Llambias - Gone?

Thespence

Mike Ashley ups his spending at Newcastle

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article5804457.ece

Llambias believes the club's new strategy can return them to the top four positions in the Barclays Premier League. Why not? he said. We want to be solid competitors at the top. That's the way we're going. We aim to be knocking on the door again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

£10M budget and Joe Kinnear in charge.

Arsenal and Villa must be shitting thaself.

Isn't the £10 million what he's prepared to put in?

Not sure how many other clubs owners are prepared to stick their hand in their pocket to finance their clubs.

He is loaning newcastle the money ain't he, with zero interest?  alternatively there is always the possibility that he has no other choice.

"While the club made a profit of £8million during the transfer window, Ashley has insisted that all incoming signings are paid for up front. The norm in football is for clubs to make and receive staged payments for players"

The clearest sign for me that he still wants to sell.

He is looking for ongoing transparency in the accounts so as not to put off buyers. Something he has learnt from personal experience.

The best case scenario is that he expects a buyer to be found in the summer once Premiership status has been assured hopefully. If there is still no one willing to put the money down and take over the club then Ashley' s way is the only way like it or lump it.

So the only communication you want is Llambias saying, "yes, the fans are right, I'm shit at my job and Mike Ashley is a cunt".

Think you might be waiting a while for that.

Are you suggesting his statement could have been "wibble" and we'd have to fall in line because he's actually learned to speak.

Think it through sonna.

Communication is a good thing.

Previously we assumed they were fucking us over because they said nowt as we slid into obscurity.

Now we know they're fucking us over because they've spouted complete bollocks, without any indication of what they plan to do to halt the downward spiral.

It's a positive that we now have it confirmed they weren't just playing their cards close to their chest, and they actually have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article5804457.ece

Llambias believes the club's new strategy can return them to the top four positions in the Barclays Premier League. “Why not?” he said. “We want to be solid competitors at the top. That's the way we're going. We aim to be knocking on the door again.

Not sure how many other clubs owners are prepared to stick their hand in their pocket to finance their clubs.

He is loaning newcastle the money ain't he, with zero interest?  alternatively there is always the possibility that he has no other choice.

"While the club made a profit of £8million during the transfer window, Ashley has insisted that all incoming signings are paid for up front. The norm in football is for clubs to make and receive staged payments for players"

He is looking for ongoing transparency in the accounts so as not to put off buyers. Something he has learnt from personal experience.

The best case scenario is that he expects a buyer to be found in the summer once Premiership status has been assured hopefully. If there is still no one willing to put the money down and take over the club then Ashley' s way is the only way like it or complain bitterly about it.

FYP

Llambias believes the club's new strategy can return them to the top four positions in the Barclays Premier League. Why not? he said. We want to be solid competitors at the top. That's the way we're going. We aim to be knocking on the door again.

The best case scenario is that he expects a buyer to be found in the summer once Premiership status has been assured hopefully. If there is still no one willing to put the money down and take over the club then Ashley' s way is the only way like it or complain bitterly about it while paying £10 per head for the privelege.

FYP

FYP

Llambias believes the club's new strategy can return them to the top four positions in the Barclays Premier League. “Why not?” he said. “We want to be solid competitors at the top. That's the way we're going. We aim to be knocking on the door again.

The best case scenario is that he expects a buyer to be found in the summer once Premiership status has been assured hopefully. If there is still no one willing to put the money down and take over the club then Ashley' s way is the only way.  As a fan you have many many options, ranging from strongly supporting him to strongly opposing him or just remaining silent in between.  Completely outside of how you feel about his ownership you could join the NUSC for £10.  They have a strong anti_Ashley sentiment running through the membership, but they aim to be about much more than one issue.  Other organisations are available, but it's £30 to "become the 12th man" with a club membership.  Of course, this has limited benefits now that there are no sell out games.

FYP

FYP

FYP

"Newcastle's accounting methods ensure that they effectively own their assets in their entirety. Aside from making the club more attractive to potential buyers, the benefits are not immediately apparent."

That hasn't got anything to do with what I've said.

