Llambias - Gone?

Thespence

Time for 'Sad Face' or 'Unhappy Face' then, shirley.

I'm still more optimistic than most normal fans.  :laugh2:

Some weirdos on here put me to shame though.  They're either Llambias employees or their devotion to Ashley's relegation-courting style of ownership is a masochistic perversion.

It's a point of view I get a voyeuristic satisfaction from reading. 

Like a pig rolling around in shit.

It is incredibly difficult for things to be worse than they were towards the end of Roeder's time and for the first few months of Keegan's time.

Yet here we are.

28 points from 26 games means we've won 36% of points available.  We're 5 points from relegation.

It's exactly what we were sat on after 26 games last year, but we were 6 points clear of relegation then.  Plus we had Keegan in charge improving us week by week.  Not Kinnear.

After 26 games in 06/07 we had 33 points.  44%.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/nufc-latest-news/2009/02/25/magpies-remain-a-passion-for-ashley-61634-23004131/

I think it's an interesting read and I'll admit it still gives me hope. The statements seem genuine and are definitely plausible.

The reactions to Keegans departure were like the straw that broke the camels back, it was the latest in a long string of disappointments. Some fans will never get over that and reassess their opinions it seems but it's more about their emotional reactions than anything based on reason or fact the way I see it. Ashley is not an Abromovich and was never going to be, personally I'm very happy about that.

When the Halls took over we were in the doldrums, it didn't take very much improvement to appear like a wondrous transformation. Ashley took over a very different club, any future transformations are going to take time and I for one am prepared to wait.

My biggest concern right now is not even who they sign in the next transfer window and which players stay or leave, it's wether Kinnear comes back in as manager or if the club look long term and consider a summer replacement. It should be the latter imo, and it's the single most important decision since - well I can't think of one! Ashley running this club is nowhere near as dangerous as having another Souness, Roeder or Allardyce as manager and he may even prove to be a blessing 5 years from now.

Got to agree wi

It is incredibly difficult for things to be worse than they were towards the end of Roeder's time and for the first few months of Keegan's time.

Yet here we are.

28 points from 26 games means we've won 36% of points available.  We're 5 points from relegation.

It's exactly what we were sat on after 26 games last year, but we were 6 points clear of relegation then.  Plus we had Keegan in charge improving us week by week.  Not Kinnear.

After 26 games in 06/07 we had 33 points.  44%.

got to agree with happy face, i can't think of many recent times worse than this,  terrible points total only 5 points from relegation and a horrendous fixture list,  we as normal are poor away from home and our next 3 home games are Man U, Arsenal and chelsea!! 

We are in a position where we are have to win the 3 home games against Boro, Fulham and pompey to stop up and even then have to nick another win from somewhere.  Oh and do it all without a manager....

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/nufc-latest-news/2009/02/25/magpies-remain-a-passion-for-ashley-61634-23004131/

I think it's an interesting read and I'll admit it still gives me hope. The statements seem genuine and are definitely plausible.

The reactions to Keegans departure were like the straw that broke the camels back, it was the latest in a long string of disappointments. Some fans will never get over that and reassess their opinions it seems but it's more about their emotional reactions than anything based on reason or fact the way I see it. Ashley is not an Abromovich and was never going to be, personally I'm very happy about that.

When the Halls took over we were in the doldrums, it didn't take very much improvement to appear like a wondrous transformation. Ashley took over a very different club, any future transformations are going to take time and I for one am prepared to wait.

My biggest concern right now is not even who they sign in the next transfer window and which players stay or leave, it's wether Kinnear comes back in as manager or if the club look long term and consider a summer replacement. It should be the latter imo, and it's the single most important decision since - well I can't think of one! Ashley running this club is nowhere near as dangerous as having another Souness, Roeder or Allardyce as manager and he may even prove to be a blessing 5 years from now.

How do you work that out?

We're closer to relegation than we've been since '92.

Mike Ashley ups his spending at Newcastle

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article5804457.ece

Llambias believes the club's new strategy can return them to the top four positions in the Barclays Premier League. “Why not?” he said. “We want to be solid competitors at the top. That's the way we're going. We aim to be knocking on the door again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

£10M budget and Joe Kinnear in charge.

