Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

why would they offer more?  said this before, unlike their other buys we're massively up shit street and are there for the taking...if i had anything to do with it from the citeh side it's what i'd be offering too seeing as the whole fucking world knows he wants out as well

why would they offer more?  said this before, unlike their other buys we're massively up s*** street and are there for the taking...if i had anything to do with it from the citeh side it's what i'd be offering too seeing as the whole f***ing world knows he wants out as well

West Ham aren't exactly in financial utopia!

Bellamy wanted out as well, even 'rumoured' to have said goodbye to teammates before the deal was done!

They got 14 mil for a 29 year old striker with a couple of good years left in him max, and they played very little hardball!

We are getting offered 5 mil for one of the most consistent goalkeepers in the league who has at least 5 top quality years ahead!

We have every right to expect more, however at this stage, and with the injuries(and performance) last night it is essential to get some players involved, along with cash!

With Barton out Johnson, Gelson or maybe both would be a good deal, and I would also like to see us try for a wee loan deal involving Sturridge or even Evans.

Staying near the pc hoping for this situation to be sorted today/tonight plust at least one signing, expecting to be disappointed.

Should sell for anything less than £10M IMO, not as if we are going to re-invest the money is it, let's be honest! ... Therefore it's not worth selling him for £5M.

why would they offer more?  said this before, unlike their other buys we're massively up s*** street and are there for the taking...if i had anything to do with it from the citeh side it's what i'd be offering too seeing as the whole f***ing world knows he wants out as well

West Ham aren't exactly in financial utopia!

Bellamy wanted out as well, even 'rumoured' to have said goodbye to teammates before the deal was done!

They got 14 mil for a 29 year old striker with a couple of good years left in him max, and they played very little hardball!

We are getting offered 5 mil for one of the most consistent goalkeepers in the league who has at least 5 top quality years ahead!

We have every right to expect more, however at this stage, and with the injuries(and performance) last night it is essential to get some players involved, along with cash!

With Barton out Johnson, Gelson or maybe both would be a good deal, and I would also like to see us try for a wee loan deal involving Sturridge or even Evans.

Staying near the pc hoping for this situation to be sorted today/tonight plust at least one signing, expecting to be disappointed.

i'm on your side and see your point, west ham however certainly aren't in any way shape or form in the dire straights we are on the pitch are they?  although they've got problems they publicly came out and said zola didn't have to sell anyone and they've now gone and reinvested most (all?) of the money the got for him on someone else which backs that up

man city obviously felt a striker, def mid & left back were top priority for them for the rest of the season and have acted accordingly...i think they know they'll get by well enough with hart for the rest of this season and pick given up when we get relegated and are acting accordingly

If we don't get more than £8m we should make Given stay and play as Harper's no 2 for a few games.

No we shouldn't. We should field our strongst XI of which he is part of.

We didn't play Zog yesterday, do you honestly think he was injured? Given should earn his shirt just like everybody else.

If we don't get more than £8m we should make Given stay and play as Harper's no 2 for a few games.

We didn't play Zog yesterday, do you honestly think he was injured? Given should earn his shirt just like everybody else.

No fucker earns their shirt at the moment, they don't fucking have to!

No fucker earns their shirt at the moment, they don't fucking have to!

It helps if you'd rather be pulling on a Newcastle jersey to a Man City one.

He's having a medical today. £10m deal, no players coming ths way.

To become the most expensive goalkeeper in British football history, and rightly so.

Farewell Shay Given. Watching you pull off a magnificent penalty save in the flesh was an absolute joy.

Now bring in some players with that please. Forget Michael Johnson, we'd only be asking for more trouble. Let's not go for cast offs from anywhere else either. I'd rather buy first teamers from lesser clubs/leagues than expensive cast offs looking for a new contract somewhere else.

Where's that from?

Friend of mine who is a Man City fan. If you look back at the other clubs transfers you'll see that I reported their last transfer before the media, so he's a good source :)

Guest johnson293

According to JFK, City have offered '£5m not a penny more'

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/29/shay-given-saga-not-over-until-city-bid-rises-72703-22808893/

If thats true then I hope we do tell them where to go. As has been said before, £14m for Bellamy and they offer £5m for Given... they are just taking the piss!

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/29/shay-given-saga-not-over-until-city-bid-rises-72703-22808893/

If thats true then I hope we do tell them where to go. As has been said before, £14m for Bellamy and they offer £5m for Given... they are just taking the piss!

Not a cat's chance in hell of us selling him for 5m late in the transfer window unless he has some sort of minimum release clause.

Not a cat's chance in hell of us selling him for 5m late in the transfer window unless he has some sort of minimum release clause.

Which he obviously hasn't or he'd be gone by now.

And as Baggio said earlier, Man City will probably just say "fuck you then, we werent that bothered anyway. We shall just buy someone better in the Summer", leaving us with an unhappy goalkeeper and no money to spend on getting more bodies in :(

Exactly

I don't think Shay Given should be sold for anything less then £20 million considering the price they paid for Bellamy at £14 million and Bridge at £11 million.

Last nights non appearance though has made things even more difficult for the club, it certainly looks like Shay has refused to play.

I don't think Shay Given should be sold for anything less then £20 million considering the price they paid for Bellamy at £14 million and Bridge at £11 million.

Last nights non appearance though has made things even more difficult for the club, it certainly looks like Shay has refused to play.

£20million is to low, I think we should ask for at least £80million tbh.

Guest Heneage

Even City fans are becoming arrogant now.

"He's no better than Hart really £5m at best"

"We had 3 penalties turned down last night you had one iffy claim (The taylor incident)"