You're the youth scout

Kaizero

Guest Heneage

I think people are forgetting the 15-19 bit

Ok If I was to suggest two.

Stefano Okaka of Roma, and Fernando Forestri of Udinese, both young Italians, Nando is dual Argentine nationality, so would fit in well with Jonas/Colo, and both  have damn good potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Mamadou Sakho - I saw him play in the U17 Championships and he stood out a mile. The through googling him a year later I read that he was PSG captain at just 17/18. He is probably too good for us in our current state, but he has massive potential. A powerful header, danger from set pieces and ability to read the game as well as playing both left back and centre back.

Thibault Bourgeois - In the same game as Sakho he was one of the best players on the park. He is currently at FC Metz (until 2010) who were relegated to Ligue 2 last season and scored on his debut. A midfielder who can deliver well from set pieces as well as possessing some pace and passing ability.

Gökhan Töre - A Turkish/German player who appeared for Turkey (captained U17s) in the recent U17 Championships and was pivotal to a successful tournament. He is a left footed midfielder who is at Leverkusen. He has an excellent delivery of the ball and dribbling ability.

Abdülkadir Kayalı - Another player who stood out, with his range of passing and tackling ability, in his defensive midfielder role during the tournament, but has attracted interest from Chelsea recently. Edit: After as quick search it turns out he has recently signed for Fenerbahce from Ankaragucu.

Danijel Aleksić - Someone I have heard and read about for being prolific with the Serbian youth teams (has appeared for the full national side now). He is attracting interest from Partizan and Red Star. He plays for Vojvodina.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7861618.stm

Chelsea have signed Gökhan Töre.

Rabiu Ibrahim

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Pappoe/FUTBOL%20ADICTO/RabiuIbrahim.jpg

Star of the World champion Nigeria u-17 team. Considered to be the natural successor to Jay Jay Okocha. Currently at Sporting Lisbon

Macauley Christantus

http://www.scoutingtalents.com/images/chrisantus2.jpg

Leading scorer of that same champion Nigeria u-17 team, good powerful striker. Currently at Hamburg

Dele Adeleye

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1967/deleadeleyeir2.jpg

Very powerful young defender from my hometown club, Ibadan Shooting Stars. Went to the Olympics to mix with the older players, and was definitely one of the standout. Has reportedly already attracted Premier League interest. Currently at Sparta.

O'Brian White

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0829/ncaa_white_412.jpg

Don't think he'll ever quite make it at this level, but he went to the same university I am at, and I got to know him a bit. Just drafted by Toronto Fc.

There's also a very tall and powerful 18 year old Nigerian cenreback at that same university, who goes by the by the pseudonym, "babatunde", and has plenty of "Black Power". He's a very clumsy player who collects many many cards, but I think Newcastle (or any other club in Europe) should give him a chance. O0

Guest optimistic nit

Rabiu Ibrahim

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Pappoe/FUTBOL%20ADICTO/RabiuIbrahim.jpg

Star of the World champion Nigeria u-17 team. Considered to be the natural successor to Jay Jay Okocha. Currently at Sporting Lisbon

Macauley Christantus

http://www.scoutingtalents.com/images/chrisantus2.jpg

Leading scorer of that same champion Nigeria u-17 team, good powerful striker. Currently at Hamburg

Dele Adeleye

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1967/deleadeleyeir2.jpg

Very powerful young defender from my hometown club, Ibadan Shooting Stars. Went to the Olympics to mix with the older players, and was definitely one of the standout. Has reportedly already attracted Premier League interest. Currently at Sparta.

O'Brian White

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0829/ncaa_white_412.jpg

Don't think he'll ever quite make it at this level, but he went to the same university I am at, and I got to know him a bit. Just drafted by Toronto Fc.

There's also a very tall and powerful 18 year old Nigerian cenreback at that same university, who goes by the by the pseudonym, "babatunde", and has plenty of "Black Power". He's a very clumsy player who collects many many cards, but I think Newcastle (or any other club in Europe) should give him a chance. O0

i've heard babatunde's a  bit of girl myself like. couldn't stand the physical demands of the PL ;)

I guess the subsequent posters decided to ignore the op`s question for 15-19 year old players then ;) ....so will i with this one

River Plate - Diego Buonanotte

Udinese - Alexis Sanchez

Savio - the guy West Ham just signed looks a fantastic prospect for the future but big price tag might affect him

Kerlon Moura Souza

Similar to Conca. He's more for that touch of magic than someone who will put in a reasonable shift every week. 5 years younger than Conca and just moved to Europe playing for Chievo. So we can monitor him in a decent standard of league and still have an opportunity to tempt him away from his club if he turns out to do the business.

hardly played a game for Chievo, 1 to be exact, constantly injured(and pretty much has been since a Brazilian player completely took him out of the game for trying his 1 trick seal dribble......

Your brothers Old Type?

Yes, all South Koreans, all 50 million of them, are related. :rolleyes:

So how's your bro Mike Ashley doing?

If you believe the korean media, Man U are after Ki.

Ki studied high school in Brisbane so I assume he speaks decent English as well.

As to Tahj Minnecon, he's ok but still very very raw.  Still, put him around a good coaching staff and players and he has potential.

I really can't put a finger on a player in the A-League at this stage who I think would set the Premier League alight.  Scott Jamieson of Adelaide United might be worth a look.  He plays left back and has been easily the best left back in the league and in the Asian Champions League.  He's still only 20, was a decent prospect with Bolton Wanderers and has a lot of guts and fight about him....he's pretty small though so I don't know if he would ok physically for the Premier League. If we need height there's always our other Adelaide boy Robbie Cornthwaite.  :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

http://spn.chosun.com/site/data/img_dir/2008/07/30/2008073001643_0.jpg

Lee Chung-Yong and Ki Sung-Yong. Two lads who are lighting up South Korea lately.

Lee plays wide, more of a wing-forward than a side midfielder. Loves to go on long runs, beat his man, cut in to the box, and cause havok. He's not Lennon-pacy but has great acceleration, control, and supreme confidence. Played for South Korea at the 2007 U20 World Cup and is now a first-team regular in the senior squad. Very Jonas-esque when he's at his best. Apparently there are a bunch of English clubs already looking at him, just waiting for him to pick up a few more caps so he can get a work permit.

Ki is a former center-half/defensive midfielder who's been converted to a box-to-box role. His original claim to fame was having a ridiculously accurate long pass: I've honestly never seen any player in a South Korea shirt pass as well as he does. This year he's gone from being a bit one-dimensional DM who just boots the ball forward to a much more mobile player with a great engine and good ball-skills. He's also a big lad with decent defensive instincts. Also played for South Korea at the 2007 U20 World Cup and is now a first-teem regular in the senior squad. I think he's as good as Danny Guthrie now. God knows where he'll be in a few years.

They're both 19. I'm a bit biased, but would be great signings for the future imo.

hey oldtype, watching korea vs iraq and the lad ki sung-yong looks the part i have to say...big lad and seems able to read the game more than most of his teammates

he'll do a job in europe when he gets his move no doubt

other lad you mentioned is playing but has been very quiet

Lee Chung-Yong and Ki Sung-Yong. Two lads who are lighting up South Korea lately.

Lee plays wide, more of a wing-forward than a side midfielder. Loves to go on long runs, beat his man, cut in to the box, and cause havok. He's not Lennon-pacy but has great acceleration, control, and supreme confidence. Played for South Korea at the 2007 U20 World Cup and is now a first-team regular in the senior squad. Very Jonas-esque when he's at his best. Apparently there are a bunch of English clubs already looking at him, just waiting for him to pick up a few more caps so he can get a work permit.

Ki is a former center-half/defensive midfielder who's been converted to a box-to-box role. His original claim to fame was having a ridiculously accurate long pass: I've honestly never seen any player in a South Korea shirt pass as well as he does. This year he's gone from being a bit one-dimensional DM who just boots the ball forward to a much more mobile player with a great engine and good ball-skills. He's also a big lad with decent defensive instincts. Also played for South Korea at the 2007 U20 World Cup and is now a first-teem regular in the senior squad. I think he's as good as Danny Guthrie now. God knows where he'll be in a few years.

They're both 19. I'm a bit biased, but would be great signings for the future imo.

hey oldtype, watching korea vs iraq and the lad ki sung-yong looks the part i have to say...big lad and seems able to read the game more than most of his teammates

Sorry, but I have to ask. Why are you watching Korea vs Iraq? Where's the appeal?  :kinnear:

Sorry, but I have to ask. Why are you watching Korea vs Iraq? Where's the appeal?  :kinnear:

i live in korea and it's that or some fucking bullshit tv show i can't understand

i live in korea and it's that or some fucking bullshit tv show i can't understand

Fair enough then :thup: For some reason I thought you were in the states, which is why I didn't see the appeal.

Fair enough then :thup: For some reason I thought you were in the states, which is why I didn't see the appeal.

nah, there's no appeal - boxing match between 2 armless men tbh

it's 1-1 due to two headbutts!  :lol:

Rasmus Elm, born in 1988. In the squad for Swedens WC-qualifier against Portugal and scored a wondergoal..

..on his international debut against Austria. Plays for Kalmar FF who just won the Swedish title, and is the younger brother of Viktor Elm (Heerenveen).

He turned down a move to Fulham in January and opted to stay in Sweden to develop further before moving abroad. Lars Lagerbäck says he's "world class off the ball" already.

Rasmus Elm, born in 1988. In the squad for Swedens WC-qualifier against Portugal and scored a wondergoal..

..on his international debut against Austria. Plays for Kalmar FF who just won the Swedish title, and is the younger brother of Viktor Elm (Heerenveen).

He turned down a move to Fulham in January and opted to stay in Sweden to develop further before moving abroad. Lars Lagerbäck says he's "world class off the ball" already.

Would be an excellent signing imo.  Sweden gets one big player every 5th year.  Larsson, Ljungberg, Zlatan.. Elm is our next big thing.

He plays all over midfield. Has a very good eye for the game, good crossing and also the extremely long throw ins, like Delap.

He has just made a place in the swedish national teams line up his.

The Saints are skint, so can someone tell me what the following are like:

Adam Lallana

Andrew Surman (saw him few times looks decent but need more info)

Charlton looked fucked, so would like to know about:

Carl Jenkinson

Jonjo Shelvey

Cheers

The Saints are skint, so can someone tell me what the following are like:

Adam Lallana

Andrew Surman (saw him few times looks decent but need more info)

Charlton looked f***ed, so would like to know about:

Carl Jenkinson

Jonjo Shelvey

Cheers

Seems Roy is onto him:

FULHAM aim to cash in on the money crisis at Southampton by landing England Under- 21 star Adam Lallana for a knockdown fee.

Boss Roy Hodgson had a £2.5m bid for Lallana, 20, rejected last summer but hopes to secure the midfield ace for £1.5m.

Saints are £30m in debt and need to sell players to raise funds.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/250262/Fulham-look-to-Lallana.html