NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad.

Your happy, just above relegation?

Relevant?

yes.

Incorrect.  I can be both unhappy with our current league position AND unhappy/unsupportive of the way NUSC conducts itself.

I cannot imagine the magnitude of idiocy required to think the two are mutually exclusive.

try harder then.

Afraid I'll need your help with it sweetheart.  Explain how they're mutually exclusive to me.  Use small words.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Bad.

Your happy, just above relegation?

Relevant?

yes.

Incorrect.  I can be both unhappy with our current league position AND unhappy/unsupportive of the way NUSC conducts itself.

I cannot imagine the magnitude of idiocy required to think the two are mutually exclusive.

try harder then.

Afraid I'll need your help with it sweetheart.  Explain how they're mutually exclusive to me.  Use small words.

might be a struggle pal, he called me a cunt for saying I'm sick of Keegan  :yikes:

Doiubtless you two clowns are just full of bright ideas about where to get more money for players etc.

Let's hear 'em, then.

qualifying for the Champions League ?

Do you honestly think Shepherd was going to get us back into the Champions League? :lol:

with your usual hindsight, do you think Mike Ashley will match the Halls and Shepherd ? Why don't you email Mike and tell him your criteria for appointing managers, as you agreed with at least 4 of the ones made by the Halls and Shepherd  bluelaugh.gif

Ok Mr 5.

I do not beleive that Ashley will match Hall and Shepherds first 10 years.

I do however believe that should we survive this season we will see an improvement in the squad, manager and performances. We will start to see players who want to play for the club and see it as a place to develop. European qualification within the next 3 years would be achievable.

Now......

Do you believe that had the Halls and Shepherd remained in control that they would match their previous 10 years?

I think - just like the first couple of years under Bobby Robson - they were aware of the need to regroup, take stock, with the aim to have another go. This however entails a degree of prudency in the transfer market which doesn't have to involve selling your best players or creating a club where they wanted to leave because they [and they should know] see the club as a club going nowhere. This was one of the reasons why Allardyce was appointed, because he had shown he could re-build a club to a certain degree, without needing big resources Then they would have aimed higher again, just like they did under Robson. Maybe with another manager. How well they do depends on the manager, but they would have backed their appointments again. The difference is I don't think Ashley will do it.

I don't think with a director of football, we will see the club get back to what it was, especially if it is Denis Wise. And I think if we do stay up, next season will be just like this one, and the next. Relegation is inevitable under the current approach.

I disagree, mate. Under the previous regime we were a timebomb of financial ruin that's addled the current regime with mountainous debts that require clearing. I think Allardyce was backed in the transfer market and bought some absolute dogshit (CACAAAAAAAAAAAAAPAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!) which probably jolted them into appointing a Director of Football when Keegan was re-installed due to Keegan having admitted to having not really paid attention to football since leaving Citeh.

I think this Summer is going to be the defining period for Ashley and his cohorts, get a few of the useless high-earners out of the club (Viduka, Smith etc) to drop the wage bill, appoint a manager who isn't a retard, get rid of dirty Den, and then see what can be done. A few signings of the calibre of Bassong and Jonas and I'll be very happy.

thats a fair point, I've not seen anyone mentioning that. The trouble is that they should have trusted Keegan by virtue of the fact that he had done it before, and if they weren't aware of that, why did they appoint him in the first place ?

We all want rid of the dross, every club wants rid of their dross, but we could easily buy more dross !!! And if you are buying in this lower end price market, you're increasing the odds of it becoming more likely.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I'd agree with a lot of the sentiment mentioned so far with regards to the outlandish expectations our fans have sometimes and the realistic, if somewhat mismanaged, plan that Ashley seems to have for the toon. Its certainly a good idea in principle.

My main gripe with NUSC is how Keegan-central it is. I don't care about Keegan any more, I'm sick of him.

As far as Newcastle United is concerned Keegan is history.

But he still deserves a recognition as playing a major part of the clubs history, it would be stupid to deny that.

I had a look at the NUSC website and I couldn't find  mention of him, so how are they Keegan-centric?

At the beginning of this season I felt (cautiously) optomistic that we would see improvement on on what went on in the few seasons before.

A manager would bring players of skill and passion to the club and a team who would at least try and play decent football.

All that hope I had has gone.

And I primarily blame Ashley & Wise  for that.

It like something I read in True Faith about the club called Newcastle United still playing in black and white at a stadium called St James Park but somehow the heart's gone out of it.

I'd agree with a lot of the sentiment mentioned so far with regards to the outlandish expectations our fans have sometimes and the realistic, if somewhat mismanaged, plan that Ashley seems to have for the toon. Its certainly a good idea in principle.

