West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But we rejected £20m, all the way up to £30m...is he saying that if we had accepted say £20m, then they'd have had just took £35m from Chelsea who had feck all to do with our transfer? Rubbish.

Slowly but surely it's sinking in, you might also want to read what harry Redknapp said about the deal and our claims he was never for sale.

How much of the fee was up front btw?  Think I remember hearing at the time it was £30m up front and £5m add ons?

Wasn't Llambias quoted bragging that they only accepted after taking the whole fee in one whack, with interest the longer Liverpool delayed it?

Wouldn't believe a word that cunt says tbh.  Just seem to remember reading it was £30m and then another £5m for goals and appearances and the like, only reason I ask is that I was thinking that £5m may well not be forthcoming if that's the case.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Andy-Carroll-cost-a-highly-unusual-30million-up-front-plus-25-of-any-sell-on-fee-as-Newcastle-played-hardball-on-transfer-deadline-day-article700813.html

Hmm.

But we rejected £20m, all the way up to £30m...is he saying that if we had accepted say £20m, then they'd have had just took £35m from Chelsea who had feck all to do with our transfer? Rubbish.

Slowly but surely it's sinking in, you might also want to read what harry Redknapp said about the deal and our claims he was never for sale.

I'm amazed that you believe that, I really am :lol:

How much of the fee was up front btw?  Think I remember hearing at the time it was £30m up front and £5m add ons?

Wasn't Llambias quoted bragging that they only accepted after taking the whole fee in one whack, with interest the longer Liverpool delayed it?

Wouldn't believe a word that cunt says tbh.  Just seem to remember reading it was £30m and then another £5m for goals and appearances and the like, only reason I ask is that I was thinking that £5m may well not be forthcoming if that's the case.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Andy-Carroll-cost-a-highly-unusual-30million-up-front-plus-25-of-any-sell-on-fee-as-Newcastle-played-hardball-on-transfer-deadline-day-article700813.html

Hmm.

Don't remember anything about appearances or goals.  Just £30m up front, £5m later and some kind of 25% sell on fee AFAIR.

Wouldn't believe a word that c*** says tbh.  Just seem to remember reading it was £30m and then another £5m for goals and appearances and the like, only reason I ask is that I was thinking that £5m may well not be forthcoming if that's the case.

Hmm.

Wait? You even have a 25% sell-on fee? Utterly mental :lol:

I'm not surprised that many on here refuse to believe what the people involved (and not like Redknapp) in the transfer say, the exact chronological order of the transfers backs up and is a patently simple concept.

Thousands of years ago almost everyone believed in the man with a beard sitting on a cloud I suppose.

Wouldn't believe a word that c*** says tbh.  Just seem to remember reading it was £30m and then another £5m for goals and appearances and the like, only reason I ask is that I was thinking that £5m may well not be forthcoming if that's the case.

Hmm.

It's pretty funny if you like laughing at Liverpool like - they have to sell him for nearly £47m just to make their money back. :lol:

Forgetting the Carroll to Liverpool transfer...do you think Liverpool would have accepted £35m for Torres...and do you think Chelsea would have paid FIFTY million quid if they knew they would?

Pile of steaming crap.

Reliable lad is Ol' Arry Redknapp

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/3258/harryredknappmugging.jpg

Either way they sanctioned an insane signing. The fact they were bringing money in at the same time doesn't make it that much better IMO.

If they thought the difference between the two sales was £15m and they got it, why is it mental? Chelsea are the club that got stung, not Liverpool. They managed to get Suarez out of the whole scenario and he's as good as the two combined, even if he is a detestable creature.

This is such a stupid way of thinking.

They didn't spend Chelsea's money, they've spent their own. It was their £35 million generated by selling one of their most prized assets (a one they invested heavily in in the first place). It is mental because they've spent £35 million on a player who currently barely looks Premier League standard. That £35 million pissed up the wall will almost certainly be the difference between them getting into the CL or not.

Honestly, what a crock of shit. I'd expect Liverpool fans to gobble this shite up but not anybody from a neutral standpoint.

I'm not surprised that many on here refuse to believe what the people involved (and not like Redknapp) in the transfer say, the exact chronological order of the transfers backs up and is a patently simple concept.

Thousands of years ago almost everyone believed in the man with a beard sitting on a cloud I suppose.

Your belief isn't far off like..  Seriously common now.  Liverpool will have known the kind of money Chelsea were prepared to pay (around 50m).  They'd have asked Chelsea for that kind of fee no matter what they paid for Carroll.  If not they're even crazier then simply spending £35m on Andy Carroll already makes them look.

There's no way on earth Liverpool turn around to Chelsea and say "Ok I know you're prepared to pay up to £50m for Torres but we got Carroll for £20m so you can have Torres for only £35m".  Also they didn't have to spend anything on Carroll at all, they could have taken £50m for Torres, bought Suarez and had over £30m to spend elsewhere in the squad.  No matter how you look at it Liverpool wasted a massive amount of money.

Hmm.

I'd be very interested to know the ins and outs of the clause.

All this seems to depend on Chelsea almost demanding that Liverpool sign Carroll.  Chelsea had to pay £50m for him anyway, if they wanted him that badly and the Carroll deal had fallen through would they really have said 'No, deals off, we're only buying him if you sign the big geordie lad'?

Liverpool could have got £50m out of them whatever happened, they decided to spend it on Carroll.  Lol.

They didn't get offered 50 million though, they were offered 30.  The rest depended on the Carroll deal.

Why would Liverpool leave themselves short of strikers on the last day of the window? 

But Liverpool wouldn't have sold Torres if they didn't have a replacement in place.

Suarez could have been the replacement, god knows he's done a hell of a lot more than Carroll.  Or they could have spent £35m on any other player, they had £35m to spend, no matter how anyone wants to portray the deal, they spent the £35m at their disposal on Andy Carroll..

They didn't get offered 50 million though, they were offered 30.  The rest depended on the Carroll deal.

Why would Liverpool leave themselves short of strikers on the last day of the window? 

They may have only been offered £30m originally, but at the end of the day they got that up to £50m.  They were then free to spend that £50m on anything they wanted, Chelsea couldn't give a fuck what they spend it on they just wanted Torres.

And why would Chelsea go from a £30m bid, to a £50m bid just because of Carroll? Are you saying if we'd rejected £35m and held on for say, £40m that Chelsea would have said, "Oh, go on then, there's £55m you little scamps". Ridiculous man. :lol:

But Liverpool wouldn't have sold Torres if they didn't have a replacement in place.

Suarez could have been the replacement, god knows he's done a hell of a lot more than Carroll.  Or they could have spent £35m on any other player, they had £35m to spend, no matter how anyone wants to portray the deal, they spent the £35m at their disposal on Andy Carroll..

Suarez deal was already done he was looking forward to playing with Torres. 

It was the last day of the window, it had to be someone here in the Uk and a club that were willing to sell.

Suarez deal was already done he was looking forward to playing with Torres. 

It was the last day of the window, it had to be someone here in the Uk and a club that were willing to sell.

If you'd stuck an extra 70% on any strikers transfer value that day you'd have got them.