U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest Geordie Boyo

Fooking hell, i was saying to wor' lass who's down there and a whitley fan, toon 6 -2 whitley....! eh err! XXX

Just got back,  i still can't feel my toes though!!  was really impressed with Whitley who fully deserved the win.  Newcastle were poor and struggled to cope against a bigger stronger team, definately men against boys!

The youth team discovered there opponents for the Youth Cup semi final tonight, Aston Villa beat Fulham on pens,  we now go to Villa Park for the first leg before the return at SJP,  dates tbc. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Never seen him play for us, just read a few reports, most saying he missed sitter after sitter.

The Under 18's lost 4-1 at home to Forest this afternoon, not the best warm up before the youth cup semi final,  in saying that the likes of Dummett, Inman, Airey, Ameobi, Folan weren't playing.

Also the game saw the return of Haris Vukcic,  he came off the bench to play the last 20 mins.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Bit frustrating these random youth games during the middle of random time. Missed watching the youth over the last few months. Noticed the last few games have had a few U16 prospects making appearances, would have been great to have had a chance to see them early. Hopefully, they'll get a few more run outs in the league while the Cup team carries on.

Any idea when (if) they'll announce the new intake of youth into the U18s?

Chances are it'll be:

Streete

Maddison

Hoganson

Nicholson

Though it'll have to be more, considering:

Conor Newton - Mid

Dan Williams - ST

Greg McDermott -Mid

Phil Airey - ST

Bradden Inmann - Mid

Jeff Henderson - Def

Will be 18+ next year. I'd like to see all of them given a 1/2 year pro deal at least, with Williams being the exception.

Youth team is covered in Goal, probably have a few defenders coming through, midfield is a bit thin too.

Guest Roger Kint

From what i heard Remi(Streete) has been playing CB since joining, been good so far too after playing more in midfield as a kid. Got the build for CB mind and he will surely step up after getting the Jack Nixon award recently but still only 15 or so.

Bit frustrating these random youth games during the middle of random time. Missed watching the youth over the last few months. Noticed the last few games have had a few U16 prospects making appearances, would have been great to have had a chance to see them early. Hopefully, they'll get a few more run outs in the league while the Cup team carries on.

Any idea when (if) they'll announce the new intake of youth into the U18s?

Chances are it'll be:

Streete

Maddison

Hoganson

Nicholson

Though it'll have to be more, considering:

Conor Newton - Mid

Dan Williams - ST

Greg McDermott -Mid

Phil Airey - ST

Bradden Inmann - Mid

Jeff Henderson - Def

Will be 18+ next year. I'd like to see all of them given a 1/2 year pro deal at least, with Williams being the exception.

Youth team is covered in Goal, probably have a few defenders coming through, midfield is a bit thin too.

We have 2 home games left after the youth cup semi but they are also midweek games, against Bolton and Everton.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just been speaking the Brighton Researcher, and he had nothing but amazing things to say about LuaLua. He reckons the club are trying their hardest to sign him, but reckons a Championship club will beat them to it.

Its not all positives though, as he echoed what I thought about the player too.

Tears people a new one. Then doesn't know what to do with the ball, so either looks for another player to beat, or just hits it aimlessly. However he did set up a goal against Southampton with an amazing cross:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8583070.stm

I don't think we should give up on Kazenga just yet. Loan him to either Brighton again next season or a Championship club before selling him entirely, I mean how old is he 19?

The away leg for the FA Youth cup is tomorrow night isn't it Chris? Any idea if Vuckic will be playing since I heard he made his comeback recently, hopefully the lads can get a good result to bring back to St. James'