still do it boys! :thup:

And Raitala was mint today!