It says he's prepared to put £10 million of his own money in, how many other club owners put their own money into the club to buy players or for running costs?

Also, how does paying for the players up front make the club more attractive to potential buyers? You just have to pay Ashley an extra £10 million up front for what he's spent rather than in staggered payments to the club you've bought the player from.

"Newcastle's accounting methods ensure that they effectively own their assets in their entirety. Aside from making the club more attractive to potential buyers, the benefits are not immediately apparent."

It says he's prepared to put £10 million of his own money in, how many other club owners put their own money into the club to buy players or for running costs?

Also, how does paying for the players up front make the club more attractive to potential buyers? You just have to pay Ashley an extra £10 million up front for what he's spent rather than in staggered payments to the club you've bought the player from.

It's got everything to do with it.  Ashley is the only one funding the club from his own pocket because he's the only one that refuses to borrow against his asset.  Doing so would reduce his profit when he comes to sell as he still intends to do asap.

Every other club borrows against future guaranteed future earnings to try (at the very least) and retain their premier league position.

It's got everything to do with it.  Ashley is the only one funding the club from his own pocket because he's the only one that refuses to borrow against his asset.  Doing so would reduce his profit when he comes to sell as he still intends to do asap.

Every other club borrows against future guaranteed future earnings to try (at the very least) and retain their premier league position.

You're talking rubbish.

It says Ashley is prepared to put £10 million of his own money in to go with whatever the club makes, other clubs may borrow against potential future earning but how many of them are prepared to finance the clubs running costs or to sign players like Ashley has done since he's been here to go with current earnings?

You didn't tell me how someone wanting to buy the club would be so much better off giving Ashley an extra £10 million to cover the cost of players he's paid for up front rather than pay £10 million less for the club and make the staggered interest free payments.

So the only communication you want is Llambias saying, "yes, the fans are right, I'm shit at my job and Mike Ashley is a cunt".

Are you suggesting his statement could have been "wibble" and we'd have to fall in line because he's actually learned to speak.

Think it through sonna.

Previously we assumed they were fucking us over because they said nowt as we slid into obscurity.

Now we know they're fucking us over because they've spouted complete bollocks, without any indication of what they plan to do to halt the downward spiral.

It's a positive that we now have it confirmed they weren't just playing their cards close to their chest, and they actually have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

My point was that they can't win either way, and I think your reaction to almost every statement so far suggests I'm right!

Think it through sonna.

My point was that they can't win either way, and I think your reaction to almost every statement so far suggests I'm right!

They can't win because they're talking unmitigated shite. We know they're taking us for fools, just because Disco Dekka is all smoke and mirrors about it doesn't mean we should pipe him off.

You're talking rubbish.

It says Ashley is prepared to put £10 million of his own money in to go with whatever the club makes, other clubs may borrow against potential future earning but how many of them are prepared to finance the clubs running costs or to sign players like Ashley has done since he's been here to go with current earnings?

You didn't tell me how someone wanting to buy the club would be so much better off giving Ashley an extra £10 million to cover the cost of players he's paid for up front rather than pay £10 million less for the club and make the staggered interest free payments.

They'd be better off because once you're relegated the players value is halved but the debt remains at £10M.

Keep up son.

Think it through sonna.

There aren't only 2 ways.

One way they could impress me?

"We now recognise that Wise, Vetere and Kinnear have no calibre whatsoever when it comes to recruiting, training, or improving players at any stage in their career and will be installing a new management team with a proven track record."

That would be a start.

You're talking rubbish.

They'd be better off because once you're relegated the players value is halved but the debt remains at £10M.

Keep up son.

You haven't got a clue have you? :lol:

First of all the players value won't be halved, also if the club was relegated any debt would be reflected in the price the club was sold for whether it was owed to Ashley or to whatever football club in staggered payments.

You also didn't name the other club owners who are prepared to finance their clubs for running costs and players like Ashley has here, I'll start you off by saying Abramovich, Lerner and Gibson. Anymore you can think of then feel free to add them.

You're talking rubbish.

Keep up son.

