U23s & Academy

Skirge

but Pattison was bloody crap for us, really really poor. Troisi can't be much worse, especially when you consider what has happened to their careers since - Troisi is playing well in the Turkish first division and Pattison couldn't get a game at Norwich and has f***ed off to South Africa for some tinpot side.

Thats about it cant be much worse. Not everyone gets a chance. I liked a kid called Guy Bates he never got chance. We can all talk in hindsight. No PL or FL clubs seemed to offer JT a deal, thats life.

Got to agree with Spence when it comes to Triosi & Pattison,  triosi was never going to be a premiership footballer and while coming through the ranks Pattison was the better player,  although Matty didn't really cut it in the first team, at the time he got into the first team it was on the back of some very good form in the reserve side, although that was in his favoured central midfield position whereas is appearances for the first team were mostly on the left wing.

There's a bit about Vuckic in this months FourFourTwo

What's he saying?

Not much really, the magazine and coaches big him up and he is obviously disappointed go be injured but has enjoyed his Newcastle career so far

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Toon 1 - 1 Huddersfield

(Spear)

----------------Robinson------------------

Tavenier--Taylor--Grieves--Dummett

---------------McDermott-----------------

-----------Page----L.Henderson--------

Adjei------------------------------Spear

---------------McGorrigan---------------

Subs: Johnson, Folan, Mogwo, Williams, Hoganson

We scored after 5 minutes with Aaron Spear tapping in a low cross, which set up a very dominating 1st half until Ben Robinson shouted for a ball he was never going to win, failed to collect it allowing the Huddersfield striker to slot it home into an empty net. That's the third game in a row that Robinson has conceded a similar type of goal, and its starting to show across the young defense as a lack of trust is starting to set in.

Not much to note really, a part from Sammy Adjei having a pretty good first half, lots of running some skillful touches and link up play with Tav. Aaron Spear played some great balls, but sometimes over did missing easier options. James Taylor came close to scoring several times from corners, however its still a mystery to me how the ref failed to spot the pushes in the back each time.

Young Michael Hoganson came on for about 30 minutes and looked lively, a bit of pace and seemed to read the game well.

In other news the U-16's destroyed the Huddersfield U-16's 6-1, or something to that affect - the young Huddersfield lads I asked had lost track of the score. Haris Vuckic, friend and Father stood and watched the 1st half too before leaving. Vuckic was walking without any crutches so hopefully his healing is coming along nicely!

Toon 1 - 1 Huddersfield

(Spear)

----------------Robinson------------------

Tavenier--Taylor--Grieves--Dummett

---------------McDermott-----------------

-----------Page----L.Henderson--------

Adjei------------------------------Spear

---------------McGorrigan---------------

Subs: Johnson, Folan, Mogwo, Williams, Hoganson

We scored after 5 minutes with Aaron Spear tapping in a low cross, which set up a very dominating 1st half until Ben Robinson shouted for a ball he was never going to win, failed to collect it allowing the Huddersfield striker to slot it home into an empty net. That's the third game in a row that Robinson has conceded a similar type of goal, and its starting to show across the young defense as a lack of trust is starting to set in.

Not much to note really, a part from Sammy Adjei having a pretty good first half, lots of running some skillful touches and link up play with Tav. Aaron Spear played some great balls, but sometimes over did missing easier options. James Taylor came close to scoring several times from corners, however its still a mystery to me how the ref failed to spot the pushes in the back each time.

Young Michael Hoganson came on for about 30 minutes and looked lively, a bit of pace and seemed to read the game well.

In other news the U-16's destroyed the Huddersfield U-16's 6-1, or something to that affect - the young Huddersfield lads I asked had lost track of the score. Haris Vuckic, friend and Father stood and watched the 1st half too before leaving. Vuckic was walking without any crutches so hopefully his healing is coming along nicely!

I'm sure I saw Vuckic in the town last Sunday.  Was he wearing a leather jacket and big gay black boots?

Got to agree with Spence when it comes to Triosi & Pattison,  triosi was never going to be a premiership footballer and while coming through the ranks Pattison was the better player,  although Matty didn't really cut it in the first team, at the time he got into the first team it was on the back of some very good form in the reserve side, although that was in his favoured central midfield position whereas is appearances for the first team were mostly on the left wing.

I actually liked Troisi, pity he looked as if he'd made the grade and didn't have to put any effort in.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I have no idea what you saw him wearing that day :p

I mean when you saw him cheeky buggar!  bluerazz.gif

Aye he was wearing something similar, certainly along the lines of 'I'm a Polish Brick Layer' ensemble.

Drew with a Hibs XI 2-2, with two Faroe Islanders in the team on trial

Ooooh any more info about them? Can't say they've produce dmany legends in the past so I won't get my hopes up...

If you check the last few pages in the Realistic Transfers page, I posted a bit about them in there

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hope that's true for the young lads sake at the academy as they have no idea what the hells going on, and a few of them are getting side tracked wonder if they're even being noticed/mentioned to the reserve/1st team lot for a pro deal at the end of the year.

I know they shouldn't be and they should just put their heads down and play football, but its a big deal to some of them as they love the club and want to stay there. I'd probably feel the same way if I was a young 'un at the Toon, wondering what was going on, if anyone was going to bat for me to get a pro deal or not. Very rarely do you see any 1st team coaches watching the young lads on a morning.

Sometimes Thompson watches 45mins, but that's few and far between and he's the link between youth and 1st team, so its a bit odd he doesn't watch them more.