Newcastle United vs Liverpool - 28/12/08 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Reina, Carragher, Agger, Hyypia, Insua, Masch, Benayoun, Babel, Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt

I dont know if this is in some way snobbish but whilst I still expect us to lose this game, that team hardly looks like a team worthy of being English Premier League Champions.

Reina, Carragher, Agger, Hyypia, Insua, Masch, Benayoun, Babel, Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt

I dont know if this is in some way snobbish but whilst I still expect us to lose this game, that team hardly looks like a team worthy of being English Premier League Champions.

Agreed still enough to batter us.

Edgar in for a fun day.

Good to see Enrique in - only hope he's fit enough and doesn't have to go off after 20mins..... Owen up top on his todd, with Duff in behind I reckon.

Surprised to see the scousers dropping Keane - Benitez being cagey? Can't see the need as we are that knackered with injuries.

Looks like joe has funked up on the back row!!! I would have had Geremi at right back instead of edgar. He passes the ball better, links with attack better and has experience. Downside is his pace, but kuyt isn-t that fast anyway.

Dissapointed.

Owen up fro nt on his own with duff in midfield... no comment

Guest shearer_united

I would like to see how well Owen would do against his former club. His best days of his career was when he was at Liverpool.

Guest optimistic nit

dont see this defence keeping a clean sheet for 90 minutes. but at the same time attacking wise that team doesn't exactly stand out. best chance we have is to attack the game down the flanks imo and try to nick a goal, because if we sit back we'll be picked off.

Guest optimistic nit

Robbie Keane's so obviously going to score today btw.

aye. i don't see how taylor will be able to cope with him and colo has been a bit off form recently, even though we have been defending really well.

Guest north shields lad

We will get somthing today, almost guarentee, and ive had a decent bet.

They have payed us a massive compliment, by playing 2 defensive midfielders,and Babbel is playing, does anyone actually rate him, cos i dont.

Guest north shields lad

Why are Sky completely ignoring the SBR celebration? Wankers.

The great man has just been mentioned, and im sure they will again soon.

Guest optimistic nit

keane was shit last week and now liverpool are going to miss him today. the media really annoys me in football sometimes.