U23s & Academy

Skirge

Didn't Chris Basham turn his career back on track there?

He went to Gateshead College through their Academy for Sport.

Wonder if that Kris Thackray lad's still over in Italy.

Gateshead College will be making up half of Gateshead's reserve side next season, so hopefully in the future we may see a few of them coming through to the Gateshead first team instead of heading away.

Guest Heneage

Jonny Godsmark has signed for Ashington.

Jeeesus what a fall, was he shit at Hereford then?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Jonny Godsmark has signed for Ashington.

Jeeesus what a fall, was he shit at Hereford then?

Played a handful of games, scored one, that got injured (spot the pun). I would have thought he'd have pushed for Blyth Spartons or something similar, but I guess not. I think his fitness might have been in question, as the last few reserve games of the season he seemed pretty chunky.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Chris, what's happened to that Faroe Islander we had on loan - are we keeping him?

I've heard yes from people at work, and I've heard unknown. If I had to guess, I'd say yes - but the truth is no one really knows yet.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

''Know_All' will know

:laugh:

I wish he did know all, would sort me out for FM11! However, I get the feeling he knows as much as we do, as he only ever seems to confirm what we already know. The only time he's came out with anything new was the Friendship Final Score - and even that was by an hour or two.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Good luck to him, I'm sure Forest Hall Greggs will miss his custome. Saturday Journal says Donachie is in the running for Reserves Manager now.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Certainly has a decent track record, and its been pretty much stated that the Reserves is the proving ground for the Youth now.

Guest MrSundlofer

Chris, what's happened to that Faroe Islander we had on loan - are we keeping him?

I've heard yes from people at work, and I've heard unknown. If I had to guess, I'd say yes - but the truth is no one really knows yet.

Jóan Símun Edmundsson is still here and was on the training today!

Guest MrSundlofer

...And Willie Donachie will probably be the new manager for the reserves.

Added:

I think Conor Newton is training with the first team. Wasn't expecting that.

Samuel Adjei is at rehab 7 weeks.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Jóan Símun Edmundsson is still here and was on the training today!

Aye, went up into the Editorial area and had a look at some of the photos and spotted his cheeky face!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wonder if we've offered him a deal then. How old is he, 18?

It was originally 6 months loan, with an option for a 1 year pro deal. Not sure if its that option they've taken up, or a new multi year deal. I'll try and find out.

Guest Antigalican

See Ashington have a pre-season friendly arranged against Faroe Islands under 19s at Blue Flames, how strange?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Very strange. Whats the date, I might pop along?

Just spotted it:

Monday 12th July 7pm KO.

Very strange. Whats the date, I might pop along?

Just spotted it:

Monday 12th July 7pm KO.

Ashington assistant manager is also academy coach and has worked with Hughton. Might have something to do with it or just a coincidence.