The Second N-O Football Match - Red Team 1 - 2 Blue Team

Greg

Mick hasn't posted for ages, NE5 must be going stir crazy. Hope he comes again as photographer though, his snaps in the photo thread in GC are always worth a look.

Ref, not a clue.

We probably don't need a ref like, the last one had fuck all to do.

Make our own decisions.

We do it in the Intramural League at University without *too much* hassle, but those games are competitive and in leagues and against people you don't like. Only the latter one applies to this game so I we'd just about get by without one. Seriously.

The only game our team has got into a mass-brawl (broken noses and all sorts, it was fucking mint) was when there WAS a referee there... who the other team had brought with them like...

If people can't be honest/fair in a game of this sort then my faith in humanity would take another numbing blow.

Make our own decisions.

We do it in the Intramural League at University without *too much* hassle, but those games are competitive and in leagues and against people you don't like. Only the latter one applies to this game so I we'd just about get by without one. Seriously.

The only game our team has got into a mass-brawl (broken noses and all sorts, it was fucking mint) was when there WAS a referee there... who the other team had brought with them like...

If people can't be honest/fair in a game of this sort then my faith in humanity would take another numbing blow.

I blame the foreigners but i love a cheeky bit of cheating

Disagree.

As someone who is likely to be fouled alot by big fat rubbish centre backs, I would MUCH prefer a referee there to blow the whistle than have to plead my case every god damn time.

The last game was clean as a whistle as far as I remember. There's not much fouling can be done on 3G anyway, unless you like severe carpet burns (I do, like, seem to collect them).

It would be better if we could sort one out, but I don't think it's of massive importance.

The last game was clean as a whistle as far as I remember. There's not much fouling can be done on 3G anyway, unless you like severe carpet burns (I do, like, seem to collect them).

It would be better if we could sort one out, but I don't think it's of massive importance.

I'm not talking slide tackles etc really, more like shirt tugging and general sly bastardry

There was like two or three fouls blown for by that ref last time, none were malicious or anything either. The only calls he really had to make were corner/goalkick or throw-in to either team etc.

I agree with Rich, we're not desperate for one (unless someone will do it for free ofc)

Make our own decisions.

You mean I can't do a Gamst Pedersen and look around to see if anyone is close, and just fall? :(

I'm not talking slide tackles etc really, more like shirt tugging and general sly bastardry

There wasn't even any of that, not from me anyway (and I was playing CB).

It's not half as serious as is being made out on here man. The standard was fucking appalling, but everybody played fair :lol:

It's more of a "game on the grass at lunchtime" than a competitive affair.

It's not half as serious as is being made out on here man. The standard was fucking appalling, but everybody played fair :lol:

Haha well we'll see.

We'll just see if you have the temptation to pull me back when I've just sped past you and am about to bury my 15th hattrick of the half.

It's competitive but not in a bad way. Everything was good natured, everyone resisted the urge to snap one of the admin. Although I might go for a sly "strikers tackle" on Wullie or Big Dave if things aren't going my way. :shifty:

But I've been practicing my rolling around looking in immense pain and getting tears in my eyes ala Ronaldo.

Haha well we'll see.

We'll just see if you have the temptation to pull me back when I've just sped past you and am about to bury my 15th hattrick of the half.

That's why I've moved to RB man! I'm terrified by the hype surrounding the partnership between you and Pilko Ibrahimovic, don't know how Greg and Ash are going to cope.