NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apologies if you've already told us NE5, I know how much you keep saying you hate repeating yourself, but have you joined NUSC?

They are probably not anti-Ashley enough for NE5, who has already given 3 years money to Mike Ashley cos he hates him that much!

unlike you, who only supports/supported the team when they were winning ie under the Halls and Shepherd.  bluelaugh.gif  Ahhh right, prove it! And while you are there, prove that you were there before Hall and Shepherd.  :rolleyes:

I take it that you were pro-Halls and shepherd then, or did you stop going when we suffered this "mediocrity" that you speak of ? I was neither pro or anti

I have a perspective which tells me what true mediocrity is. Nobody I know who supported the club during the 1970's and 1980's would say that finishing 13th in the top league is "mediocre" in comparison.

On the other hand, I have knowledge and know about the 80's and 70's whereas I'm now thinking that you don't, but you won't be the first person I've came across who said they supported the club during those times that didn't.

What do you think of my avatar. When do you think that was taken ?

Apologies if you've already told us NE5, I know how much you keep saying you hate repeating yourself, but have you joined NUSC?

They are probably not anti-Ashley enough for NE5, who has already given 3 years money to Mike Ashley cos he hates him that much!

unlike you, who only supports/supported the team when they were winning ie under the Halls and Shepherd.  bluelaugh.gif  Ahhh right, prove it! And while you are there, prove that you were there before Hall and Shepherd.  :rolleyes:

I take it that you were pro-Halls and shepherd then, or did you stop going when we suffered this "mediocrity" that you speak of ? I was neither pro or anti

I have a perspective which tells me what true mediocrity is. Nobody I know who supported the club during the 1970's and 1980's would say that finishing 13th in the top league is "mediocre" in comparison.

On the other hand, I have knowledge and know about the 80's and 70's whereas I'm now thinking that you don't, but you won't be the first person I've came across who said they supported the club during those times that didn't.

I pleased for you that you think finishing 13th is accpetable and your happy that Ashley has bettered this acceptable in his first season in charge.  mackems.gif

I don't agree that 2 positions of 14th and 13th negates all the european qualifications, capacity gates, great players, ground expansion, and growth of the club, no.

The bigger picture is that if you disagree, I hope you are still pleased with the kneejerk badly judged demand for change, and the replacements.

So it was only those two positions?  Here's me thinking that we also had 13th, 13th, 11th and 11th, 4 years running, my mistake.

under souness, Roeder and Allardyce, we finished 14th, 7th, and 13th.  I thought you said you knew about the club  mackems.gif

Please tell everyone how often we finished as high as 7th between 1960 and 1992 ? Or even 14th [our lowest position under the Halls and Shepherd] in those 32 years ?

You would just love to prove me wrong wouldn't you, but you won't correct yourself here, because you can't  mackems.gif

I pleased for you that you think finishing 13th is accpetable and your happy that Ashley has bettered this acceptable in his first season in charge.   mackems.gif

I don't think it is acceptable, and neither did the Halls and Shepherd which is why they changed the manager, and backed him to help him to try and do better. Unlike Ashley, who every year he is here, will be delighted to finish 4th bottom.

bluelaugh.gif

Guest toonlass

I admit I never attended a game in the 70's, as I wasn't born until the 70's, but you need your perspective checked mate. I don't remember the 80's as clearly as you, as I was a child and you were an adult, therefore you will have a different perspective. However you are way off to say I didn't go then. You don't own the rights to be a long term supporter you know!

I pleased for you that you think finishing 13th is accpetable and your happy that Ashley has bettered this acceptable in his first season in charge.   mackems.gif

I don't think it is acceptable, and neither did the Halls and Shepherd which is why they changed the manager, and backed him to help him to try and do better. Unlike Ashley, who every year he is here, will be delighted to finish 4th bottom.

bluelaugh.gif

Are you saying your happy Hall and Shepherd nearly ran the club into the ground and amassed huge debt?  mackems.gif

I admit I never attended a game in the 70's, as I wasn't born until the 70's, but you need your perspective checked mate. I don't remember the 80's as clearly as you, as I was a child and you were an adult, therefore you will have a different perspective. However you are way off to say I didn't go then. You don't own the rights to be a long term supporter you know!

I've no problem with that, so why did you give the impression you were older ?

Guest toonlass

How the hell am I supposed to explain why you perceived me to be older?  :idiot2:

How the hell am I supposed to explain why you perceived me to be older?  :idiot2:

you implied you knew all about the 1970's ?

Where do you sit then ? There are a few ladies sitting nearby to where I do  :coolsmiley:

Guest toonlass

you implied you knew all about the 1970's ?

