Philippe Albert Interview

gazza ladra

How I wish we could have someone of his quality again.

We will never have anyone at this club, of his quality, again. 

Our owner has decided that the height of his ambition is mid-table mediocrity, if he is lucky. He speaks about us like that, I assume he thinks about us like that (both of these are from 'reports' as he does not actually speak to us at all) and if you read what many people on this board write, THEY too think that this is our rightful place (the best we can hope for).

The days of sheer excitement at our 'potential to achieve' . .  are over.

The days of quality players wanting to come here and then coming here . . are over.

I am not being pessimistic, just factual - as most on here seem to routinely acknowledge, particularly the younger ones who appear to accept and be 'happy with' our lot.

Do one.

I assume kindergaten was closed today because of the snow?

It was actually as you well know. I assume that's why you're so pent up today. No opportunity to get your rocks off, right?

Anyway... ignoring the melodramatic nature of your post... is it really necessary in here? Plenty of other threads on the state of the club.

My post was in response to an earlier post, which you have not included here. Yes, it is appropriate to this thread as people need to realise (some cannot and some can, but seem to think it is 'ok') what a long-term state we are in. Because of the nature of our owner, management team and players, we no longer have any will (or expectation, or ability) to succeed.

The facts are never (as you call it) 'melodramatic' - they are . . .  er . . .  the FACTS.

I find it hard to accept these particular facts, but I realise I have to - why don't you? - and ok perhaps this subject is more appropriate to other threads, but a dose of realism doesn't do any thread any harm.

Guest Chris P

EVERYONE KNOWS HIS NAME

who?

Nile Ranger

phillipe ,Phillipe Albert, EVERYONE KNOWS HIS NAME. To the tune of Rhupert the bear

Guest LucaAltieri

Our owner has decided that the height of his ambition is mid-table mediocrity, if he is lucky. He speaks about us like that, I assume he thinks about us like that (both of these are from 'reports' as he does not actually speak to us at all) and if you read what many people on this board write, THEY too think that this is our rightful place (the best we can hope for).

The days of quality players wanting to come here and then coming here . . are over.

I am not being pessimistic, just factual - as most on here seem to routinely acknowledge, particularly the younger ones who appear to accept and be 'happy with' our lot.

Do one.

It was actually as you well know. I assume that's why you're so pent up today. No opportunity to get your rocks off, right?

Anyway... ignoring the melodramatic nature of your post... is it really necessary in here? Plenty of other threads on the state of the club.

My post was in response to an earlier post, which you have not included here. Yes, it is appropriate to this thread as people need to realise (some cannot and some can, but seem to think it is 'ok') what a long-term state we are in. Because of the nature of our owner, management team and players, we no longer have any will (or expectation, or ability) to succeed.

The facts are never (as you call it) 'melodramatic' - they are . . .  er . . .  the FACTS.

I find it hard to accept these particular facts, but I realise I have to - why don't you?

"We will never have anyone at this club, of his quality, again. "

That is not a fact. It's melodramatic bollocks.

Do one.

I find it hard to accept these particular facts, but I realise I have to - why don't you?

Based on all available facts - it's bleedin' obvious.  In the absence of a crystal ball (you got any?) all references to the future contain an element of conjecture, however, our future seems reasonably clear, based on facts available.

Sady, only one word really applies to our beloved club now . . . MEDIOCRE.  We need to accept that.

Do one.

Based on all available facts - it's bleedin' obvious.  In the absence of a crystal ball (you got any?) all references to the future contain an element of conjecture, however, our future seems reasonably clear, based on facts available.

Sady, only one word really applies to our beloved club now . . . MEDIOCRE.   We need to accept that.

Key word. Now.

As in, not always.

To say that we will never have that sort of quality again, IS nothing more than melodramatic bullshit, and YOU need to accept that.

Guest optimistic nit

Do one.

Sady, only one word really applies to our beloved club now . . . MEDIOCRE.   We need to accept that.

deary me.

Do one.

deary me.

Deary us all.

I loved Albert. Great player and he loved the club. My two biggest memories of Albert are of that chip in the 5-0 against Man U. My other one sadly is of him thudding a free kick against the bar again against Man U in the year we lost the title. I was sitting behind that goal that night and I could not believe we didn't score. What with the free kick and Ferdinand one on one with Schmichael on at least three occasions. Then they score with a mis kick. How many games did they win 1-0 that year. Sometimes I do think we are cursed. Can you imagine a game between that Newcastle team at it's peak and team we currently have. What do you reckon the score would be. I would go for about 6-0. How far have we fell?

Just remembered where I was when I read about Newcastle sigining Albert. I was stuck at Jakator airport in Indonesia with a 5 hour wait between flights. Wonder if the signing of Nolan would have been reported in any Indonesian newspapers? Probably not. I remember reading about Shearers ankle injury at Everton when on holiday in Guatemala. In Barcelona I had the pleasure of reading about the Bower Dyer fight. It was never boring following Newcastle. Until now!

this october the entertainers (everyone of keegans legends) wil play a charity match against a liverpool legends team.game will be live on sky and hopefully at sjp but the club are pissing the organisers about

Source? Fantastic if its true

from one of the organising commitee

all of the players are desperate to be involved.the only one in doubt is tino as they are unsure if he will get a visa.the club will not allow kk to be involved.phil thompson is organizing the liverpool squad.all proceeds to go to some chariity associated with the rvi.the game will be played during an international break

from one of the organising commitee

all of the players are desperate to be involved.the only one in doubt is tino as they are unsure if he will get a visa.the club will not allow kk to be involved.phil thompson is organizing the liverpool squad.all proceeds to go to some chariity associated with the rvi.the game will be played during an international break

Excellent. The club wont allow the manager of one of the teams to attend his own Charity match.

Some cracking PR heading our way right there :doh:

Me thinks Anfield shall be the venue now.