U23s & Academy

Skirge

No Vuckic in the Reserve squad for tonight. You'd think that would mean he'll make the bench again on Sunday.

I hope so or is he away on international duty ?

.com:

There's no sign of Haris Vuckic, presumably a precaution ahead of Sunday's first team game, given that Nile Ranger is off with England and there are fitness question marks over both Andy Carroll and Peter Lovenkrands (plus we can't find any Slovenian callup for Vuckic).

Cool, funny how we have lots of CM options but they worry about keeping Vucick fit yet Lua Lua plays tonight and we are down 1 winger with Jonas out.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Soderberg, Johnson, Newton, Tavernier, Dummett, Folan, Lough, Tozer, McDermott, McLaughlin, Adjei, Airey, Ameobi, Baheng, Danquah, LuaLua.

Who?

EDIT: Aaah, Max Johnson, was trying to think of Outfield players!

No Vuckic in the Reserve squad for tonight. You'd think that would mean he'll make the bench again on Sunday.

He's in Barcelona finalizing pre-contract negotiations. :lol:

All a clever ploy to get us sued and transfer-banned.  :frantic:

.com:

There's no sign of Haris Vuckic, presumably a precaution ahead of Sunday's first team game, given that Nile Ranger is off with England and there are fitness question marks over both Andy Carroll and Peter Lovenkrands (plus we can't find any Slovenian callup for Vuckic).

Cool, funny how we have lots of CM options but they worry about keeping Vucick fit yet Lua Lua plays tonight and we are down 1 winger with Jonas out.

Vuckic can play as a second striker.

.com:

Vuckic can play as a second striker.

You mean the Nolan role?

I've got band practice after this like, need to take a guitar along to game. You reckon there would be any trouble with that?

I doubt it, but I dont want to look like an daft being turned away.

Ring and ask man, you never know its only a reserve game

I've got band practice after this like, need to take a guitar along to game. You reckon there would be any trouble with that?

I doubt it, but I dont want to look like an daft being turned away.

Ring and ask man, you never know its only a reserve game

Just rang them but they're closed. I'm in two minds like. Shit.

NUFC: Ole Soderberg, James Tavernier, Ben Tozer, Darren Lough, Paul Dummett, Samuel Adjei, Patrick McLaughlin, Greg McDermottm Kazenga LuaLua, Wesley Ngo Baheng

Subs: Phil Airey, Sammy Ameobi, Stephen Folan, Conor Newton, Michael McCrudden

BCFC: Jon McLaughlin, Jonathan Bateson, Louis Horne, Luke Sharry, Phil Cutler, Matthew Clarke, Clive Moyo-Modise, Alex Flett, Rory Boudling, Tomi Amoebi, Leon Osborne

Subs: Ryan Harrison, Matthew Convey, Nathan Clarke, Ben Hudson, Ben Green

Updates here

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1791352,00.html

NUFC: Ole Soderberg, James Tavernier, Ben Tozer, Darren Lough, Paul Dummett, Samuel Adjei, Patrick McLaughlin, Greg McDermottm Kazenga LuaLua, Wesley Ngo Baheng

We'll never win with ten men ha ha!

We'll never win with ten men ha ha!

Frankie "do you remember me" Danquah is missing from the lineup.

9min - NEWCASTLE GOAL (1-0): Tavernier, receiving a pass from Airey on the Milburn Stand touchline, cuts infield from the right before delivering a crisp pass into the feet of WESLEY NGO BAHENG inside the area. The French forward wriggles free of his marker before squeezing a left-footed shot between McLaughlin and his near post to hand the hosts the advantage.

In the current cliamate a young frenchie scoring is not what was needed.

Just got back,  game was very poor,  probably the worst i've seen us play in over a year,  granted half the line up of the usual reserve line up was missing.   Lua Lua showed flashes of brilliance with some excellent dribbles but went missing for periods when he should really be running then game from the first minute.   Team got better in the 2nd half and weren't really troubled.

Soderberg was decent made a couple of good saves early on.   Tavernier was excellent but should've scored, he bombs forward but for some reason falls to bits when he gets in the box!  put a good ball through for Bahengs goal.    Baheng played ok as the lone striker but was often isolated and missed a sitter of a header from a peach of a cross from Lua.

The bad news was Danquah and Adjei were garbage and Tozer was very poor. It is alarming how bad Tozer is playing,  i know he suffered a bad knee injury but he's gone backwards at an alarming rate and seems to have lost a yard of pace.   As two blokes (regulars who go home & away watching the reserves) said behind me,  at this rate he isn't going to have a place in this team nevermind getting into the first team!!

He came back for the last  4 or 5 games of last season after getting injured around this time last year.  He obviously looked a bit rusty in them games but was poor in the pre season games and wasn't too clever tonight.