West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beginning to think a good percentage of the forum accounts on here are on Ashley's payroll in one shape or another.

Oh no!  Someone had a different opinion to you on an internet forum.  They must be getting paid. 

If anyone on Ashley's payroll would like to contact me about disagreeing with HawK, or any other user, I'd be willing to listen to offers.

The Carroll deal seemed to work well for everyone involved.  We got a s*** load of cash, Carroll got a massive wage rise, Liverpool got a young, English striker and his agent made a fortune.  As it has turned out, the money we received hasn't obviously been reinvested in the squad and we've not replaced him in the team and Carroll hasn't settled yet at Liverpool and hadn't come close to finding the same form for Liverpool that got him the transfer in the first place.

I couldn't care less if it was 500m, he was a brilliant player for us, he wanted to stay. If a player wants to stay then no club should force them out, unless not doing so could cause serious financial difficulties. Our owner is a BILLIONAIRE, there is no excuse.

Did he want to stay?  Maybe he wasn't looking to leave at first but I'll bet the thought of moving to Liverpool really turned his head.  We'll probably never know the real story.

I'll point you again to this post : http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58769.msg3202678.html#msg3202678

He said he wanted to stay, what more do you want?

Handing in a transfer request letting go of a massive sum tells me different. However not replacing him hurts more then selling him.

Who says he handed in a transfer request? Oh yeah.

Beginning to think a good percentage of the forum accounts on here are on Ashley's payroll in one shape or another.

Oh no!  Someone had a different opinion to you on an internet forum.  They must be getting paid. 

If anyone on Ashley's payroll would like to contact me about disagreeing with HawK, or any other user, I'd be willing to listen to offers.

The Carroll deal seemed to work well for everyone involved.  We got a s*** load of cash, Carroll got a massive wage rise, Liverpool got a young, English striker and his agent made a fortune.  As it has turned out, the money we received hasn't obviously been reinvested in the squad and we've not replaced him in the team and Carroll hasn't settled yet at Liverpool and hadn't come close to finding the same form for Liverpool that got him the transfer in the first place.

I couldn't care less if it was 500m, he was a brilliant player for us, he wanted to stay. If a player wants to stay then no club should force them out, unless not doing so could cause serious financial difficulties. Our owner is a BILLIONAIRE, there is no excuse.

Did he want to stay?  Maybe he wasn't looking to leave at first but I'll bet the thought of moving to Liverpool really turned his head.  We'll probably never know the real story.

I'll point you again to this post : http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58769.msg3202678.html#msg3202678

He also pointed to that fact that he had just signed a contract in October as a reason why he wanted to stay.  Why then did he want to renegotiate again?  I also wouldn't expect him to say that he couldn't wait to leave.  Didn't he say he was happy to be with Liverpool?  If he was gutted to leave, he got over it quick enough.  I'm sorry, I just don't think the answer is cut and dried.  It's not as simple as stay or go.  I'm not defending the club.  I'm not defending Andy Carroll either.

Handing in a transfer request letting go of a massive sum tells me different. However not replacing him hurts more then selling him.

He did :D

He also pointed to that fact that he had just signed a contract in October as a reason why he wanted to stay.  Why then did he want to renegotiate again?  I also wouldn't expect him to say that he couldn't wait to leave.  Didn't he say he was happy to be with Liverpool?  If he was gutted to leave, he got over it quick enough.  I'm sorry, I just don't think the answer is cut and dried.  It's not as simple as stay or go.  I'm not defending the club.  I'm not defending Andy Carroll either.

If you were offered a job at a competitor for more money than what you are on, would you not first speak to your current employer to get them to match it? This is how the business world works. It doesn't have anything to do with him wanting to leave.

He also pointed to that fact that he had just signed a contract in October as a reason why he wanted to stay.  Why then did he want to renegotiate again?  I also wouldn't expect him to say that he couldn't wait to leave.  Didn't he say he was happy to be with Liverpool?  If he was gutted to leave, he got over it quick enough.  I'm sorry, I just don't think the answer is cut and dried.  It's not as simple as stay or go.  I'm not defending the club.  I'm not defending Andy Carroll either.

If you were offered a job at a competitor for more money than what you are on, would you not first speak to your current employer to get them to match it? This is how the business world works. It doesn't have anything to do with him wanting to leave.

And if they would refuse and tell you, you just had a payrise 3 months ago, and we tripled your wage. There will be no further raise at this moment of time. Would you end your job and go to the new company?

Football is alot about money for players, regardless how much we'd like to differ. It's their job aswell. Trippling his wage twice in a year is insane for any employer.

Can't find anything to say that he actually did, I stand to be corrected if you can find a quote from Andy. And if he did hand in a transfer request, do you not believe he wasn't paid off for doing so in lieu of the loyalty bonus to deliberately mislead fans into thinking the board come up smelling of sunshine?

Guest Rainforest

True, but I suspect we didnt even try to meet his demands by an inch. I genuinely believe he was told to fuck off to liverpool like shit off a shovel.

Can't find anything to say that he actually did, I stand to be corrected if you can find a quote from Andy. And if he did hand in a transfer request, do you not believe he wasn't paid off for doing so in lieu of the loyalty bonus to deliberately mislead fans into thinking the board come up smelling of sunshine?

Carroll has claimed he was asked by managing director Derek Llambias to hand in a transfer request by Newcastle, telling the Evening Chronicle: 'Derek asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice. I wasn't wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money.

Read More

And if they would refuse and tell you, you just had a payrise 3 months ago, and we tripled your wage. There will be no further raise at this moment of time. Would you end your job and go to the new company?