Arsenal and Villa must be shitting thaself.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article5804457.ece

Llambias believes the club's new strategy can return them to the top four positions in the Barclays Premier League. “Why not?” he said. “We want to be solid competitors at the top. That's the way we're going. We aim to be knocking on the door again.

Isn't the £10 million what he's prepared to put in?

Not sure how many other clubs owners are prepared to stick their hand in their pocket to finance their clubs.

Not sure how many other clubs owners are prepared to stick their hand in their pocket to finance their clubs.

He is loaning newcastle the money ain't he, with zero interest?  alternatively there is always the possibility that he has no other choice.

He is loaning newcastle the money ain't he, with zero interest?  alternatively there is always the possibility that he has no other choice.

"While the club made a profit of £8million during the transfer window, Ashley has insisted that all incoming signings are paid for up front. The norm in football is for clubs to make and receive staged payments for players"

"Newcastle's accounting methods ensure that they effectively own their assets in their entirety. Aside from making the club more attractive to potential buyers, the benefits are not immediately apparent."

Guest helios_centric

It's just more empty, meaningless propaganda. I genuinely cannot believe that there are Newcastle fans around who trust a word they say.

I'm sick of hearing all this "poor me I have to keep putting my hand in my pocket" bollocks from an alleged billionaire. He harps on about it non-stop like one of those mates who does you a favour and never, ever lets you forget it.

However it does seem that we're now in for regular propaganda bulletins now from Ashley's Lord Haw Haw....joy

It's just more empty, meaningless propaganda. I genuinely cannot believe that there are Newcastle fans around who trust a word they say.

I'm sick of hearing all this "poor me I have to keep putting my hand in my pocket" bollocks from an alleged billionaire. He harps on about it non-stop like one of those mates who does you a favour and never, ever lets you forget it.

However it does seem that we're now in for regular propaganda bulletins now from Ashley's Lord Haw Haw....joy

That's interesting. He was being criticised not long ago for not saying anything.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/26/magpies-ready-to-pay-out-millions-61634-23014033/

NUFC prepared to pay out millions over next few weeks

Feb 26 2009 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

NEWCASTLE United are braced for an expensive double hit on their revenue streams over the next seven days as they close in on settling the Kevin Keegan and Jonás Gutiérrez disputes.

United’s managing director Derek Llambias has revealed that the club expect to shell out “millions of pounds” to settle the Keegan case and pay Real Mallorca for Gutiérrez – two matters that have been hanging over the club since the autumn.

With United effectively operating without commercial revenue at the moment because of the way the Michael Owen deal was structured, that means owner Mike Ashley has had to dip into his own pocket to fund United’s on-going operations, Llambias has revealed.

Speaking at a supporters’ panel meeting at St James’s Park this week, United’s managing director revealed that Ashley made a payment of £10m towards the club’s running costs last week – a lump sum that included the fee for January signing Kevin Nolan.

It is a revealing insight of just how tight the financial parameters remain at St James’s Park – but Llambias insists that club can become competitive in the Premier League again despite the requirement to be more prudent in money matters.

That need will be even more pressing with the club braced for substantial payments to both Real Mallorca for Argentinian winger Gutiérrez and Keegan who, according to reports, is suing the club for breach of contract.

“We are hoping to reach two important settlements in the next week or so which potentially could cost the club a lot of money,” Llambias said.

“One of those is the settlement with Kevin Keegan and the other is the fee for Jonas Gutiérrez. We are talking about millions of pounds here and, if we have to pay out a vast sum of money, that will hit our revenue elsewhere.

“Mike has had to put £10m of his own money into the club this week to facilitate the running of the club – that includes £4.5m for Kevin Nolan as fees for Shay Given and Charles N’Zogbia will not be received until the summer. And he will continue to put his own money in.

“He is willing to put £10-15m of his own money in every year, but the rest of the money, for transfers and so on, has to be generated by the club’s own business activity.

“We don’t have any commercial income at the moment because that was spent to pay for Michael Owen. It was all spent in advance, that’s the money from Northern Rock and adidas. That is

crazy for any football club because we need that income.”