My main gripe with NUSC is how Keegan-central it is. I don't care about Keegan any more, I'm sick of him.

As far as Newcastle United is concerned Keegan is history.

But he still deserves a recognition as playing a major part of the clubs history, it would be stupid to deny that.

I had a look at the NUSC website and I couldn't find  mention of him, so how are they Keegan-centric?

At the beginning of this season I felt (cautiously) optomistic that we would see improvement on on what went on in the few seasons before.

A manager would bring players of skill and passion to the club and a team who would at least try and play decent football.

All that hope I had has gone.

And I primarily blame Ashley & Wise  for that.

It like something I read in True Faith about the club called Newcastle United still playing in black and white at a stadium called St James Park but somehow the heart's gone out of it.

They are keegan centric, cos it suits the argument of the keegan haters, and nusc haters.

Nusc are protesting against the running of the club,.. a badly run club is near the bottom of the league.

I'm unhappy with the manner and timing of their protests, lack of coherent direction and message.  I don't think their actions are beneficial to the club, regardless of their stated aims.

I am also unhappy with our current league position.  Just because they are too doesn't mean that I have to agree with everything else they do. 

There is no conflict here.

Guest toonlass

Nusc are protesting against the running of the club,.. a badly run club is near the bottom of the league.

I'm unhappy with the manner and timing of their protests, lack of coherent direction and message.  I don't think their actions are beneficial to the club, regardless of their stated aims.

I am also unhappy with our current league position.  Just because they are too doesn't mean that I have to agree with everything else they do. 

There is no conflict here.

:clap:

does this mean you really do advocate going back to the McKeag / Seymour days ?

I'm giving you the opportunity to tell us how we would have survived without Ashley.  We've got audited accounts which suggest that without him we were financially in the shit.

This should be an easy question for you to answer, again, how would our shareholders have aligned income with expenditure to remain solvent without selling our best players?

well, I'll ask you the same unanswered question I asked toonlass [i think]. Please tell us how many other premiership clubs should be calling in the receivers by now ?

Are you advocating a return of the McKeag / Seymour mid 2nd division solvency days - except is isn't, it just becomes worse again ?

To be honest im not  certain i agree with them , fully,.. what i am absolutely certain about is I agree with thier right to protest,.... protest against something you are not happy with is a good thing.

Doiubtless you two clowns are just full of bright ideas about where to get more money for players etc.

Let's hear 'em, then.

Do you honestly think Shepherd was going to get us back into the Champions League? :lol:

In 2001 do you regret the fact we didn't:

• Cut back on signings and not brought in Bellamy & Robert
  • Sell the likes of Dyer for a good profit
  • Let injury prone Shearer's contract run down so he could leave on a free and we could get his high wages off the bill (after all, we had a ready made replacement coming through from the youth team).
  • Get someone like Vinnie Jones in to buy and sell players over Robson's head.
  • If it pissed off Robson and he left, should we have replaced him with someone like Dave Basset.

he'll avoid it again UV

OMG talk about the pot calling the kettle,  :lol:

indeed. Are you going to tell us all the teams in the premiership who should be calling in the receivers ?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Let's hear 'em, then.

with your usual hindsight, do you think Mike Ashley will match the Halls and Shepherd ? Why don't you email Mike and tell him your criteria for appointing managers, as you agreed with at least 4 of the ones made by the Halls and Shepherd  bluelaugh.gif

Ok Mr 5.

I do not beleive that Ashley will match Hall and Shepherds first 10 years.

I do however believe that should we survive this season we will see an improvement in the squad, manager and performances. We will start to see players who want to play for the club and see it as a place to develop. European qualification within the next 3 years would be achievable.

Now......

Do you believe that had the Halls and Shepherd remained in control that they would match their previous 10 years?

I think - just like the first couple of years under Bobby Robson - they were aware of the need to regroup, take stock, with the aim to have another go. This however entails a degree of prudency in the transfer market which doesn't have to involve selling your best players or creating a club where they wanted to leave because they [and they should know] see the club as a club going nowhere. This was one of the reasons why Allardyce was appointed, because he had shown he could re-build a club to a certain degree, without needing big resources Then they would have aimed higher again, just like they did under Robson. Maybe with another manager. How well they do depends on the manager, but they would have backed their appointments again. The difference is I don't think Ashley will do it.

I don't think with a director of football, we will see the club get back to what it was, especially if it is Denis Wise. And I think if we do stay up, next season will be just like this one, and the next. Relegation is inevitable under the current approach.

