Newcastle United 2 - 2 Stoke City - 06/12/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

Kinnear is just as responsible for the first half performance as the second. Yeah the substitutions were woeful,

Nor is it the first time the "substitutions were woeful" - thats not learning from your mistakes.

Guest firetotheworks

KaKa howeh man, move on!? It was 5 minutes ago and we drew at home to Stoke having been 2-0 up. Are you on morphine?

tbh I'm just so relieved that we didn't lose the game, and in my opinion it was just a very unfortunate set of circumstances.

Don't really see the benefit of getting all riled up with Kinnear. He wasn't perfect but the abuse is way harsh imo.

Then you're very silly indeed. Id take your point if we were 2-0 down, but we werent. Id take your point if everyone other than Kinnear wasnt screaming at the most logical switch when Guthrie went off. Kinnear fucked it up, and he has done time and time again. At least Roeder got us playing well for half a season before turning to shit. Kinnear can only manage half a match.

It wasn't just the positional changes, there were more tactical issues as well.

1st half Owen was dropping deeper and picking up the ball on the halfway line, in the 2nd half he was playing off the shoulder and getting more and more isolated.

We also couldn't cope with Ricardo Fuller - it's rather ironic that we thought the aerial bombardment would be the problem, but it turns out we handled that pretty well in the 1st half but it was when there was pace that we struggled.

Our centre midfield had so many problems 2nd half - in the 1st half Geremi and Guthrie moved into space for each other and retained possession well whilst also being able to fight for the ball when necessary. In the 2nd half Jonas hardly got the ball, rarely moved into a position to receive the ball and Geremi had no time on the ball. As for Beye as a winger... he is a full back that excels at defending more than attacking - never going to work.

I think also that we naively assumed that Stoke were going to be as dreadful as they were in the 1st half in the 2nd. They were always going to improve - they certainly couldn't get any worse, and we just couldn't cope.

Guest LucaAltieri

Shit result but we won't be relegated.

We'll still finish above Stoke, Mackems, West Brom, Blackburn, West Ham, and probably Boro.

KaKa howeh man, move on!? It was 5 minutes ago and we drew at home to Stoke having been 2-0 up. Are you on morphine?

tbh I'm just so relieved that we didn't lose the game, and in my opinion it was just a very unfortunate set of circumstances.

Don't really see the benefit of getting all riled up with Kinnear. He wasn't perfect but the abuse is way harsh imo.

Please stop posting. Cheers.

We'll still finish above Stoke, Mackems, West Brom, Blackburn, West Ham, and probably Boro.

I'm not sure how you can be so confident.

If you can't hold onto a 2-0 lead over a club like Stoke, at home, then you deserve to be relegated if you ask me.

And it's not like the equaliser came out of nowhere. They deserved it and that's the thing that makes it so bad.

Why keep Owen on the pitch if you are moving one of your wingers to the center and reducing the amount of supply Owen requires to be useful ? If you want to do that then better of take Owen off and keep Martins in because Martins is more useful up front on his own with his pace.

Embarrassing to capitulate like this in the 2nd half...It was horrible to which from the moment the 2nd half started...Stoke deserve the draw and even more...

aye, spot on. Owen was invisible in the 2nd half. we didnt need a player to keep the ball upfront in the first half cos our wingers were offfering so much support and pushing stoke back anyway. i cant believe how bad each of kinnear substitutions were, truly clueless in a number of ways.

The times this season i've seen our players been told to 'go for it', they're fucking quality. Villa. West Brom. Post-equaliser v Fulham. Today. It's what comes natural to them. They're fucking quality players, and if they're in the right positions and allowed to play the right way, they're fucking mint. Cos they are fucking mint players.

Tell them to do what they did in the second half and Christ, you're asking for trouble.

Clueless management.

Guest LucaAltieri

s*** result but we won't be relegated.

Lottery numbers, please.

The lottery numbers don't have any form to go off. It's pure chance.  :pow:

Guest firetotheworks

Lottery numbers, please.

Exactly, wheres our form?

As for Kinnear being the reason for why we won the first half.

Erm... right... congratulations Kinnear on picking two strikers and two wingers, playing as two strikers and two wingers.

If we stay up, it's because of the players. We'll stay up in spite of the manager.

Guest LucaAltieri

I'm not sure how you can be so confident.

If you can't hold onto a 2-0 lead over a club like Stoke, at home, then you deserve to be relegated if you ask me.

And it's not like the equaliser came out of nowhere. They deserved it and that's the thing that makes it so bad.

We've got the players to get results even inspite of our manager. Now they're coming back and we're starting to have options I think we can be confident of getting results against any of the dross placed 5th - 20th.

NUFC 2-2 Manchester City (Ireland 86)

NUFC 2-2 Wigan (Bramble 89)

NUFC 2-2 Stoke (Faye 90+2)

Kinnear is just such a fucking joke. I am so fucking pissed off that he is in charge of our club. Useless. Paddy. Fucking. Twat.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I'm as annoyed as everyone else but you can twist that and say that we were close to being 6 points better off. at least we are scoring goals and still picking up points and close to picking up wins that we would have seen through on another day.

He's been out of football for ages and never was the best manager but he's turned us into a football team again and we're 100x better off than we were under Hughton, some people have got short fucking memories.

just can't see where our next will come from now  :undecided:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - we're not dropping points and losing games against good sides for the absolute most part. If this was Arsenal or whoever then I could understand the scoreline a bit more. And we're dropping points at home, which is probably the worst thing. Our away form is embarrassing.

Erm... right... congratulations Kinnear on picking two strikers and two wingers, playing as two strikers and two wingers.

If we stay up, it's because of the players. We'll stay up in spite of the manager.

The players couldn't give a flying fuck if we stay up.

As long as they're still bringing home they're ridiculously over-inflated paypacket at the end of each week, they'll keep playing like shit.

They don't give a fuck about the club, only about their bank balance.

Kinnear is just such a fucking joke. I am so fucking pissed off that he is in charge of our club. Useless. Paddy. Fucking. Twat.

I'm as annoyed as everyone else but you can twist that and say that we were close to being 6 points better off. at least we are scoring goals and still picking up points and close to picking up wins that we would have seen through on another day.

He's been out of football for ages and never was the best manager but he's turned us into a football team again and we're 100x better off than we were under Hughton, some people have got short fucking memories.

Oh give it a fucking rest man.

Yes we know he's better than Hughton, why do people have to keep bringing that up? It doesn't excuse Kinnear for a second, so stop saying it.

We may not be losing as many games, but Hughton and Kinnear have got one thing in common - they're shit enough to take us down. Nothing else matters, really. We'd probably be bottom if Hughton was still in charge, but Kinnear probably isn't good enough, on his own, to keep us up. As i've said, if we stay up, it'll be in spite of the manager. Fortunately, we've got a fantastic group of players.

As long as they're still bringing home they're ridiculously over-inflated paypacket at the end of each week, they'll keep playing like shit.

Do be quiet.

Guest LucaAltieri

Lottery numbers, please.

Exactly, wheres our form?

We're scoring and we have a half-decent defence. Our midfield is shite but just about passable. We're not going to win any awards this year but we're not the worst team in the league. Not even close.

Our problems have been individual errors and poor tactics. The former is simply a question of confidence. We've seen time and time again that once you pick up a result then you're likely to pick up a few more. We'll hit winning ways. We've got the players to do it.

How is that even fucking relevant? Did you see the first half? We were 2-0 up and playing fucking brilliantly, because we have a group of quality players that were playing to their strengths. What has their wages got to do with anything?