U23s & Academy

Skirge

my nephew played against the academy last season and Richardson was in charge of the NUFC team, that was at U14 level.

I ain't doubting you Binnsy I scanned the Under list of coaches & I cant recall his seeing his name. It would be of no surprise if the list is out of date though.

lol knowing this club the list will be out of date.  I wouldn't normally have a clue who were coaching the academy apart from the main ones like Money, Wharton etc.  You're more clued up that me, could be that he left in the summer,  he could've been part of Ashleys staff cull.

Guest palnese

Team: Jak Alnwick, Callum Morris, Tamas Kadar, Darren Lough, Ben Tozer, Samuel Adjei, Conor Newton, Kazenga LuaLua, Frank Danquah, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Samuel Ameobi.

Subs: Stephen Folan, Max Johnson, Aaron Spear, Jeff Henderson, Liam Henderson.

Boro (from): Steele, Ripley, Corker, Cronesberry, Digard, Franks, Grounds, Hines, Hoyte, Martin, Park, Pilatos, Porritt, Saiko, Shead, Smallwood.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seems in good form at the moment, like he was in before his injury, probably never get a 1st team game though.

Newton may be  newish to reserve followers but he is known U18 player. Had bad knock last season but for me I prefer him at right back to Tav.

Binnsy/Obi - Do you not think Tav is better at cetre back he  thinks he is Ashley Cole when RB but at CB he is like Rio

I've not seen enough of Tav at centre back to make a judgement, think i've only seen him play CB once,  i think he's a cracking attacking full back though. 

Newton has impressed me at RB as well but has also looked decent as a defensive midfielder as well and looks like he's come back strong following his injury.

I've not seen enough of Tav at centre back to make a judgement, think i've only seen him play CB once,  i think he's a cracking attacking full back though. 

Newton has impressed me at RB as well but has also looked decent as a defensive midfielder as well and looks like he's come back strong following his injury.

do you think he/they'll make it ? do they show enough just as footballers to make you think maybe the positional thing at that age doesn't mean so much but they have talent enough to make it ?

cheers binnsy (and others) btw for keeping us in touch with the kids.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Binnsy/Obi - Do you not think Tav is better at cetre back he  thinks he is Ashley Cole when RB but at CB he is like Rio

Tav seems decent enough, not sure he'll make it to the next level though, probably end up being a fringe defender like Edgar/Ramage, especially considering he'll have to battle past Kadar and Tozer. Though with all respects Tozer has looked really poor since coming back from his injury.

I'm not sure where I prefer Tav playing, at youth level he looks strong at CB as most other youth teams have small players, but at senior level I don't think he has the height or strength (yet) to boss the back line and other strikers around. At RB he's up and down the flank all day, which is great since Sammy Adjei is a bit lazy at times,

As for Conor Newton he impresses me more and more each time I see him play. I don't think he'll be an amazing player, but he's a very good hard working kid, who'll probably get a senior contract if the club is sorted out by the end of the year.

As for 'making it' I think they'll probably end up being League1/Championship level players during their prime.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Youths are playing tomorrow, we should win so hopefully its a decent match. Probably piss it down though.