The Llambias/BBC interview

Dave

Quotes like this make you wonder why these guys are even here. Why did they even bother buying the club?

It als makes me wonder why won't anyone else buy the club? What is wrong with these people?

I'm going to try and just ignore what comes out of the regime's proverbial mouth from now on I think. I don't trust them, but nor am I someone who wants to write off and ridicule every single statement they make.

They're just words at the end of the day. I'll make my own mind up about things when I see for myself how things are going down, and when I hear from people in the know.

Is Llambias not in the know?

That's not what I meant really. By in the know I meant local fans, people who get to games more than I do, journos and people at the club who are trustworthy, agreeable and tell it to you straight. Etc.

I'm not saying Llambias isn't in the know, I'm just saying I'd rather not get worked up by comments from the regime like some do. Instead I'll focus most of my attention on seeing results, physical changes etc.

Best of luck with that search.

Could be anyone. Staff, anyone.

Whatever the state of the club is in at the minute, the future looks pretty grim with these mugs either way. As far as i see it, there's two ways in which they can salvage us, and ultimately get Newcastle into the glorified 'top 6', or however you want to label it.

1... they pump masses of cash into the squad, spending their way up the league thanks almost entirely to the quality of players in the squad

2... they spend a moderate, yet significant, amount of cash on a quality manager

And as far as i see it, neither of the two are going to happen. Going purely off what i've heard from Llambias since he's broken his vow of silence, neither of those things are going to happen.

Option 1 is near impossible. Mainly down to their own failures: over-spending on certain players (Smith, Barton, Coloccini, Xisco, you name it...), not receiving enough money for players (Given), poorly researched transfer loopholes (Gutierrez) and managerial departures (Allardyce, Keegan). But also down to the economical climate of this country, which they can't be blamed for... we know Ashley's lost a lot of money and we couldn't predict that. It's rubbed off bad on the likes of us because our funding is from a British trainer shop, and not a Persian oil-field.

Option 2 is obviously possible, but for some Godforsaken reason, it doesn't seem to be in the pipeline. As far as i'm concerned, we could spend a moderate amount on a manager in the summer - and barely spend a penny on the squad (providing we held onto one or two key assets) - and consolidate our Premiership status next season, thus giving us grounds to build on. I don't know where the fear to do this is coming from, because it's not as if they'd have to pay Kinnear off.

My amazing input to this thread will be the voicing of my surprise over Llambias' voice. Sounds far less sinister than expected.

Just started listening like, if there's anything meaty I might be back.

My amazing input to this thread will be the voicing of my surprise over Llambias' voice. Sounds far less sinister than expected.

Just started listening like, if there's anything meaty I might be back.

I thought that. :lol:

If Kevin Keegan was the plan, how the fuck does Joe Kinnear follow on from that? :laugh:

Why the pleasant surprise over a manager of a Premiership club who has such a big interest in his team while he's ill? :laugh:

Dear me. Dear, dear me.

I'd like to believe him and I'd like to think it will all be okay, but survival this season is only the beginning of ever turning it around.

Such a joke. Appointing Kinnear can never be justified.

They obviously think it can be justified although I don't know on what grounds.  I fail to see what Kinnear has going for him other than being a yes man and possibly not wanting to walk but that would be more down to nobody else wanting him. :dontknow: