Priced out of the game

Guest black n white
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

I didn't know just how expensive it was till I went to the Bolton game on the opening day with my Brother. After we'd shelled out almost 50 quid on tickets. Then another 6-8 quid on the programme for him, a bottle of fanta and a burger.

Now when you factor in the 6 quid on bus and 6 quid ish on a train tickets, then pre match drinks with some mates its a bloody expensive day out. I mean my brother paid more for a ticket to Bolton than I would for a ticket at Bremen or Valencia.

Guest toonlass

I didn't know just how expensive it was till I went to the Bolton game on the opening day with my Brother. After we'd shelled out almost 50 quid on tickets. Then another 6-8 quid on the programme for him, a bottle of fanta and a burger.

Now when you factor in the 6 quid on bus and 6 quid ish on a train tickets, then pre match drinks with some mates its a bloody expensive day out. I mean my brother paid more for a ticket to Bolton than I would for a ticket at Bremen or Valencia.

You get paid to watch the match though don't you? Well the ones you work anyway.

Guest black n white

It's not that hard. If you're not going to try, I won't tell you my answer.

Your right not hard at all but trying has nothing to do with it, as for your answer its obviously no.

How did you manage to spend £8 on a £3 programme?

Guest black n white

Not at all, spend money that other people spend on clubbing/cinema/meals out on Newcastle.

I would love to spend other peoples money but get your drift, I'll be honest listening to bobby moncur  on century gives me the mosy enjoyment on match day i would say for the last 2 years and that is simply because he understands what football is about, for me to pay to watch that underperforming/overpaid bunch of so called footballer's makes me think otherwise.

If season tickets were £200 how big a stadium would we need?

Guest Heneage

Read again, bottle of Fanta and a Burger on top of that.

Personally i dont know how half the fans afford season tickets, they must give up on a lot to do it.

But of course its all relative, a lot of season ticket holders will expect most of their salary to go on football tickets, whereas i want mine spent on 4 holidays a year, euro sat system to watch every match live plus other things.

No way would i spend £100 a month on watching the toon. (based on £50+ per home game)

They're robbing bastards those programme sellers. Twice I've had one try to short change me.

But to get short changed by a fiver is admittedly impressive! :lol:

Guest black n white

You get paid to watch the match though don't you? Well the ones you work anyway.

Whats going on here, free tickets ....people getting paid to watch nufc....i want retrained as a top level banker or steward.......either will do.

A season ticket must cost £1500/£2000+ including travel, pints, pies, programs etc...

Still much cheaper than Major League Baseball here.  My ex-girlfriend's dad had four season tickets to the Cardinals and in total is cost about 8k a year for just the seats.  Although granted you get to go to about 80 some odd games.

Guest Heneage

Aye, but my brother had never been to a proper game before, only friendlies and Lillestrom, so I said I'd take him as someone off here had 2 on the go. Normally I pocket 28-35 a game so its alright.

A season ticket must cost £1500/£2000+ including travel, pints, pies, programs etc...

Try living in within spitting distance of the Emirates and having your season ticket and trying to get to only half of the home games - its a lot more! At least its close to the annual 3 points from Spurs

Guest black n white

If you dont mind......how much in total and is there a point/price which would make you reconsider

realise this obviously has to do with peoples income

can anyone add the poll please!

It's not that hard. If you're not going to try, I won't tell you my answer.

Your right not hard at all but trying has nothing to do with it, as for your answer its obviously no.

I meant making a poll :lol:

Newcastle fans have only themselves to blame for the price of tickets. Remember the snobby view we used to take with Sunderland helping fans get tickets with great deals while we all laughed our cocks off & said look I am paying double what you are.

Obvious one this, of course we're being priced out of the game. Football used to about the fans, now it's all about the money, ran like a cash cow. The fans, they're at the back of everyone's mind.

It's getting to the stage where the working man doesn't want to pay a hundred quid for a day out to go and see wankers like David Bentley lunge around on a football field, it's ridiculous.

Guest Heneage

If you dont mind......how much in total and is there a point/price which would make you reconsider

realise this obviously has to do with peoples income

can anyone add the poll please!

Well I mean I wouldn't say a set price, but maybe work it accordingly better, £30 to watch Bolton? They sat with 11 behind the ball all game. Maybe more offers. But its about getting the league to change as a whole, when compared to Europe we get stiffed big style.

Obvious one this, of course we're being priced out of the game. Football used to about the fans, now it's all about the money, ran like a cash cow. The fans, they're at the back of everyone's mind.

It's getting to the stage where the working man doesn't want to pay a hundred quid for a day out to go and see wankers like David Bentley lunge around on a football field, it's ridiculous.

Agree entirely, except we're not "getting to the stage", we've been at it for about 4 years