Spain vs England

Dave

English media who think Fabregas should play ahead of players who play week in week out for Barca, dont rate Villa, when he is just as good if not better than Torres. England were tottally our classed by a far superior team, and style of play.

The best out and out striker in the world is David Villa.

He has everything: clnical finishing, good pace, great skills, intelligence, technique, selfnessness, flair, fantastic vision, passing, strength, good shooting and for a small guy he can header, plus he can take brilliant set pieces. Very under-rated imo as he's been consistently scoring tons of goals for the last 5 seasons, there is only one better player in the world and that is Messi.

Nail head

If Villa went to Real they may actually challenge barca, but I dont think he would. Villa for TOOOON

Just checked 17 goals in 20 games in la liga....

English media who think Fabregas should play ahead of players who play week in week out for Barca, dont rate Villa, when he is just as good if not better than Torres. England were tottally our classed by a far superior team, and style of play.

The best out and out striker in the world is David Villa.

He has everything: clnical finishing, good pace, great skills, intelligence, technique, selfnessness, flair, fantastic vision, passing, strength, good shooting and for a small guy he can header, plus he can take brilliant set pieces. Very under-rated imo as he's been consistently scoring tons of goals for the last 5 seasons, there is only one better player in the world and that is Messi.

Nail head

If Villa went to Real they may actually challenge barca, but I dont think he would. Villa for TOOOON

Just checked 17 goals in 20 games in la liga....

Imagine if he went to Barcelona. Villa, Messi, Eto'o, Iniesta, Xavi all in the same team. Stuff of dreams.

I thought Jagielka was good until that half hearted tackle gave Villa the chance to regain the ball and shoot. JT looked slow and didn't react quick enough throughout the game.

Don't think they were told that Fernando Llorente is probably the best forward to head the ball on set pieces, who was meant to be marking him anyway? Nobody was near him...

It is actually a pleasure to watch Spain's talented midfield midgets run a game like that, it kind of made up for us getting beat. At least it was by the best team in the world..

Guest quklaani

The fact that all the spaniards are midfielders and those two aren't (they play in midfield as much as Rooney does tbh) might be part of it.

i was really impressed with spain's midfield like, Senna, Alonso, Iniesta, Xavi, all centre midfielders (most of the time) for their clubs playing as an effective midfield quartet and we can't even seem to get lampard and gerrard to play well in the same team

Fluidity, much like Man United's forward 3 or 4 when they play.

For all their quality going forward, I didn't think they were unbeatable. We did create some chances against them, and that was without our best players (ie Gerrard and Rooney) I hate to agree with Sam A, but there you are.

Note - I'm not saying we're as good as them. Just that we can beat them.

I thought Jagielka was good until that half hearted tackle gave Villa the chance to regain the ball and shoot. JT looked slow and didn't react quick enough throughout the game.

Don't think they were told that Fernando Llorente is probably the best forward to head the ball on set pieces, who was meant to be marking him anyway? Nobody was near him...

It is actually a pleasure to watch Spain's talented midfield midgets run a game like that, it kind of made up for us getting beat. At least it was by the best team in the world..

Jags made 3 great last ditch blocks-  2 on Torres and 1 on Villa.

Ok, he messed up for the goal but if any of the England midfield actually wanted the ball and gave him an option then it wouldn't have happened in the first place. He is limited with his passing/technique but it's not a problem playing for us because the likes of Arteta will drop back, take it off him and start a move.

I lost count of the amount of times the whole backline was passing it between themselves before being forced to hoof it. England's midfield was totally outclassed.

Jags made 3 great last ditch blocks-  2 on Torres and 1 on Villa.

Ok, he messed up for the goal but if any of the England midfield actually wanted the ball and gave him an option then it wouldn't have happened in the first place. He is limited with his passing/technique but it's not a problem playing for us because the likes of Arteta will drop back, take it off him and start a move.

I lost count of the amount of times the whole backline was passing it between themselves before being forced to hoof it. England's midfield was totally outclassed.

They were, but they were up against the best midfield in the world.