U23s & Academy

Skirge

There'll still be an 'away end' though right?

i'd expect so,  although we probably won't find out till a couple of days before,  best check with .com a couple of days before.

Second string:

Hoops held

Newcastle reserves were in Scotland on Wednesday to played another behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly match, drawing 3-3 with a Celtic XI.

Magpies scorers were Nile Ranger and Phil Airey (2).

Phil Airey can't stop scoring.

If he really put the effort in he could, just look at Alan Smith.

:lol:

I always got the impression he was a defender/midfielder. It seems like they stuck him up for a laugh but he is actually scoring heaps.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Anyone going to the game against Gateshead next Friday? I'll be going along, so looking for some forum regulars to mingle with!

-vacant sound as no one wants to sit next to me-  :colo:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

i was thinking about going but not going now, i'm not paying £9.

Hmm £9 is more than I was expecting like, though think I'll give in since its 'local' football.

Gills boss Andy Hessenthaler added a handful of trialists to his side, with Lance Cronin continuing in goal and Stanley Aborah again appearing.

Aborah was to limp off in the second half with a hamstring injury.

Hessenthaler also got a look at Newcastle United youngster Darren Lough, at left back, and Trinidad striker Jason Norville.

Word has reached me Alan Thompson has left the club

Same person who told me the above tells me Pedro will be looking after the reserves next season

Lee Ryder seemed to think it would be Beardsley for Reserve Team Manager.

No smoke without fire I guess

Same person who told me the above tells me Pedro will be looking after the reserves next season

I never read that  as I have just got in & posted what I was told.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Find out by Friday, I guess.

I never read that  as I have just got in & posted what I was told.

It wasn't in the papers, I asked him this morning at work.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its alreet, Spence! I stood and told him that there was a feeling Willie Donachie would be taking over  :facepalm: Guess thats why he's the Chief Sports Writer and I'm an entry level scrub  :snod:

Its alreet, Spence! I stood and told him that there was a feeling Willie Donachie would be taking over  :facepalm: Guess thats why he's the Chief Sports Writer and I'm an entry level scrub  :snod:

Are you working at Thomo House?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Good appointments in Stone and Beardsley, though wonder if Stone is pulling double shifts with the youth team still (Nike Cup next week).

Happy about this like.. good news

why ? smacks of jobs for the boys and there was a lot of disharmony over his last spell of working with the kids (which most of the reserves will be)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

why ? smacks of jobs for the boys and there was a lot of disharmony over his last spell of working with the kids (which most of the reserves will be)

Difference now is that Beardsley has Joe Joyce's ethos to work under/towards, so it'll be the established style the Academy has been pushing the last few years. The allegations of bully that were thrown towards Beardsley last time, I'm led to believe, were more to do with him treating the kids like adults and demanding too much from them.

Difference now is that Beardsley has Joe Joyce's ethos to work under/towards, so it'll be the established style the Academy has been pushing the last few years. The allegations of bully that were thrown towards Beardsley last time, I'm led to believe, were more to do with him treating the kids like adults and demanding too much from them.

more to it than that, for all the allegations of bullying were thrown out there were a lot of unhappy people there due to his methods. seems to me like a fantastic player doesn't always make a half decent coach.