Where do you sit then ? There are a few ladies sitting nearby to where I do  :coolsmiley:

I did no such thing, I just said I remembered times before Hall and Shepherd.

Doiubtless you two clowns are just full of bright ideas about where to get more money for players etc.

Let's hear 'em, then.

qualifying for the Champions League ?

Do you honestly think Shepherd was going to get us back into the Champions League? :lol:

In 2001 do you regret the fact we didn't:

• Cut back on signings and not brought in Bellamy & Robert
  • Sell the likes of Dyer for a good profit
  • Let injury prone Shearer's contract run down so he could leave on a free and we could get his high wages off the bill (after all, we had a ready made replacement coming through from the youth team).
  • Get someone like Vinnie Jones in to buy and sell players over Robson's head.
  • If it pissed off Robson and he left, should we have replaced him with someone like Dave Basset.

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No.

5. No.

PS. The year is 2009.

Doiubtless you two clowns are just full of bright ideas about where to get more money for players etc.

Let's hear 'em, then.

Do you honestly think Shepherd was going to get us back into the Champions League? :lol:

• Let injury prone Shearer's contract run down so he could leave on a free and we could get his high wages off the bill (after all, we had a ready made replacement coming through from the youth team).
  • If it pissed off Robson and he left, should we have replaced him with someone like Dave Basset.

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No.

5. No.

PS. The year is 2009.

Then you're a hypocrite for praising Mike Ashley for performing those equivalent actions by choice, not necessity, now.

I applaud you for finally having the courage to admit it.  :clap:

Let's hear 'em, then.

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No.

5. No.

PS. The year is 2009.

Then you're a hypocrite for praising Mike Ashley for performing those equivalent actions by choice, not necessity, now.

I applaud you for finally having the courage to admit it.  :clap:

please elaborate on this bit in italic

In no way do I support the NUSC, it seems to me as though the people who join these unions are the people who wander round the stadium looking to get on tv with a 'cockney mafia' banner over and over again.

To me they've not got the best interests of Newcastle at heart, they've got their own motives which is to get some self publicity.

Purely based on current circumstances when everyone needs to pull together to get us out of this mess, why segregate yourself from the group and begin protesting when we're beginning to get some stability back in the club?

He chose to pay off the debt in full rather than pay off some and invest more in the team.

He is choosing to arrest the clubs losses by slashing costs rather than trying to increase profits.

He chooses to pay up front for players rather than spread payments like most other clubs do, thus increasing the losses made by the club in the first years of this changed strategy, and reducing the amount available to spend on incoming players.

You cannot tell me he could not put more money into the club if he wanted to, so he is chosing to gamble on our Premiership status with a small depleted squad, just like he did last year.

He chose to employ the managers and directors he has which have us in the current state.

He chose to put the club up for sale causing unrest and turmoil, and then not accept any of the bids.

Non of this was forced on him. Non of these decisions are down to the previous board or the financial climate. They are all his chosen course of action.

In no way do I support the NUSC, it seems to me as though the people who join these unions are the people who wander round the stadium looking to get on tv with a 'cockney mafia' banner over and over again.

That would account for 3 of them then, if they're even members. What about the rest?

Purely based on current circumstances when everyone needs to pull together to get us out of this mess, why segregate yourself from the group and begin protesting when we're beginning to get some stability back in the club?

Did I fall asleep and miss this bit, or are you basing this on one win against the team at the bottom of the league?

He chose to pay off the debt in full rather than pay off some and invest more in the team.

He is choosing to arrest the clubs losses by slashing costs rather than trying to increase profits.

He chooses to pay up front for players rather than spread payments like most other clubs do, thus increasing the losses made by the club in the first years of this changed strategy, and reducing the amount available to spend on incoming players.

You cannot tell me he could not put more money into the club if he wanted to, so he is chosing to gamble on our Premiership status with a small depleted squad, just like he did last year.

He chose to employ the managers and directors he has which have us in the current state.

He chose to put the club up for sale causing unrest and turmoil, and then not accept any of the bids.

Non of this was forced on him. None of these decisions are down to the previous board or the financial climate. They are all his chosen course of action.

can't agree with the bit in bold to be honest, not fully, but you make some excellent points there and yes things could be being done even at this stage, the bit about paying for players in full is a good one - fine if you have the cash and can buy the players you need when you need them, but no so good in our case apparently

Maybe we should send the results of this poll to them and they might realise that its only the minority that agree with them.

They're suffering from the problem a lot of pressure groups face at the moment.

In the heat of a crisis it seems a brilliant idea, but once the initial hysteria dies down most people are prepared to move on, where they just continue to look more and more desperate.

