U23s & Academy

Skirge

Reserves playing right now, can follow it here - http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Match/Report/ReservesReport/0,,10278~2436758,00.html

Newcastle United Reserves: Ole Soderberg, Patrick Nzuzi, Michael Riley, Jeff Henderson, Stephen Folan, Brad Inman, Greg McDermott, Mehdi Abeid, Sammy Ameobi, Ryan Donaldson, Yven Moyo.

Substitutes: Alex Baird, Remie Streete, Michael Hoganson, Brandon Miele, Dan Taylor.

Dorus de Vries, Matt Doherty, Jamie Reckord, David Edwards, George Elokobi, Jody Craddock, Michael Kightly, Nenad Milijas, James Spray, Jake Cassidy, Adam Hamill.

Couple of experienced players there alright.

And yeah, Sammy should be well ahead of Løvenkrands.

Whatever the result tonight its a great test for our young players up against seasoned professionals like Edwards, Craddock, Elokobi, Kightly, milijas and Hammill.

Also though from a NUFC point of view surely this is a game where Marveaux should be getting more minutes under his belt and fitness topped up and with Perch our next available centre half until Williamson gets fit surely he should be getting a runout so if he is required soon he has some game time and minutes under his belt.

64mins - Magpies captain Jeff Henderson is left writhing in agony after a late challenge from substitute Ebanks Landell, who is sent off. He can have few complaints about that one, just 17 minutes after coming on, and poor Henderson will leave the pitch on a stretcher. Let's hope this isn't as serious as it appears, because the cool and classy Henderson is a great defensive prospect.

Any reports on how Bradden Inman is going.

Hard to tell,  always looks a good player when i've seen him and although Beardsley rates him highly he hasn't really featured in the first team squad even though the likes of McDermott, Donaldson and Richardson have which is strange as he's better than those three.  Like a couple of other players in the reserves this is a big season for him as he's now in the last year of his contract.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Jeff Henderson is another young guy who keeps picking up injuries in games. Reads the game well, composed on the ball when he wins it, good prospect.

How's Streete been getting on this season?

i'm not certain but i think he's mainly spent the pre season and early part of the season back with the academy and u18's, i don't think he went to Holland and he didn't feature in the reserve friendlies against Gateshead and Ashington.

Guest Roger Kint

How's Streete been getting on this season?

i'm not certain but i think he's mainly spent the pre season and early part of the season back with the academy and u18's, i don't think he went to Holland and he didn't feature in the reserve friendlies against Gateshead and Ashington.

I think he dropped out of the Holland trip when the senior players ended up there