U23s & Academy

Skirge

what's the name of that little ginger radgie who always hangs about the reserve and youth team matches, always telling people what he thinks, seems to have a chip on his shoulder about not making it as a pro...?

Greg?

:lol:

Fuck off.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

what's the name of that little ginger radgie who always hangs about the reserve and youth team matches, always telling people what he thinks, seems to have a chip on his shoulder about not making it as a pro...?

Greg?

:lol:

Fuck off.

;D

I agree with the Leadbitter comment but injuries are coming too fast, a young pro cant really earn a contract if he's always on the physio's table

So Grieves?

What do you think?

Was impressed at the end of last season and the start of this, at youth level, however, its probably best he moves on. Jeff Henderson and Stephan Folan have got a good understanding, a bit of pace between them, and generally seem more comfortable on the ball. So for Grieves own development moving to another club would probably be best.

That'd be the sensible answer, as Daniel Leadbitter has had never ending injuries too, but then who are we to question Know_All.

you've seen the games so what do you think ?

Is he worth another 6 months?

Is Dan Ledbitter for that matter when we know who's coming through?

Sensible answers only please

from what i've seen of both players i wouldn't be giving them a 6 month extension,  i can't see them being premier league footballers.  Injuries are part and parcel of the game and unfortunately they've both had a few.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Think the Toon owe it to Leadbitter more than Grieves. Leadbitter had a fracture in his spine and the club doctors didn't detect it at all 18 months ago.

Guest Know_All

Maybe thats why?

So who do you guys think could step up to the first team and make a career here?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just got back from my first Monthly Team meeting, where I've been appointed new manager of the U10s. Found that Ant's (Ant & Dec's 'Ant' - or it could be Dec's Nephew) Nephew plays alongside Robbie Elloitt's kid in the team! Wonder if they'll follow Liam Henderson to the Toon set up!  :celb:

Guest MrSundlofer

Just like Adjei he's from the same city as me... It was a report about him on local TV some days ago and he was in Newcastle training with the club.

http://media.jnytt.se/resources/news/2010-03-18120950-Suljo1FotoPeterGustafsson.jpg

He has only been a goalkeeper for 4 years. In 19 mars he went to Aston Villa on trial. He traveled with his dad. Some time ago Chelsea called him and wanted to take him on trial but his father didn't understand what they wanted so nothing happened  :lol:

He say's he rather plays for Aston Villa than Chelsea.

His trial at Newcastle was 5 days.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Facebook:

Aaron Spear Is so bored and fed up with Newcastle want to go home forever :(

Not surprised, he hardly had much playing time last season (and when he did he wasn't amazing). Now he's done his knee in, so he's probably feeling home sick - he's only a young lad. Though he could just be talking about the city and not the club! Must suck being on the opposite end of the country away from all your mates and family. He moved here when he was 15.

Youtube has all of our goals from the Foca tournament

Prod in the right direction would be great! Did manage to find Soccer AM Skill School clip of Waife Danqauh v Ben Robinson though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

From that clip, that looks like the best game Aaron Spear (#7) has had for us so far.

Guest toonlass

Facebook:

That makes me feel really sad for him. He is just a bairn still, I couldn't imagine being at the opposite end of the country and just wanting to go home.

Guest michaelfoster

Word has reached me Alan Thompson has left the club

I heard that the other day too

Facebook:

That makes me feel really sad for him. He is just a bairn still, I couldn't imagine being at the opposite end of the country and just wanting to go home.

Without knowing any details about this, I really hope this isn't the case of Newcastle United yet again failing to take care of it's own players. It really grinds my gears how naive the club has been regarding this for quite some time now. Even worse so if the same applies for our youngsters.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was all over the Scottish Papers during the weekend. Suppose to be three of them in charge, similar to how Hughton/Calderwood/Barron looked after 1st team affairs, can't remember the name of the third guy though. Bit disappointing he's chosen to go, however, if its a step up to 1st team coach its good for his career progression.

Was all over the Scottish Papers during the weekend. Suppose to be three of them in charge, similar to how Hughton/Calderwood/Barron looked after 1st team affairs, can't remember the name of the third guy though. Bit disappointing he's chosen to go, however, if its a step up to 1st team coach its good for his career progression.

Johan Mjällby, isn't it?

Not to sure on that :pow: