The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Argentina are not certain to qualify and with Portugal looking like missing out,  we may have a World cup without Messi & Ronaldo!

Was just about to point this out. Argentina really will struggle to qualify, Maradona is proving himself to be totally useless tactically.

Their next 3 games:

Brazil at home

Paraguay(2nd in the group) away

Uruguay away

All very losable games, while Ecuador have a far easier run in.

Is it the top 3 who go through automatically and 4th goes into a playoff?

Top 4 qualify, 5th plays the 4th placed North American team.

Which currently happens to be Mexico, who are also relatively useless at the moment.

top 4 go through automatically and 5th goes into the play off.  Argentina are currently in 4th on 22 pts,  Ecuador are now on 20 and if Uruguay win away at Venezuela later this morning then they'll also be on 20 points.

Both Ecuador and  Uruguay will be breathing down Argentina's neck.

I would love to see a world cup without Portugal and Argentina, it is also likely that Nigeria may miss out, not as big as the other two but have always been a familer team and can cause upsets. I would rate England as as 3rd Fav's at the moment, with Spain and Brazil ahead of them, and I think we can beat both, are B team did well against Spain and were unlucky not to get anything out of the games a few month's ago. Both Portugal and Argentina have shown that they are beatable, so I would say our main threats are Spain, Brazil, Germany, and Holland and Italy should be teams to look out for aswell.

I would love to see a world cup without Portugal and Argentina, it is also likely that Nigeria may miss out, not as big as the other two but have always been a familer team and can cause upsets. I would rate England as as 3rd Fav's at the moment, with Spain and Brazil ahead of them, and I think we can beat both, are B team did well against Spain and were unlucky not to get anything out of the games a few month's ago. Both Portugal and Argentina have shown that they are beatable, so I would say our main threats are Spain, Brazil, Germany, and Holland and Italy should be teams to look out for aswell.

Seriously? From what I've read on here I thought they tore you a new asshole that game :lol:

Seriously? From what I've read on here I thought they tore you a new asshole that game :lol:

Played in midfield most of the game, noone really deserved to win, they did up it in the 2nd half but nah, I think they were rather unlucky tbh.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I would love to see a world cup without Portugal and Argentina,

What the fuck's wrong with you?  :lol:

You need the Ronaldo and Messi there man.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It may give us a chance, or a bit of revenge to all the Europien teams who were glad that we didn't make it last year.

Meh, I'd find it depressing if a team as shit as ours won the WC tbh. We're really not that great at all and play some horrendously dull football at times even against Andorra the only player who is genuinely exciting on the ball with an end product is ROoney.

I would love to see a world cup without Portugal and Argentina, it is also likely that Nigeria may miss outnot as big as the other two but have always been a familer team and can cause upsets. I would rate England as as 3rd Fav's at the moment, with Spain and Brazil ahead of them, and I think we can beat both, are B team did well against Spain and were unlucky not to get anything out of the games a few month's ago. Both Portugal and Argentina have shown that they are beatable, so I would say our main threats are Spain, Brazil, Germany, and Holland and Italy should be teams to look out for aswell.

It's not f**** likely. You can go f*** yourself man. :lol: Will be interesting and close between us and Tunisia. Of all the African powerhouses, Egypt and Cameroon are in the biggest trouble. Both of them have collected 1 point from the two matches and Cameroon have failed to score a goal.