Football is alot about money for players, regardless how much we'd like to differ. It's their job aswell. Trippling his wage twice in a year is insane for any employer.

In this instance, you are asking me personally, in Andy Carroll's position I would have not gone to the 'other employer' who I specifically called a competitor, because any one that knows Andy will tell you he is Newcastle through-and-through.

In your point about wage increases, 'tripling', you cannot compare wages to any other mainstream run of the mill job. Players are paid what they are they are worth. And they are worth what people are prepared to pay. Ergo, Andy was fully worth whatever wage Liverpool were offering to Newcastle.

The Carroll-sale was possibly the worst sort of deal for everyone on here, only Ashleys pocket benefitted. The money was good but we are never gonna see them. Hence its pointless using the amount of quid as an arguement. We lost our best striker and brought no replacement in, not now - not ever.

Horrible deal, horrible for fans, horrible for NUFC. Good deal for FMA.

That depends on how you calculate the expenses. If we include agent fees, salaries during the contract period and sign on fees, we've used all the money. And a very, very important factor is that we used some of those money to tie down Tiote for 6,5 years.

You're so emotionally tied to Carroll that you have difficulties to see what we've bought/secured for the future with the money we sold him for:

*Tiote

*Cabaye

*Ba

*Maveraux

In sum, those players are of course much better than Carroll. And we have REPLACED Carroll if we're talking about getting in a similar player (Ba), but if you're yearning for a marquee signing, we have not succeeded. Personally, I think it's important to consider many aspects: I don't want us to use too much, he must be fast and have a good engine, and he must fit into the squad.

Carroll has claimed he was asked by managing director Derek Llambias to hand in a transfer request by Newcastle, telling the Evening Chronicle: 'Derek asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice. I wasn't wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money.

Read More

Makes sense then

Guest Rainforest

The Carroll-sale was possibly the worst sort of deal for everyone on here, only Ashleys pocket benefitted. The money was good but we are never gonna see them. Hence its pointless using the amount of quid as an arguement. We lost our best striker and brought no replacement in, not now - not ever.

That depends on how you calculate the expenses. If we include agent fees, salaries during the contract period and sign on fees, we've used all the money. And a very, very important factor is that we used some of those money to tie down Tiote for 6,5 years.

You're so emotionally tied to Carroll that you have difficulties to see what we've bought/secured for the future with the money we sold him for:

*Tiote

*Cabaye

*Ba

*Maveraux

In sum, those players are of course much better than Carroll. And we have REPLACED Carroll if we're talking about getting in a similar player (Ba), but if you're yearning for a marquee signing, we have not succeeded. Personally, I think it's important to consider many aspects: I don't want us to use too much, he must be fast and have a good engine, and he must fit into the squad.

Yeah but if you go by that logic, then we have freed up the same amount in wages by letting Carroll, Nolan, Barton, Enrique,  Routledge Campbell etc go, so it doesnt matter.

Cabaye is Nolans replacement, no money spent there. Lower wages too, actually freed up funds.

Ba and Marveaux, free agents. Agent fees involved? Yes, but its like pissing in the ocean compared to our supposed Warchest.

Tiote tied down for 6.5 years. Does it matter? He will not be here that long, actually thanks to both our clearly visible lack of ambition and our reputation as a selling club since we never replaced Andy, he will be off sooner if anything thanks to the carroll sale.

*Tiote

*Cabaye

*Ba

*Maveraux

That's absolute nonsense. The money saved/gained from selling Nolan, Enrique & Barton cancels the signings you mentioned.

The NET spend has been almost ZERO.... non of the Carroll money has been used, not on the playing side anyhow.

You CANNOT say the 35M Carroll money has been used on wages etc WITHOUT taking into account ALL incoming revenues, such as TV money, ticket sales, shirt sales and other merchandising.

To try and count wages without taking income revenues into account is just dishonest.

The argument you make assumes NO income whatsover from general operations. This is EXACTLY what the club want you to believe, its incredible!

*Tiote

*Cabaye

*Ba

*Maveraux

Urgh.

*Tiote

*Cabaye

*Ba

*Maveraux

What a post, you always deliver.

Makes me wonder how we survived over 100 years without the Carroll-money?

:clap:

No no, as anyone will tell you, the ONLY WAY to get money to spend on players is to sell them first.  :facepalm:

-

I simply do not comprehend the lack of understanding from some people about what is happening to our club and how football finances work (or don't work if you like). And then these people come out on boards like this, with 10% knowledge of the subject at hand, spouting figures and numbers from their arse.

Would I take Carroll back? Unlikely tbh, I still feel betrayed by him leaving like. I don't for one second believe that he was forced out (whatever Steve Wraith says is a load of b*llocks imo). Like Cajun said, both Carroll and the board are to blame for his departure so for him to come back (within the next couple of years) is kinda taking the p*ss.

Would I take Carroll back? Unlikely tbh, I still feel betrayed by him leaving like. I don't for one second believe that he was forced out (whatever Steve Wraith says is a load of b*llocks imo). Like Cajun said, both Carroll and the board are to blame for his departure so for him to come back (within the next couple of years) is kinda taking the p*ss.

It's a choice of who you believe, the board or Andy Carroll, only one version of events is true.

The hearing declared that the club had admitted to 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United', while the evidence given by owner Mike Ashley and his fellow executives over the course of the two-week hearing was described at one point in the verdict as 'profoundly unsatisfactory'.

How any one can believe the board is beyond me.

http://nufc-ashlies.blogspot.com/

It's a choice of who you believe, the board or Andy Carroll, only one version of events is true.

Not really. :facepalm: