U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

How's Streete been getting on this season?

I'm hoping he's more than Big Lad dominating the youth league. The few games I've seen him at u18s level, he's looked fairly comfortable. Seems to read the game well. Be interesting to how he reacts to defeat, as he seems prone to losing his cool when things go wrong.

Shit effort by Leyton, in their cup game he played well, scored a nice goal then gets sidelined while Orient play appallingly. Hope they get relegated.

In their first six games they won twice, lost four times and only scored twice. One of those goals was from Richardson (in the second game). After that he gets a couple of late sub appearances then no games at all.

As I said, I hope they get relegated

I wish we'd send the players to local clubs tbh. Leyton Orient ffs.

Local clubs might not want him, might not have a need at his position. He's a local lad who has worked his way up to playing for NUFC, he may not have lived away from home before - things like this could help him develop on and off the pitch.

To be fair on Orient, one of my work mates is a season ticket holder and said Richardson, although scoring one goal and having a few nice touches, certainly didn't rip up any trees and didn't particularly impress. Plus Orient only loaned him in the first place due to a midfielder crisis of sorts, so when the injured players returned they rightly went back into the side. Why would you keep a young player in the side when players who are more familiar with the league and the system they play are on the sidelines ready to come back in? I'm sure Richardson will go on loan again, but I don't really think any blame should be pointed at the club.

Why would you keep a young player in the side when players who are more familiar with the league and the system they play are on the sidelines ready to come back in?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2010/4/5/1270498439915/Peter-Lovenkrands-001.jpg

Ooo, we have a trialist (who also scored)...

Guthrie and Richardson with the two others.

From reading the summary of the match, it also looks like Ranger was involved a lot.

Sunderland: Carson (Dixon, 38), Laing, Liddle (Watson, 74), Turner, Bramble, McClean, Lynch (Gorrin, 76), Armstrong, Elliott, Knott, Cook.

Newcastle: Soderberg, Nzuzi, Riley, Abeid, Folan, Perch, Richardson, Guthrie, Ranger, Donaldson, Sammy Ameobi.

Beating Chelsea and Man City's academies already is pretty good.

Why in particular?

Man City have always been regarded as one of the best academies and Chelsea are as well these days after pumping loads of pounds/roubles into their youth set-up.

They are definitely two of the better teams.

If you mean the 'already' bit, then yeah, that means nothing really.  :lol: