Is Dennis Wise a disruptive influence? Or are the fans making him one?

The Prophet

These statements are so ambiguous, it could be easily argued either way what they mean.

:thup:

Keegan (obviously) and Kinnear's statements about buying and selling players strongly suggest they're not sure what Wise's role actually is.

I couldn't possibly say for certain whether Wise is doing his job well or not, but I feel that he's a disruptive influence almost by default.

There is nothing to suggest that he interfered with any first team transfer activity, as everything mentioned in the media was pure speculation and has yet to be proved/disproved.

Apart from the club's official statement when KK left?

It's fairly clear what he does as it says in the article. It's just to what capacity does he carry out those roles. For example how involved is he in player recruitment?

Eh? :lol:

How is it 'fairly clear' then?

Guest guinness_fiend

Anyone fancy defining his role with accuracy?

I'm not convinced either of our managers since he came in can.

My interpretation is that he's primarily youth based but also suggests players for the first team as well.

so where does laying the law down to Kevin keegan, having turned up late smelling of drink come into it.

Proof?  Quotes?  Video evidence?  Hearsay?

My interpretation is that he's primarily youth based but also suggests players for the first team as well.

so where does laying the law down to Kevin keegan, having turned up late smelling of drink come into it.

FACT...allegedly

Guest fading star

There is nothing to suggest that he interfered with any first team transfer activity, as everything mentioned in the media was pure speculation and has yet to be proved/disproved.

And Keegan’s elation at signing Xisco and Nacho.

Guest guinness_fiend

Everything has been claimed and denied that many times, who knows what really went on.  Given that Keegan will be bound by a confidentiality agreement if the club have any sense, it is unlikely that we will ever find out.

All that I know is, on the outside, Wise has been picking up young players for the Academy.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1227633,00.html

NEWCASTLE United announces that Dennis Wise has agreed to join the Club in the role of Executive Director (Football). Also joining the Club are Tony Jimenez as Vice President (Player Recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid in the position of Technical Co-ordinator.

Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman.Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team.

Chairman Chris Mort said: "This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the Club as manager.

"Two of the conclusions of our strategic review, since acquiring the Club, were that the Club would benefit from having a football person involved at Board level, which it has not had historically, and that further senior resources are needed for recruiting players of the highest quality from this country and further afield.

"Dennis would like to move away from day-to-day football management to a Board role and, with his considerable energy and intelligence, we believe he will do very well in this new position.

"With Kevin able to devote his efforts to developing and running the first team squad, Dennis, Tony and Jeff will each help us to secure success for Newcastle United Football Club at all levels and for the long-term. One or two further key appointments will follow in the months ahead."

:buck2:

:buck2: x 1000

The first bit in bold implies that KK has/had total control but its sort of watered down by the second.

Ambiguous at best.

Wonder if this was intentional or just a coincidence?

Guest guinness_fiend

FACT

:lol:

It's fairly clear what he does as it says in the article. It's just to what capacity does he carry out those roles. For example how involved is he in player recruitment?

If it's fairly clear, how come so many people think he's a scout? It says "he's the football person involved at board level." That's not a scout. The board members don't typically stand on the sidelines of Academy pitches up and down the country. Wise is probably involved in doing deals but if you think he's the one picking players out based on that job description, I'd say you've got a screw loose.

Didn't Xisco say he met Keegan who told him his plans for the club before signing?

Not really the actions you would expect from someone who didn't want the player.

It confirms my belief that he's a cunt, doesnt change anything about his job role.

I wonder how that alledged incident got leaked.

And Keegans elation at signing Xisco and Nacho.

Didn't Xisco say he met Keegan who told him his plans for the club before signing?

Not really the actions you would expect from someone who didn't want the player.

Keegan is a master at telling people what they want to hear. ;)

It confirms my belief that he's a cunt, doesnt change anything about his job role.

I wonder how that alledged incident got leaked.

Keegan probably told Louise Taylor, whilst telling the fans something completely different.

but why at the other day as i remember he said the opposite thing??

but why at the other day as i remeber he said the opposite thing??

Who?

Eh? :lol:

His job is defined as:

Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment.

Basically Ashley and the board didn't (and possibly still don't) have a scooby how to run a football club so they asked Wise to not advise them on footballing matters due to his experience in the game. This as it says above conducting their end of the transfer business and adding to the academy.

The problem is defining how far those roles of "assisting" the board go. Does he go scouting? Does he sit on the negotiating table and most importantly does he work with or above the manager. Like you say, it's ambiguous but it's a starting point hence being "fairly clear" as a pose to being "crystal clear".

>:D

Guest fading star

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1227633,00.html

NEWCASTLE United announces that Dennis Wise has agreed to join the Club in the role of Executive Director (Football). Also joining the Club are Tony Jimenez as Vice President (Player Recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid in the position of Technical Co-ordinator.

Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman.Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team.

Chairman Chris Mort said: "This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the Club as manager.

"Two of the conclusions of our strategic review, since acquiring the Club, were that the Club would benefit from having a football person involved at Board level, which it has not had historically, and that further senior resources are needed for recruiting players of the highest quality from this country and further afield.

"Dennis would like to move away from day-to-day football management to a Board role and, with his considerable energy and intelligence, we believe he will do very well in this new position.

"With Kevin able to devote his efforts to developing and running the first team squad, Dennis, Tony and Jeff will each help us to secure success for Newcastle United Football Club at all levels and for the long-term. One or two further key appointments will follow in the months ahead."

:buck2:

:buck2: x 1000

The first bit in bold implies that KK has/had total control but its sort of watered down by the second.

Ambiguous at best.

Wonder if this was intentional or just a coincidence?

What was Mort's profession?

Who?

xisco... he said he never met keegan?

Who?

When?

Who?

When?

Here obviously

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1052723/Xisco-Dont-blame-Keegan-farce--I-just-want-score-Newcastle.html

He said: 'My dream move must not be tarnished by these rumours.

'When I flew in on Monday, the club presented me to Kevin Keegan. He talked to me in a bit of detail about his plans for the footballing development of the club.

'That was an important moment for me in my decision to accept this incredible turn of events.

'I just can’t believe he won’t be there when I get back from international duty.

He did.

I still think KK got Xisco & Nacho dumped on him rather than had a say on it.

I can't see what Xisco has to do with anything. Keegan spoke to him therefore he supported his signing over the players he wanted? From what I know of KK and his relationship with players, I wouldn't have expected him to just ignore Xisco and refuse to talk to him regardless of whether he'd wanted him or not.

He might be a temperamental sod at times but he's not a cunt.

He did.

I still think KK got Xisco & Nacho dumped on him rather than had a say on it.

That word there is the biggest problem with all versions of events people come up with about what happened.  Sadly I don't think we'll ever find out the truth. :(