Maybe we should send the results of this poll to them and they might realise that its only the minority that agree with them.

They're suffering from the problem a lot of pressure groups face at the moment.

In the heat of a crisis it seems a brilliant idea, but once the initial hysteria dies down most people are prepared to move on, where they just continue to look more and more desperate.

I know, I've seen this happen before with political groups.  When the shit hits the fan everyone is thinking  "crap we've got to do something about this", then most realise there's sod all they can do other than support whoever is trying to fix the mess.

At least one of the major loans had a condition where it had to be repaid should the club change hands.  He didn't choose to repay the loans, in some cases he was forced to.

No doubt you'll twist this to prove that it was Ashley's fault for not doing due process.

How the hell can he increase profits if the club is making a loss?

Possibly because we still had payments to make on Emre & Luque 2 years after they left the club. 

Other than the £30million he's put in to keep the club running?

He placed his business in the hands of people he knows and trusts.  That Bastard!

I agree that putting the club up for sale was a huge mistake, but who in their right mind would accept an offer for the club that was significantly less than what he paid for it & subsequently invested in it?

Non of this was forced on him. Non of these decisions are down to the previous board or the financial climate. They are all his chosen course of action.

I don't especially like Ashley, this season has been handled appallingly by everyone involved but he's not some pantomime villain sat in his mansion figuring out how to screw the club over this week.

Different times, different circumstances. Though if you have me pegged as someone who applauds every move Ashley makes just because I can see that Shepherd fucked things up, then you're as dumb as your pal NE5.

You cannot tell me he could not put more money into the club if he wanted to

Can't I? I've posted elsewhere that I think it likely this is the case.

What a bastard, eh? Did what the most vocal section of supporters seemed to want, but was just too damn mean to give away tens of millions of pounds.

Would have been better, though, I agree, if he'd ignored those supporters, not tried to sell, and appointed a better manager to replace the one who'd just chickened out.

That would account for 3 of them then, if they're even members. What about the rest?

Did I fall asleep and miss this bit, or are you basing this on one win against the team at the bottom of the league?

I wasn't referring to those 3 individually, i'm referring to all the protestors as a collective, to me the whole thing just smacks of chavs turning up to be on sky, how often do you see anyone at these protests who are either over 25 or dont have their tracksuits tucked into their socks.

As for the stability, i wasn't referring to the team, I'm referring to actually having some management in place at the club instead working towards selling up they're working towards running the club now.

Ashley might not be everyone's cup of tea but I believe in him and that he'll turn things around.

At least one of the major loans had a condition where it had to be repaid should the club change hands.  He didn't choose to repay the loans, in some cases he was forced to.

No doubt you'll twist this to prove that it was Ashley's fault for not doing due process.

How the hell can he increase profits if the club is making a loss?

Possibly because we still had payments to make on Emre & Luque 2 years after they left the club. 

Other than the £30million he's put in to keep the club running?

He placed his business in the hands of people he knows and trusts.  That Bastard!

I agree that putting the club up for sale was a huge mistake, but who in their right mind would accept an offer for the club that was significantly less than what he paid for it & subsequently invested in it?

I don't especially like Ashley, this season has been handled appallingly by everyone involved but he's not some pantomime villain sat in his mansion figuring out how to screw the club over this week.

There are other banks you know. Other clubs seem to manage to take out loans. If Ashley's cashflow is what is stopping spending (I doubt it tbh) then I'm sure the 17th richest club in the world could manage to take out a £20, 30, 50m loan.

You increase profits by selling out the ground and corporate boxes (by having a better team and winning more games)

You increase profits by having cup runs (by having a better team and winning more games)

You increase profits by qualifying for Europe (by having a better team and winning more games)

You increase profits by selling merchandise to people who want to be associated with a good team (by having a better team and winning more games)

You do not increase profits by running down the squad and hence performing poorly on the field, decreasing income from all sources.

Jobs for mates rather than qualified people is not my idea of how to run a successful business, and it certainly doesn't seem to be working out for Mike.

If I tried to sell my house for what it was worth 2 years ago, I wouldn't get it. Does that mean I couldn't sell my house? No. If Hall & Shepherd had still owned the club it would have cost any buyer less now than when Ashley bought it. He took a gamble on the price of clubs going up and he lost out in the short term. If he really wanted to sell he had to accept a loss. Sorry, but that's just how it is. If he didn't attempt to sell it for less than he paid, then he didn't realistically try to sell it at all.

I don't think the situation of the club is down to Ashley being malicious, however it was always going to be highly likely given the incompetence and mismanagement of him and his employees.