Lua Lua smashes two goals from midfield (are you reading Joe?)

TRon

Personally i'll be pissed if Lua Lua gets in the team while were fighting relegation, we have enough good players in our side and just need a manager who isn't f***ing clueless.

I'd rather him than a Cacapa, Jonas midfield combo, Pompey's midfield would absolutely kill them.

If its to keep Cacapa out then i'm all for it!

But surley we can come up with something better, Colo used to play in midfield at times. or just throw 3 strikers in.

True Colo can play there, I just think we'd miss him too much in cb, I don't rate Taylor's decison making expecially away from home.  Hopefully Butt and Guthrie will make it but I expect at any rate we'll probably see Lua Lua even if its for 10 mins to give Butt or Guthrie a rest.

we should play the same system throughout the ranks...so everyone is bought or developed to fit one or two positions! so everytime a youngster get the chances he would know what to do because hes familar with the position!

To be able to do that we need a manager with vision to stay for at least 3-4 years.....that would really benefit the club all over!

Would help a lot imo as well.

You would think that most clubs at this level do this already but with us it's all too easy to believe we don't. I always get the feeling that youngsters are considered a last resort for first team action at Newcastle. For me the sensible thing would be to promote them to the bench when we have injuries in a specific area in the team like - let's say from the top of my head - central midfield.

That is common sense.....but you never know with this club! We need a manager to stay long long time in order to develop a system or formation we would play EVERY week (maybe with few changes if we play one of the 4 big away) Reserves and youth must play same system and the manager looks for promising youngsters as well.....its the only way to do it......like arsenal! (have to mention i dont no anything about the system which we play in the reserves.....but i´ll be surprised if its the same as our 1st team which changes every second game)

Then we wouldn´t have promising players like LuaLua in the reserve-team which dosen´t get the chance in the 1st team because he dosen´t fits any positions! what the f... is that? One of the most promising in reserves is hardly considered for the 1st team eventhough we lack so much debt there!

I hope we would try to copy arsenals concept......would not like us to go the same way as Man City!  Actually I believe Ashley was trying to go the arsenal way....and Keegan wanted the City way.....Ashley should never have hired Wise and others.

Leave it all to Shearer.....he would be a good choice i believe.....give him at least 3 years!!

we should play the same system throughout the ranks...so everyone is bought or developed to fit one or two positions! so everytime a youngster get the chances he would know what to do because hes familar with the position!

To be able to do that we need a manager with vision to stay for at least 3-4 years.....that would really benefit the club all over!

You would think that most clubs at this level do this already but with us it's all too easy to believe we don't. I always get the feeling that youngsters are considered a last resort for first team action at Newcastle. For me the sensible thing would be to promote them to the bench when we have injuries in a specific area in the team like - let's say from the top of my head - central midfield.

That is common sense.....but you never know with this club! We need a manager to stay long long time in order to develop a system or formation we would play EVERY week (maybe with few changes if we play one of the 4 big away) Reserves and youth must play same system and the manager looks for promising youngsters as well.....its the only way to do it......like arsenal! (have to mention i dont no anything about the system which we play in the reserves.....but i´ll be surprised if its the same as our 1st team which changes every second game)

Then we wouldn´t have promising players like LuaLua in the reserve-team which dosen´t get the chance in the 1st team because he dosen´t fits any positions! what the f... is that? One of the most promising in reserves is hardly considered for the 1st team eventhough we lack so much debt there!

I hope we would try to copy arsenals concept......would not like us to go the same way as Man City!  Actually I believe Ashley was trying to go the arsenal way....and Keegan wanted the City way.....Ashley should never have hired Wise and others.

Leave it all to Shearer.....he would be a good choice i believe.....give him at least 3 years!!

how many kids have come through our ranks recently who have been good enough even for a regular spot on the bench ? it's not as if many have moved on and proved us wrong.

how many kids have come through our ranks recently who have been good enough even for a regular spot on the bench ? it's not as if many have moved on and proved us wrong.

S. Taylor is the only one for about 10 years (dont know, maybe ameobi?) but cant remember! maybe we should shut down the youth academy....seems like a waste of time and money :doh:

I also finds it very very annoying when people wants colo to play dcm....leave players to they right positions....especially positions like cb where a lot of rotation is straight up stupid!!!

(know we have missed a lot of 1st players)

i'm always interested by the belief that you can't put kids in the first team, especially when the team is struggling, because it will shatter their confidence

can anyone think of any examples of this actually happening?  has anyone ever met a footballer?  they're incredibly self-believing (if that term even exists) and i have no doubt that if you threw a bairn in and he had a nightmare he'd be getting right back in for the next game if selected without a second thought

Agreed. People also forget the flip side to it aswell. If a young lad, Lua Lua in this case, comes in for a first team game in our current situation, what would that do for his confidence? It works both ways.

I don't see anything wrong with throwing him in personally. If he makes an error, I bet he'll be the first person willing to make up for it which sometimes cannot be said of some of our senior players.

And Kinnear admits he won’t hesitate if he has to give LuaLua a chance at Fratton Park.

He said: “I’m monitoring LuaLua, and he’ll be in the squad tomorrow.

“We’ll see who’s available, but at the moment, my midfield’s been decimated.

“I see him in training all the time, as well as Ben Tozer and Tamas Kadar, who often join us.

“LuaLua’s a decent player, and he did well on Tuesday night. I like Kadar, as well. We know what they can do.”