I disagree, mate. Under the previous regime we were a timebomb of financial ruin that's addled the current regime with mountainous debts that require clearing. I think Allardyce was backed in the transfer market and bought some absolute dogshit (CACAAAAAAAAAAAAAPAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!) which probably jolted them into appointing a Director of Football when Keegan was re-installed due to Keegan having admitted to having not really paid attention to football since leaving Citeh.

I think this Summer is going to be the defining period for Ashley and his cohorts, get a few of the useless high-earners out of the club (Viduka, Smith etc) to drop the wage bill, appoint a manager who isn't a retard, get rid of dirty Den, and then see what can be done. A few signings of the calibre of Bassong and Jonas and I'll be very happy.

thats a fair point, I've not seen anyone mentioning that. The trouble is that they should have trusted Keegan by virtue of the fact that he had done it before, and if they weren't aware of that, why did they appoint him in the first place ?

We all want rid of the dross, every club wants rid of their dross, but we could easily buy more dross !!! And if you are buying in this lower end price market, you're increasing the odds of it becoming more likely.

I get your point, but I think with Keegan it came across as some kind of outrageous gamble that just went massively wrong. It's like they appointed him and thought 'GREAT! Everyone's going nuts, it's going to be amazing!' and then in the cold light of day realised that they couldn't get by on his reputation alone so installed a transfer babysitter. I don't like Dennis Wise at all, hated him as a player. He's just a horrible little shit. However, I do understand why he was brought in, but he is a massive stumbling block to us appointing a new manager. Bruce and Shearer have both said they won't work under a director of football, and I see them as the two most likely

well, I'll ask you the same unanswered question I asked toonlass [i think]. Please tell us how many other premiership clubs should be calling in the receivers by now ?

Are you advocating a return of the McKeag / Seymour mid 2nd division solvency days - except is isn't, it just becomes worse again ?

Just answer the question with an answer and stop trying to avoid it, how would our shareholders have aligned income with expenditure to remain solvent without selling our best players?

Guest toonlass

Let's hear 'em, then.

• Let injury prone Shearer's contract run down so he could leave on a free and we could get his high wages off the bill (after all, we had a ready made replacement coming through from the youth team).
  • If it pissed off Robson and he left, should we have replaced him with someone like Dave Basset.

he'll avoid it again UV

indeed. Are you going to tell us all the teams in the premiership who should be calling in the receivers ?

I told you, Liverpool are reported 4 weeks away from receivership. I don't know about other teams financial situations. But I am aware of the audited finances of Newcastle United as you are, and we were seriously up the creek without a paddle.

Guest toonlass

Just answer the question with an answer and stop trying to avoid it, how would our shareholders have aligned income with expenditure to remain solvent without selling our best players?

He wont answer it because he can't answer it without having to backtrack!

Guest NobbyOhNobby

To be honest im not  certain i agree with them , fully,.. what i am absolutely certain about is I agree with thier right to protest,.... protest against something you are not happy with is a good thing.

I agree with the sentiment, but I think the protests and demonstrations are something of an aside to the reality that the football club faces. We're not idiots, we know the football club are in the most serious relegation battle we've faced since 1991/92, so surely their energies could be better spent supporting the team and taking their protests into the close-season or once we've guaranteed our top-flight status.

I feel that, at the present time, its an unnecessary distraction.

On the Keegan side of thing I read some minutes from one of their meetings and it was all "Keegan, Keegan, Keegan, Keegan, if we brought back Keegan we'd still finish in the Champions League......". I appreciate it was a bit of a generalisation.

Let's hear 'em, then.

he'll avoid it again UV

I told you, Liverpool are reported 4 weeks away from receivership. I don't know about other teams financial situations. But I am aware of the audited finances of Newcastle United as you are, and we were seriously up the creek without a paddle.

Like half the premiership ?

Unless in your desire to slate for anything you can think of, you're saying everybody else was solvent and successful  bluelaugh.gif

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Let's hear 'em, then.

he'll avoid it again UV

Unless in your desire to slate for anything you can think of, you're saying everybody else was solvent and successful  bluelaugh.gif

There certainly are a few examples: Liverpool are fucked. They've got about £350million of loans due to be serviced in June with no obvious avenue of acquiring replacement funding, and no new stadium to secure future earnings against.

Everton are fucked, they haven't got a pot to piss in

Portsmouth are fucked

West Ham's owner has just lost millions upon millions

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if a Premier League club went into administration before the end of the season

As far as I know all of the others except for Liverpool are paying bills when they become due.

Again, how would our shareholders have aligned income with expenditure to remain solvent without selling our best players?