Are we preparing for a life in the "Championship" ?

Guest Phil K

..........as opposed to challenging for the championship 10 years ago ?

looks like it

Would make your day wouldn't it. As long as all of your doubters are proved wrong.

silly boy.

I've got 1334 reasons for not wanting to go down and Mike Ashley to succeed, how many do you have ?

Unfortunately, not everybody has such blind naive faith as you and others.

How have I got blind faith? I've not said we won't go down.

saying we are in big danger doesn't mean you want us to go down. Daft lad.

A couple of years ago it was almost like loads of people wanted the fat bastard to fail, just so they could be proved right ? What a shame they didn't know a good board when it hit them in the face, even though a few people like me tried to tell them.

Anyway - on topic. Our best players are disollusioned, want to go, and we are selling them to raise funds to try and stave off relegation, if that isn't a club designed to compete at lower levels than it has been doing previously, I don't know what is.

A bit different to our more recent history when we tried to add good players as often as possible, wouldn't you agree ?

regarding the financial situation, i'm honestly interested in your view. do you think that given the recent accounts that the club should still be spending big on players? trying to loan some more money if we aren't making enough ourselves?

edit - regarding the season ticket, haven't you already renewed because you've paid upfront?

looks like it

Would make your day wouldn't it. As long as all of your doubters are proved wrong.

silly boy.

I've got 1334 reasons for not wanting to go down and Mike Ashley to succeed, how many do you have ?

A couple of years ago it was almost like loads of people wanted the fat bastard to fail, just so they could be proved right ? What a shame they didn't know a good board when it hit them in the face, even though a few people like me tried to tell them.

Anyway - on topic. Our best players are disollusioned, want to go, and we are selling them to raise funds to try and stave off relegation, if that isn't a club designed to compete at lower levels than it has been doing previously, I don't know what is.

A bit different to our more recent history when we tried to add good players as often as possible, wouldn't you agree ?

regarding the financial situation, i'm honestly interested in your view. do you think that given the recent accounts that the club should still be spending big on players? trying to loan some more money if we aren't making enough ourselves?

edit - regarding the season ticket, haven't you already renewed because you've paid upfront?

aye, I've just said that in the post above.

As for the financial situation, I think they should be trying to avoid relegation whatever it takes although the expense shouldn't be much to ensure it in footballing terms.

I am aware of the financial position, but football is all about success. There is no point in being one of the biggest clubs in the country if all you want to do is make a profit playing in the 2nd division or existing in the basement positions in the premiership - not that that will necessarily guarantee a profit either as has been proven to be the case.

looks like it

silly boy.

aye, I've just said that in the post above.

As for the financial situation, I think they should be trying to avoid relegation whatever it takes although the expense shouldn't be much to ensure it in footballing terms.

I am aware of the financial position, but football is all about success. There is no point in being one of the biggest clubs in the country if all you want to do is make a profit playing in the 2nd division or existing in the basement positions in the premiership

i agree totally, thats why i'm hoping to god that they ditch kinnear and bring in a solid manager in the summer and give him time, that and some reasonable investement and ditching of the likes of butt, duff, geremi will earn them praise from me

Going down is less likely now than it was just 48hrs ago, and it wouldn't be the end of the world even if it might feel like it. What concerns me the most is surviving only to face another season like this one. Can the Ashley 'vision' widen a bit to give more thought to first team and management structure, or will it still focus on future profit (youth) and counting pennies?

Going down is less likely now than it was just 48hrs ago, and it wouldn't be the end of the world even if it might feel like it. What concerns me the most is surviving only to face another season like this one. Can the Ashley 'vision' widen a bit to give more thought to first team and management structure, or will it still focus on future profit (youth) and counting pennies?

that concerns me most too, which is why i'm so anxious to find out who's going to be our manager next season, appointing kinnear would be almost souness/roeder levels of stupidity, almost

that concerns me most too, which is why i'm so anxious to find out who's going to be our manager next season, appointing kinnear would be almost souness/roeder levels of stupidity, almost

Well mate, if we lose tomorrow (and I normally try to be positive minded on a game by game basis because you can win any game if you play well on the day) we will be 6 points behind even the mackems, with only 14 games left, including home games against ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Time and options running out.

Well mate, if we lose tomorrow (and I normally try to be positive minded on a game by game basis because you can win any game if you play well on the day) we will be 6 points behind even the mackems, with only 14 games left, including home games against ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea.

imposter....someone has hijacked ne5's account.

a clear attack on fred's tenure and is met with no "euro qualification more than blah blah blah".

Yep, Im worrying about this a hell of a lot. If we stay up I just wont be able to face another season like this....its just so awful.

The best we can hope for is that we get a new buyer in before the summer. Then managers will be a bit more open towards coming here and we can banish this cunt of a set up at the club.

can you really see us losing tomorrow? i think the most likely result is a draw tbh, hopefully the home advantage will work in our favour, there's a reason why they haven't done the double over us for so long

can you really see us losing tomorrow? i think the most likely result is a draw tbh, hopefully the home advantage will work in our favour, there's a reason why they haven't done the double over us for so long

blimey mate. Its an absolute must win game, with home games against ManU, Chelsea and Arsenal to come, which is why I posted the last comment.

A draw is reallly no good, under those circumstances.

You're right, there are reasons why they haven't done the double over us for so long, which may be better if they aren't brought up.....I was there by the way when they last did it.

I obviously hope we win, but if we lost then the alarm bells are truly out.