The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest kingdawson

shouldve had two pens so far tbf

That was a dive by Drogba imo. Look at it again and you'll clearly see Drogba lose possession of the ball, then throw himself on the floor like he usually does. His touch took the ball away from him.

Alves didn't deserve a yellow for that 'foul' but he's a cunt too, so i can't say i care much.

Guest Heneage

Easy to say in hindsight.

I think even at the time it was well documented that Souness wanted Anelka & Boa Morte, but someone else in the club wanted Owen & Luque. To be fair I don't remember too many complaints at the time.

On paper those two probably looked better options, Luque in La Liga was a top player period, ignore what happened when he joined. Owen was still a top striker with good pedigree, where as Anelka was the trouble making goalscorer, hindsight being the wonderful thing it is, Anelka and Boa Morte would have been better.

Nowhere near as good as Zidane's volley in the CL final. Talk about talking bollocks.

Remember though, this is Andy Gray so and English team will always be better than any other.

shouldve had two pens so far tbf

That was a dive by Drogba imo. Look at it again and you'll clearly see Drogba lose possession of the ball, then throw himself on the floor like he usually does. His touch took the ball away from him.

Alves didn't deserve a yellow for that 'foul' but he's a cunt too, so i can't say i care much.

just because a player dives doesnt mean a foul hasn't been committed. these days the two are far from mutually exclusive.

Guest Spark

Nowhere near as good as Zidane's volley in the CL final. Talk about talking bollocks.

"It was more difficult 'cos we knew Zidane could do that"

:lol: