The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

If there is one thing I would say Jenas does well it is making runs into the box to join the attack.

Does it really well.

Not the best midfielder in the world, but if someone offered him back to Newcastle for £5-6m in the summer I'd have him back in a flash.

Haha, for those having a moan about Coloccini, watch Fulham's first goal from yesterday and see what we used to have in Andy O'Brien. :lol:

O'Brien was 10 million?

What's that got to do with it? You could say has Coloccini had 8 years in the Premiership?

S'funny isn't it... we'd say that Coloccini, Bassong, probably Taylor aswell - are all better than Andy O'Brien, Andy Griffin or Aaron Hughes. Rightfully... yet it's the latter that has actually appeared in the last 16 of, what is essentially, the world elite competition.

People bitch and moan about our squad constantly, and whilst i agree it's hardly brilliant... what a good manager could do with it beggars belief. :nope:

Haha, for those having a moan about Coloccini, watch Fulham's first goal from yesterday and see what we used to have in Andy O'Brien. :lol:

O'Brien was 10 million?

What's that got to do with it? You could say has Coloccini had 8 years in the Premiership?

S'funny isn't it... we'd say that Coloccini, Bassong, probably Taylor aswell - are all better than Andy O'Brien, Andy Griffin or Aaron Hughes. Rightfully... yet it's the latter that has actually appeared in the last 16 of, what is essentially, the world elite competition.

People bitch and moan about our squad constantly, and whilst i agree it's hardly brilliant... what a good manager could do with it beggars belief. :nope:

To be fair, how good would Coloccini & Bassong look if they had the likes of Robert, Solano, Speed, Dyer, even Jenas in front of them instead of Duff, Smith, Geremi & Butt?

Where the heck would we have played Modric if we had bought him?

Seems to be a man with no position.

I think ideally he would slot in behind two front men, but hardly any prem teams play a diamond.

O'Brien was 10 million?

To be fair, how good would Coloccini & Bassong look if they had the likes of Robert, Solano, Speed, Dyer, even Jenas in front of them instead of Duff, Smith, Geremi & Butt?

People always underestimate the midfield's role in a good defence unfortunately.

O'Brien was 10 million?

A fair point, absolutely. But i wouldn't say that Duff, Smith, Geremi or Butt are our four best midfielders in the squad. With a fully fit squad to choose from, the mong management team would still pick Duff and Butt (atleast) ahead of Guthrie/Barton/Nolan/(N'Zogbia). Which is kinda basically my point. IE, we are where we are mainly because of the management team.

O'Brien was 10 million?

People always underestimate the midfield's role in a good defence unfortunately.

"People always..."  You've no idea how condescending/patronising you are at times Kaka. I'm fully aware, actually. Cheers. :thup:

If there is one thing I would say Jenas does well it is making runs into the box to join the attack.

Does it really well.

Not the best midfielder in the world, but if someone offered him back to Newcastle for £5-6m in the summer I'd have him back in a flash.

Well you'd better have some really top players surrounding him because he does nothing else.

O'Brien was 10 million?

"People always..."   You've no idea how condescending/patronising you are at times Kaka. I'm fully aware, actually. Cheers. :thup:

Didn't mean to come across that way at all. Wrong choice of words.

Wasn't directed at you personally. Just meant that a lot of times the midfield isn't taken into account when iit comes to a defence's performance.

Guest firetotheworks

Haha, Jenas has been shite man. Nothings changed since he was shit for us.

Ashley Young is on fire so far. That nutmeg :drool:

O'Brien was 10 million?

"People always..."   You've no idea how condescending/patronising you are at times Kaka. I'm fully aware, actually. Cheers. :thup:

Didn't mean to come across that way at all. Wrong choice of words.

Wasn't directed at you personally. Just meant that a lot of times the midfield isn't taken into account when iit comes to a defence's performance.

Alright, sorry. :thup:

If Villa miss out on 4th, will the press etc blame the signing of Heskey in the same way they unfairly blamed Asprilla for costing us the title under Keegan?

The fans have started already.

I just don't get it. Carew offers less to the team as a whole, but he scores goals.

MON picks Heskey whatever. Same with Gabby, looked awful for a couple of months now, gets picked every time.