Scraping the barrel

Guest scum
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest quklaani

It's like choosing to have either a heart attack or lung cancer.

still get man utd fans telling me that alan smith is a class player.

He was a decent player before his injury.

Nicky Butt was a fantastic midfielder at one point, Alan smith was a fantastic midfielder for one game.  Not a hard choice even if his legs have gone.

What frightens me is, Alan Smith's first big injury basically killed him as a player.

Now, having come back from another long-term injury, will he be (gasp) even worse?  :undecided:

It will be like in the cartoons, where a blow to the head leads to amnesia, and a second blow takes them back to normal. At least, it was worth trying.

Guest diddimz

What frightens me is, Alan Smith's first big injury basically killed him as a player.

Now, having come back from another long-term injury, will he be (gasp) even worse?  :undecided:

It will be like in the cartoons, where a blow to the head leads to amnesia, and a second blow takes them back to normal. At least, it was worth trying.

So if Smith does a full 180 and ends up as good as he was bad, he will be up for Ronaldo's newest award next season.

Really should have added geremi into that poll shouldn't I.

edit: done

Could you add 10 men option?

just vote for alan smith if you want that option, the amount of red cards that lad picks up.

Really should have added geremi into that poll shouldn't I.

edit: done

I'm still sticking with Smith. Geremi's a far better player but we need to weed out the dinosaurs from such an important area of the pitch.

After Butt's recent form, Smith.

:blush:

I take it you've forgotten how truly abysmal Smith is (I can't blame you, I've tried all sorts to wipe my memory and the nightmares still persist)?

Smith makes Butt look like Messi in comparison*.

*possibly an exaggeration.

I take it you've forgotten how truly abysmal Smith is (I can't blame you, I've tried all sorts to wipe my memory and the nightmares still persist)?

I'm clinging to some kind of misdirected sense of expectation that he's going to come back on fire... at least he can run.

:lol:

The reason I originally posted that was because Butt has been so consistently shite for so long, I was voting on a purely "anything except Butt" basis. And I'd kind of half-forgotten exactly how bad Smith was.