U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest The Enforcer

Getting on the train in a bit, will have a walk around town and a couple of pints to kill some time.

Hope everyone can make it and get behind the lads.

Looking forward to it.

Tozer was worse than awful on wednesday.

Looking to be quite the waste of money.

Bit harsh saying waste of money,  hardly like we've broke the bank for him.  He just doesn't seem to have recovered from the bad knee injury he got.  For whatever reason he hasn't been able to back to the level he was before the injury,  he has struggled and played poorly in virtually all the games i've seen him play this season.

That's the risk with signing youngsters. For every N'Zogbia you bound to have a few Danquahs or Tozers who just dont look like progressing and developing enough to make it. Elsewhere, how is Ngo Baheng doing, he's 20 now, anywhere near first team standard? 

That's the risk with signing youngsters. For every N'Zogbia you bound to have a few Danquahs or Tozers who just dont look like progressing and developing enough to make it. Elsewhere, how is Ngo Baheng doing, he's 20 now, anywhere near first team standard?  

Baheng is going to get released in the summer and it'll go down as a missed opportunity for the player,  the lad has had 3 injuries, two really bad ones which have probably stopped him getting his chance.  He was just starting to settle and look promising when he done his cruciate and missed 9 months then started this season really well and was scoring goals and looking sharp but got another bad injury around October time,  if he hadn't got injured i think he may have got a chance in the first and maybe would have saved the club bringing Harewood in.   Now he has started playing again but can't see him getting a chance in the PL.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Yeah Baheng looked good when he concentrated, but always seemed to lapse into showboat mode, or would miss a sitter or two. I think he'll pop up in a few years for a Championship level team... or Stoke.

Good game tonight,  we were very good in the 2nd half,  Vukcic didn't score 2 though,  Baheng scored one of the goals.

Highlights & low points?

Vuckic getting another 60 mins of football into him.  Stevie Folan played really well at the back,  we scored some goals for change.  Got off to a sloppy start and conceded after a few mins,  Alnwick beaten on his near post.  Not really many low points,  the pitch is crap and makes trying to play decent football very hard and if i was been picky i don't think the 4-1-3-2 formation worked that well,  Maclaughlin sitting in front of the back 4 with Ferguson, the kid from the faroes and inman behind a front 2 of haris and baheng.  We were quite narrow at times.

Guest Heneage

he scored but was generally poor and replaced by Airey who scored a belter.

Can you give description of both goals.

Good game tonight,  we were very good in the 2nd half,  Vukcic didn't score 2 though,  Baheng scored one of the goals.

Highlights & low points?

Vuckic getting another 60 mins of football into him.  Stevie Folan played really well at the back,  we scored some goals for change.  Got off to a sloppy start and conceded after a few mins,  Alnwick beaten on his near post.  Not really many low points,  the pitch is crap and makes trying to play decent football very hard and if i was been picky i don't think the 4-1-3-2 formation worked that well,  Maclaughlin sitting in front of the back 4 with Ferguson, the kid from the faroes and inman behind a front 2 of haris and baheng.  We were quite narrow at times.

Cheers for that Binnsy. I noticed when Vuckic was a U18 player that we played all sorts  of formations (sometime 3 or 4 in one game) when he is in the mix. You have seen the youth cup game & tonight is that still the case?

both were good  goals,  Bahengs was a result of the best  bit of football that we played, good exchange of passing in midfield set baheng free thru the inside left channel he out paced the defender and dinked  it over the on rushing keeper.  Aireys goal  was more straight forward, Inman won the ball in the centre circle and then played a great ball over the defender, Airey used his  pace to get onto the ball and while you  were expecting him to take a touch and run into the area he hit it first time into the bottom corner completely taking the keeper by suprise.  Vukcic goal was canny  as well, ran  onto another ball over the top and smashed a left foot shot into the bottom corner  from about 16 yards.  Dummets and morris  goals  were from corners.

Highlights & low points?

Cheers for that Binnsy. I noticed when Vuckic was a U18 player that we played all sorts  of formations (sometime 3 or 4 in one game) when he is in the mix. You have seen the youth cup game & tonight is that still the case?

There wasn't too much tinkering tonight although we did slighly change formation when Vuckic and Baheng went off,  went to a more 4 3 3 when Newton, Airey and Godsmark came on and Inman then came more into the middle and played behind Airey and we had a more fluid look.  That is the formation that the Under 18's play and we look good like that.