Time for Wise to step up?

TRon

No more time for bullshit. Wise has balls, these are his players he needs to take responsibility. If Joe is wavering and claiming his 'hands are tied' then we need someone in charge who believes in the squad being built here. If Wise is that man then he needs to carry the can.

there you have the problem with the DOF. If the player recruiting is not good enough, whats the point of keeping him on and changing the manager ?

Still, I suppose one or two numpties will still stand by it  :nope:

Do you think the quality of the player recruitment has been acceptable? Quantity is far and away the main issue for me. The squad is threadbare to say the least.

edit: by the way, I realise that this is the fault of the recruitment.

I'll admit I thought the 2 Argies were great at Old Trafford, I'm sure if I say anything different then baggy will triumphantly remind me, although using hindsight in the manner of someone like mandiarse isn't really me.

I still think Jonas is a quality player, in spite of his lack of goals, but Colocinni [and I posted this a while ago, maybe in the thread about him] lacks the strength to be a top centre half in the premiership. I like centre halfs who stand up tall, like he did at Old Trafford, but he hasn't repeated that enough for me. Bassong looks by far the best and along with Taylor is our best central defensive pairing.

Guthrie was Keegans signing, at least he says he was, and he;s OK but a bottom half premiership player and a typical player you get for that price bracket. He might be a good lad but that is irrelevant in the cold light of day.

The others are, well, forgettable. Smith has been a huge disappointment, Viduka was nothing more than a cheap and poor replacement for Shearer.

The best signings made since Ashley have been Jonas and Beye by a country mile. Faye was solid it was disappointing to see him sold to Stoke. Enrique - one minute he looks good, the next he is poor. Maybe he is young and adapting, when Barton had a go at him for not tracking the other week he was right. Wrong to do it in the way he did, but right in what he thought. He is quite quick and strong, but I must admit I don't really like lazy minded defenders doing things like that too often, however good they may be on the ball.

Selling Given for the reasons he will leave, losing Owen, and the general situation at the club completely negates any of the few successes they have made in the transfer market, including allowing the squad to be so small, this is why we are now staring down right at the drop zone and to be honest, under the current policy we wouldn't have any chance of putting together the bricks to come back and make a better fist of it.

dude, if you posted more about football only matters you'd fuckin own 75% of the people on this board

and what about you  ;D

cheers mate.

The only problem with recruitment is lack of funds and until the club can knock it's wage bill down so that we can afford to by players it will continue to be the problem for whoever is doing the buying.

You're not Bob Murray are you, he knew all about accounts.

The only problem with recruitment is lack of funds and until the club can knock it's wage bill down so that we can afford to by players it will continue to be the problem for whoever is doing the buying.

No I'm not.

I think even Bob Murray would give up trying to explain the clubs finances to you though.

No I'm not.

I think even Bob Murray would give up trying to explain the clubs finances to you though.

he doesn't have to explain anything other than the success his club had when he ran it.

Your talking about accounts, and I'm giving you a very successful accountant. If you think you know better than him how to run a football club........then again, you still back this DOF bollocks don't you , so you're detached from reality in both directions.

No I'm not.

he doesn't have to explain anything other than the success his club had when he ran it.

Your talking about accounts, and I'm giving you a very successful accountant. If you think you know better than him how to run a football club........then again, you still back this DOF bollocks don't you , so you're detached from reality in both directions.

Yes, that's exactly how it works, he was an accountant and since his club didn't get up to much that explains all you need to know.

Just keep on borrowing a spending while avoiding answering all questions about where the moneys coming from is the way eh, Stevie. And I'm the one supposed to be detached from reality. :lol:

No I'm not.

Yes, that's exactly how it works, he was an accountant and since his club didn't get up to much that explains all you need to know.

Just keep on borrowing a spending while avoiding answering all questions about where the moneys coming from is the way eh, Stevie. And I'm the one supposed to be detached from reality. :lol:

so yo think that because Bob Murray did a good job for his club do you, matthew lad ?

I suppose you do have an extra motivation here, other than being unable to admit your DOF bollocks has been shown up for what it is, and this is that your man Mike will be responsible for us playing in your local area of Bristol soon.

Care to tell us when Arsenal and Liverpool are going bust, and why their supporters are so unhappy these days

No I'm not.

so yo think that because Bob Murray did a good job for his club do you, matthew lad ?

