Luque to start?!!11?

Syrette

To be fair do you really think Palermo wouldnt have realised we have no options other than to play Luque with EVERY other striker Injured or cup tied?

Hardly brain science we were going to play him, although that said a few people wouldnt have been suprised if he didnt play luque.

Its hardly giving away how we are playing, and even the way Luque is going to be asked to play.

Teepee has it sussed anyway. If Luque plays superbly wins the match and scores a hatrick he will still be benched at the weekend.

If anything there's going to be less pressure on him. Tomorrow night, nobody's expecting much from him, and as long as he shows a bit of desire I think people will be happy.

Saturday night however, if he'd came on people would have been expecting him to be the match-winner.

OR

"I can only give him the stage to perform on - he must perform on it."

When talking about Albert Luque.

:roll:

What stage have you given him in the last several months? And now he gets a one off performance he must perform like a highly trained seal!

Twat.

It's a bit harsh of a thing to say.  A guy that's not played proper football in ages, and he's expected to just "perform".  Regardless of your stance on Luque, that's no sort of pressure to put any player under, at all.

aye, so if he plays shit in a match i expect to get thrashed in, thats it for him, GR was proven right all along.

Fuking cunt, fuking little cunt.

Played in Shearer's testimonial - no pressure whatsoever - utter shite.

Played pre-season in Intertoto - good chance as a lot depended on it - utter shite.

Played last year a few times - some with no pressure - utter shite.

When do his fans think he should play?

I love the way Roeder has an irrational dislike of the man but support for someone who has NEVER looked like a good player for us is perfectly rational.

BTW I'm being generous - I saw him "play" at Tottenham last year when if I'd have been honest I'd have been extremely happy to see his contract ritually burnt on the spot - the term "insult to the fans" was an understatement.

But hey, he was canny in Spain.

roeder is a **** end of.

Perhaps he is - but I'm a lot more sure that Luque is a gutless waste of money.

Luque maybe a lost cause, but there is nothing left at the club to play. So why not encourage him, instead of bringing him down before the game and heaping pressure on him in a game were expecting to lose?

End of the day, do you want Luque at this club? If no then pray he does well so well can sell him, but Glenn  has made sure any spark he might of went into the game with is extinguished before the 1st whistle.

Are you as big a mug as Glenn, or is it that your not thinking straight? I'll go for the latter giving you the benefit of the doubt, unlike GR is prepared to do with Luque.

Guest TurkishToon

roeder throwing luque in front of the bus yes but then didnt luque do this to himself a bit???

completely agree with souness-like comments and management style though...actually it is not a style it is just incompetence

i hope he plays him against blades as well.

p.s. does anybody know the name of the song on that youtube clip?

Despite his failings this year I don't think Roeder is that daft.

I would imagine that he has tried everything to get the lad going - the classic arm around the shoulder, building his confidence up by praose etc, etc - has it worked? - I'd say no.

Now he tries a "trick" of saying "this is your chance, the pressure's on - go for it" - who knows it might work coz fuck all else has.

Its like when Souness praised Shola when we had nobody else - maybe what he said about the lads ability was crap but what would be the point in saying "Shit, we're stuck with you so get on with it".

I will encourage Luque while he is at the club ( and shows a modicum of effort for a start) but the idea that we have this world beater that the idiot manager won't play is laughable.

Despite his failings this year I don't think Roeder is that daft.

I would imagine that he has tried everything to get the lad going - the classic arm around the shoulder, building his confidence up by praose etc, etc - has it worked? - I'd say no.

Now he tries a "trick" of saying "this is your chance, the pressure's on - go for it" - who knows it might work coz fuck all else has.

Its like when Souness praised Shola when we had nobody else - maybe what he said about the lads ability was crap but what would be the point in saying "Shit, we're stuck with you so get on with it".

I will encourage Luque while he is at the club ( and shows a modicum of effort for a start) but the idea that we have this world beater that the idiot manager won't play is laughable.

Who has said that?

Who has said that?

That seems to be the consensus from too many on here.

I think he has had enough chances to show something, anything worth persevering with. I know thanks to the shit squad building in the summer that he has now become a key player and I'd be delighted if he stepped up to the mark but I just don't see it. Blaming Roeder is a cop out given his performances.

No-one, but don't let that get in the way of a good myth.

Should I do a search on "I saw him play for Deportivo and he was excellent"

I hate being negative about players but blind hope is daft as well.

Who has said that?

That seems to be the consensus from too many on here.

I think he has had enough chances to show something, anything worth persevering with. I know thanks to the shit squad building in the summer that he has now become a key player and I'd be delighted if he stepped up to the mark but I just don't see it. Blaming Roeder is a cop out given his performances.

You are talking shit, making accusations and assumptions.

No-one, but don't let that get in the way of a good myth.

Should I do a search on "I saw him play for Deportivo and he was excellent"

I hate being negative about players but blind hope is daft as well.

And that makes him a world beater?  I think that's more like stating a fact, however useless it may be.