St James' Park Stadium Tour - Any Good?

Guest johnson293

Well, went on this today, and took my 5 year old son with me - was a canny tour, and ran for almost two hours.

Tour takes in the directors box, then up into and outside the executive boxes, then up to level 7. On the way they show you the function and hospitality areas, one of which is like a gallery of all the past No.9's from Gallacher through to Shearer. The guide talks about each one.

Then its back down and over through the players entrance, into the home and away dressing rooms. There were shirts on pegs, but not actual match shirts, just named/numbered ones. Then we went down the tunnel to the pitchside, and around the dugouts - then it was back, and into the media suite where the tour ended.

We were told to, and able to take as many photos as we wanted, and the tour guide was a canny bloke - Pretty well informed.

The tour didn't go to the trophy room (if it still exists) or the club museum (again, not sure if this is still there)

However, it was a decent morning out for the little un, and has hopefully whetted his appetite for going to see a match there.

We had vouchers that I got for Christmas, but the cost is £10/adult and £7/child.

Certainly worth a visit for anyone who hasn't been/thinking of going.

Seems weird, unless Michael Ashley has been flogging our trophys on ebay to balance the books.

Guest michaelfoster

Seems weird, unless Michael Ashley has been flogging our trophys on ebay to balance the books.

Probably took him all of 2 mins if he did.

I did the Camp Nou stadium tour & I thought it was pretty good, took loads of pictures & you went round at your own pace

Done it and enjoyed it but you have to try the San Siro tour. Amazing place.

Yeah, it's immense. Dressing rooms n shizz was a bit dull and basic, but being at pitchside - awesome.

Oh, i thought they were the best part, i went in 2005 and the changing rooms were very modern and had them racing seats for the players . Had wide-screen TVs and everything . I didn't see the away dressing room though as they basically said you don't want too as it is s***.

Just before Christmas I had to go to a meeting in Aberdeen - and they held it at AFC's ground - we went in the wrong door and instead of sending us round to the correct entrance this lass took us right through the stadium - directors are (deep deep carpet), management area (carpet stolen from  a hospital), players area - really grim

We had to go right through the physio area - aaall these lads being worked on and us in our suits and briefcases - mental!

did a stadium tour in March last year, had Pedro as our 'tour guide' - basically told a load of funny stories from the Keegan years (part 2). weren't allowed near the showers as they're apparently motion-sensored..?!?!

Guest Dirk Diggler

Did this tour last year on the day of the derby. Would reccomend anyone doing it to go on a match day as it really adds to the day and you could feel the buzz as you were going round. When we went in the dressing rooms, shirts and the players boots (several for each player) were laid out.

Walking out of the tunnel was immense.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6569/0001939wu5.jpg