Sunday 1st March Rumours

LoveItIfWeBeatU

It amazing how quickly it goes from "At least he gets good money for players" to "They are fucking useless, fucked up all our transfer negotiations" :lol:

I think they've done fantastic is most of the outgoing deals barring the Shay one so I can't fault them on that.

I think they've done fantastic is most of the outgoing deals barring the Shay one so I can't fault them on that.

Some people just look for reasons to have a go at them, some people like yourself don't.

Another good point FFS makes about the Ashley regime is their highly incompetent negotiation skills. They really are very poor.

must i list all the good/great deals we've done to disprove this point?

Yes please.

Don't forget to mention the negotiations where we screwed up badly and ended up not getting the players we desperately needed to strengthen the squad..

milner - 12

dyer - 6 or 7

parker - 7

luque - anything

rozenhal - 3

emre - 4

faye - 2.25

n'zog - 6

all good/great deals imo as the players either wanted out or were not good enough. i cant say much about the "incoming" deals as i dont know enough about why each failed deal wasnt completed but im happy enough with the players we did buy so far (xisco tbc).

Except Milner and Faye I would say they were all at around market value; Milner being a positive exception, Faye a negative. Nothing to particularly shout about, but also not worthy of complaint.

They'd get much more credit for the fees they've negotiated if re-investment was being made in the first team.

I completely agree, its just crazy how one deal can completely change some peoples opinions on things.

Its like when they go from a 3 to a 9 on the relegation thing because we get a draw against a team we should beat.

Guest Stephen927

Fair point, it is an utter joke negotiating a deal with the worlds richest club that doesn't see us getting any money for our best keeper until the summer.

Even if we didn't plan on spending that back on the squad in the same month, it should still have been up front and for a far greater fee then £5.9m.

Fair point, it is an utter joke negotiating a deal with the worlds richest club that doesn't see us getting any money for our best keeper until the summer.

Even if we didn't plan on spending that back on the squad in the same month, it should still have been up front and for a far greater fee then £5.9m.

I agree with this aswell, I stuck up for them when the fee was just speculated but £5.9m is a fucking joke considering the buying club and the quality of the player. My hope is that Krul will turn out as good as he is hyped and this has in effect saved us from losing a top class keeper.

Always got to keep positive :lol:

Guest johnson293

Think of a 10 letter word beginning with "R" and ending in "N"

Ragamuffin?

Not sure how that helps though?!

Guest Heneage

I think its funny Butt is making out like we are gutted to see Michael Owen go and that little Mickey is doing us a favour.