First of all the players value won't be halved, also if the club was relegated any debt would be reflected in the price the club was sold for whether it was owed to Ashley or to whatever football club in staggered payments.

You also didn't name the other club owners who are prepared to finance their clubs for running costs and players like Ashley has here, I'll start you off by saying Abramovich, Lerner and Gibson. Anymore you can think of then feel free to add them.

Players values would drop significantly if we went down. That's a fact.

Difference between Abramovich, Gibson, Lerner and Ashley is that the former trio know how to run a football club. They know you need to spend money if you want to have a successful club. Ashley doesn't.

You're talking rubbish.

Keep up son.

Sigh

Luque's value dropped four fifths (a lot more than half).  It boiled the mans piss to still be paying for a shit player who'd already been sold for a fraction of the value.  He knows this isn't appealing to potential buyers.

Are you expecting me to specify exactly how much each players value will drop?  Is that how microscopic your argument has become to try and win a point?  Or will you just admit a lot of players will lose a lot of their value should we go down?

Mike Ashley is not willing to borrow from anywhere else to run the club (so he can retain that selling point) and he either can't afford to or is not willing to to lend the club enough money to be run properly himself so he's scrimping and saving the odd million here and there to put in to try and do it on the cheap and hope we aren't relegated.

If we are relegated, he'll take a loss if he sells....but at least he has his 'no debt' selling point, and he hasn't lost "half" the value of the playing squad he was careful not to invest in.

You're talking rubbish.

Keep up son.

Players values would drop significantly if we went down. That's a fact.

Difference between Abramovich, Gibson, Lerner and Ashley is that the former trio know how to run a football club. They know you need to spend money if you want to have a successful club. Ashley doesn't.

But it wouldn't be halved, just look at the players that have left relegated teams in recent years and not many have gone for that much under value.

That's not really the point anyway because as I've pointed out if the club was relegated then if the money was owed to Ashley or whatever club we bought the player from would be taken into account.

The difference between Gibson, Lerner and Ashley (I haven't included Abramovich because he's in league of his own to these lot) is the state of the clubs that they took over more than anything, the one club lost £50 million in 2 years because it was being ran so poorly, another was a small club that was built up and the other was debt free with a good wage structure in place meaning any money put in could go straight into the first team.

Lerner looked at buying us but was put off by the clubs debts, perhaps he knew that he wasn't as rich as an Abramovich and would have to try and cut costs before being in a position to move us forward.

You're talking rubbish.

Keep up son.

Sigh

Luque's value dropped four fifths (a lot more than half).  It boiled the mans piss to still be paying for a shit player who'd already been sold for a fraction of the value.  He knows this isn't appealing to potential buyers.

Are you expecting me to specify exactly how much each players value will drop?  Is that how microscopic your argument has become to try and win a point?  Or will you just admit a lot of players will lose a lot of their value should we go down?

Mike Ashley is not willing to borrow from anywhere else to run the club (so he can retain that selling point) and he either can't afford to or is not willing to to lend the club enough money to be run properly himself so he's scrimping and saving the odd million here and there to put in to try and do it on the cheap and hope we aren't relegated.

If we are relegated, he'll take a loss if he sells....but at least he has his 'no debt' selling point, and he hasn't lost "half" the value of the playing squad he was careful not to invest in.

It's not really about players value though because as I've said any debts to either the club we bought a player off or to Ashley will be taken into account on the clubs selling price, whether relegated or not.

You've seemed to have jumped onto this relegation part because you don't really know what you're going on about.

You still didn't name the other club owners that are prepared to put their hand in their own pocket to fund the running of the club or player transfers, I've given you Abramovich, Gibson and Lerner, I'll throw in Abu Dhabi too to help you out.

Can you name any others or is Ashley really one of 5 club owners that is prepared to put his own hand in his pocket?

Think it through sonna.

"We now recognise that Wise, Vetere and Kinnear have no calibre whatsoever when it comes to recruiting, training, or improving players at any stage in their career and will be installing a new management team with a proven track record."

That would be a start.

Sigh.

Do you really expect any football club or football club owner to come out and say anything remotely approaching that?

The idea is laughable, you're making yourself into the new NE5 man.

Think it through sonna.

That would be a start.

Sigh.

Do you really expect any football club or football club owner to come out and say anything remotely approaching that?

The idea is laughable, you're making yourself into the new NE5 man.

No I don't.

I don't expect George Bush to apologise for bringing the world to economic armageddon, war-mongering and mixing politics with religion either.

He should though.

But again, that's dreamland.  Just sacking Wise withouth a word and letting Kinnear go on the sick indefinitely would be good enough.

The bit about wanting to pay upfront for players just in case we get relegated. It only makes sense if you dont actually use any numbers and just say 'well the value of the club will fall but at least the value of his non-investments wont fall'.

I mean, just read it back to yourself. You're basically saying he doesnt want to invest in the squad just in case we get relegated. What planet are you on?

Also, just because George Caulkin (a football journalist) doesnt understand the internal machinations of high finance, doesnt mean there isnt a reason for the business to operate in a certain manner.

Hmmm... Other clubs with owners prepared to fund them, lets just run through the league:

ManYoo - Glazer's bought them to profit, led to massive fan revolts, don't even sell out season tickets any more and resorted to advertising games locally to ensure sell out when a matter of years ago they were selling out every game no problem with massive waiting lists. And they are winning EVERYTHING at the minute and still the fans are only marginally satisfied.

Liverpool - see above, but without the winning stuff. Interesting to see that despite their legendary fans, relatively decent side, worldwide appeal and good season they are still rarely selling games out with a capacity almost 10,000 below us. Seems like their fans ain't too happy with their owners either, with multiple protests... http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/attend.html

Chelsea - (formerly) richest club in the world. Owner spunks loads on them

Villa - Lerner has progressively spent more and more, whilst squad depth is low they have spent a hell of a lot on their current first team, definitely funded by owner.

Arsenal - one of the truly self-sustaining teams, thanks mainly to Wenger. Fair play.

Everton - Kenwright essentially trying to give the club away as fans hate him, pretty sure he has lost a fuckload of his own cash pumping into running of the club, can't be sure. Net spend in transfers way higher than ours of recent, although would imagine wage bill incomparable. Another very well managed club, but i still would hazard a guess not self sustaining so relying on Kenwright / board cash.

Wigan - Costing Whelan a fuckload, no support, good transfer turnover but with attendances as they are he is obviously pumping in a load of cash. Must be paying ridiculous wages to keep players there.

Fulham - Al Fayed, spunked loads of cash.

West Ham - owners went bankrupt but were previously spunking loads of cash, have managed to keep all their stars (bar angryman) and get a bright young manager in to run the club.

Man City - fucking minted

Sunderland - we all know how much money Niall and co have pumped in.

Bolton - pretty sure Gartside is funding a lot, transfer dealings nowhere near enough to cover costs.

Hull - reckon they are now overstretching and pumping cash in, wage bill will be high following some of their free / high profile signings, owner will be funding

Tottenham - high attendances, net transfer turnover pretty reasonable, probably surprisingly well run, although wage bill must be caning our old mate at ENIC. Owner will be funding

Portsmouth - Gaydamek funded loads, up shits creek, desperate to sell.

Stoke - reckon they may be around breakeven, no 'superstar' wages or signings.

Blackburn - funded for years by Walker, now still require money as attendances diabolical.

Boro - Gibson spunked loads.

West Brom - going down.

So, out of those i reckon the only 'self sustaining' clubs are ManYoo, Liverpool, Arsenal and possibly Stoke. When i say 'self sustaining' we are all aware of the PIK situation at United and the massive debt at Liverpool and Arsenal so it's not exactly debt free, rather able to meet it's commitments with it's ordinary income, although this could very quickly change should they drop out of Euro competition (maybe not Arse) and attendances drop, then investment would be required.

Of the remainder, owners all put money in to varying degrees, most probably a damn sight more than £10m between them and the rest of the board. None, other than Chelsea and Tottenham, have anything like the revenue prospects that Newcastle has. So to suggest Ashley is in some way massively benevolent relative to the rest or even most of the premier league is total bollocks.