Llambias spoke to fans’ groups on Tuesday, addressing concerns at the direction the Ashley regime is taking the club.

He sought to clarify his statement that United are intent on emulating Aston Villa’s achievement – saying that what he had actually meant was that he wanted to copy the way the Midlanders are attempting to break into the Champions League qualification places.

And Llambias insisted he was unrepentant about predicting the club could be challenging for honours within five years. “When I said we wanted to be like Aston Villa, what I meant was we want to be in a position where we want to challenge for honours and the ‘Big Four’,” he said. “I didn’t mean their business plan, that got twisted.

“We want to build a solid platform which will enable us to replicate what they have done, but it has to be done gradually which is why I said five years.

“We have our own idea how we are going to be where we want to be and it isn’t the same as Villa’s.

“But, in five years time, why shouldn’t we believe Newcastle can be back up challenging at the top of the league?

“This is a massive club and the potential is huge.”

l BLACKBURN boss Sam Allardyce has defended his decision to field a drastically-altered side in the FA Cup ahead of a crucial batch of games in the battle for Barclays Premier League survival.

Allardyce made 11 changes from the side narrowly beaten by Manchester United at the weekend for Tuesday night’s fifth-round replay at Coventry. And he paid the penalty as a Leon Best goal condemned them to a 1-0 defeat and earned the home side a quarter-final meeting with Chelsea.

But the former Newcastle manager said: “If we had beaten Coventry, we would have had a run of Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday games over the next fortnight with the cup game in the middle.

“One group of 11 players cannot start and finish all those games in such a short space of time. Hence you’ve got to play your squad players when the opportunity comes around.”

You're getting nowt out of either the Journal or the Ronny Gill in the way of even handed reporting of the situation as Llambias has got Thompson House wrapped around his finger, much in the same way Anal fawned over Fat Fred.

Guest The Libertine

That's interesting. He was being criticised not long ago for not saying anything.

painfully obvious, isnt it?

"tell us everything ffs! we demand communication!" leads to "well i refuse to believe them. they must be lying"

"While the club made a profit of £8million during the transfer window, Ashley has insisted that all incoming signings are paid for up front. The norm in football is for clubs to make and receive staged payments for players"

The clearest sign for me that he still wants to sell.

He is looking for ongoing transparency in the accounts so as not to put off buyers. Something he has learnt from personal experience.

Ashley said that he wanted to 'have fun' with his money by buying NUFC - any hobby costs you money to 'have fun' - if he was buying a boat, car or anything else, he would have to get his hand in his pocket...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/26/magpies-ready-to-pay-out-millions-61634-23014033/

“Mike has had to put £10m of his own money into the club this week to facilitate the running of the club – that includes £4.5m for Kevin Nolan as fees for Shay Given and Charles N’Zogbia will not be received until the summer.

Newcastle pay upfront for all transfers but don't ask that those who buy off us do the same? I find it hard to understand why Man City couldn't pay in January.

Guest toonlass

“Mike has had to put £10m of his own money into the club this week to facilitate the running of the club – that includes £4.5m for Kevin Nolan as fees for Shay Given and Charles N’Zogbia will not be received until the summer.

Newcastle pay upfront for all transfers but don't ask that those who buy off us do the same? I find it hard to understand why Man City couldn't pay in January.

Totally agree with you. Said much the same thing in the Shay Given thread.

Is the fact that they're going to pay out big compensation for Keegan a tacit admission that Keegan was the one who was in the right and they effectively constructively dismissed him?

Or they pay him off with the protection that he won't be allowed to say anything about it.

It does seem pretty obvious that the club balance sheet comes above everything else including the strength of the first team squad. It's the mirror opposite of Fat Fred's reckless pursuit of glory by mortgaging the future by spending everything up front.

Interesting that we expect to pay out compensation to Keegan seeing as the contract he signed was loaded in the club's favour whereby he had to pay us £2m if he quit. Look's like contracts and signatures don't mean as much as being as good as your word even in this day and age. Fair play to Kev and up yours Ashley and chums if he gets his money.

Aye, like we've been demanding excuses.