I suppose you do have an extra motivation here, other than being unable to admit your DOF bollocks has been shown up for what it is, and this is that your man Mike will be responsible for us playing in your local area of Bristol soon.

Care to tell us when Arsenal and Liverpool are going bust, and why their supporters are so unhappy these days

Arsenal are in very real danger of struglling financially, I imaigine they're in a posiiton to spend should the worse happen becasue they have been managed financially and not spent huge amounts. Liverpool on the other hand are a team waiting to collapse.

No I'm not.

Arsenal are in very real danger of struglling financially, I imaigine they're in a posiiton to spend should the worse happen becasue they have been managed financially and not spent huge amounts. Liverpool on the other hand are a team waiting to collapse.

and lets all hold hands, hum and hope they do

No I'm not.

so they have been badly run for years, decades even ?

No I'm not.

How many times does it have to be pointed out to you the difference between the debt that Arsenal carry and here?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59510.msg1665705.html#msg1665705

Arsenal are lot worse off now than they were in May due to the arse falling out of the property market where they had invested heavily.

The point is they more than cover what they have to pay back with the extra profit they make from their bigger stadium.

We on the other hand have been making a loss before we even get involved in transfers.

Guest The Libertine

Arsenal are lot worse off now than they were in May due to the arse falling out of the property market where they had invested heavily.

not sure where i read it but wenger said recently they'd be pretty much fucked if they dont finish in the top 4 this year. "financial armageddon" or something similar was mentioned.

No I'm not.

Noone is saying we've been run badly for decades, more so the past 5 years, the years that have been most releavnt to our present.

They will be is they sack Wenger for failing to qualify, appoint Souness then give him huge amounts to spend allowing him to add to the wage bill, then sacking him and appointing Roder and wasting money on players that arent vital then sacking him and appointing Allardyce....lets see what the fans think of their glorious past if that were to happen. And lets see the financial mess that they get into for failing to qulaify for the CL over and over again.

not sure where i read it but wenger said recently they'd be pretty much f***ed if they dont finish in the top 4 this year. "financial armageddon" or something similar was mentioned.

They would of been in the clear if it wasn't for the property slump.

Grim reading for the Arse:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/05/arsenal-premierleague

No I'm not.

Noone is saying we've been run badly for decades, more so the past 5 years, the years that have been most releavnt to our present.

They will be is they sack Wenger for failing to qualify, appoint Souness then give him huge amounts to spend allowing him to add to the wage bill, then sacking him and appointing Roder and wasting money on players that arent vital then sacking him and appointing Allardyce....lets see what the fans think of their glorious past if that were to happen. And lets see the financial mess that they get into for failing to qulaify for the CL over and over again.

we were a very badly run for decades up tot 1992. We were a well run club during the Halls and Shepherd and have became a shit little 2nd rate club again since Ashley bought it.

No I'm not.

How many times does it have to be pointed out to you the difference between the debt that Arsenal carry and here?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59510.msg1665705.html#msg1665705

how many times does it need to be pointed out to you that nobody has got anywhere near running the club as well as the Halls and Shepherd.

How many times does it need to be pointed out to you that your DOF bollocks is exactly that.

No I'm not.

how many times does it need to be pointed out to you that nobody has got anywhere near running the club as well as the Halls and Shepherd.

How many times does it need to be pointed out to you that your DOF bollocks is exactly that.

Again you completely ignore the post and go on about something else, that is why having a debate with you is a complete waste of time. O0

No I'm not.

we were a very badly run for decades up tot 1992. We were a well run club during the Halls and Shepherd and have became a shit little 2nd rate club again since Ashley bought it.

I think Ashley is just out of his depth, financially, and in terms of leadership.

No I'm not.

wow you really dodged that one

No I'm not.

Again you completely ignore the post and go on about something else, that is why having a debate with you is a complete waste of time. O0

we know its really because you throw your toys out of the pram when you know you're wrong baggy lad.

I've posted the league positions, if you want to support a team run like Bristol City, you have the real thing right on your doorstep lad. Pleased you acknowledge that Bob Murrays attention to finance and expertise in it gave the mackems a glorious 20 years, much better than ours, but I expect you to ignore that.

:idiot2:

No I'm not.

wow you really dodged that one

what I say is true.