U23s & Academy

Skirge

:thup:

Interesting read

Great read. Thanks :thup:

Good stuff, thanks

Nice one Chris.

Great review that Chris, cheers.

Nice to see Vuckic playing in what would appear his most natural position. Has it always been like that for him in the ressies or is that Beardo's influence already?

Indeed, a great report Chris. But it begs the question, why does somebody with such obvious knowledge of the game who can write about it so well, play it so utterly atrociously?

:mystery:

Nice to see Vuckic playing in what would appear his most natural position. Has it always been like that for him in the ressies or is that Beardo's influence already?

The times I saw which was  mainly in the juniors not 2nd XI they covered him midfielders because he is not going to do anything for you defensively.

Guest JamesyJazz

Great review Chris.

Workmate from Warkworth way is telling me that the young lad(from the same village) who has played for the youth and reserve team is being handed the 22(N Buttsold no.) shirt for the coming season and is now 6th choice striker.Too pissed to remember his name though.Any truth in the lad being given this opportunity?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The times I saw which was  mainly in the juniors not 2nd XI they covered him midfielders because he is not going to do anything for you defensively.

Aye, he's always had the freedom to play in the middle at Youth/Reserve level, hopefully he's not tried as a winger for the 1st team otherwises people will slate him.

Great review Chris.

Workmate from Warkworth way is telling me that the young lad(from the same village) who has played for the youth and reserve team is being handed the 22(N Buttsold no.) shirt for the coming season and is now 6th choice striker.Too pissed to remember his name though.Any truth in the lad being given this opportunity?

I think Dan Taylor wore it last night, but I wouldn't take much notice of the numbers they wore since it was the reserves. Chances are it could be Airey, but it hasn't been announced from what I can tell.

:thup:

Interesting read

Great read. Thanks :thup:

Good stuff, thanks

Nice one Chris.

Indeed, a great report Chris. But it begs the question, why does somebody with such obvious knowledge of the game who can write about it so well, play it so utterly atrociously?

:mystery:

Natural born coach!  :snod:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I know NUFC.com are pretty good at getting details, but there are few names I don't recognise on their academy list:

http://www.nufc.com/2010-11html/squad-academy.html

They seem to think Alex Baird is with us, but last I saw he was on trial with us before signing with Derby. Interestingly though, there seems to be a local lad called Alex Baird who also plays in goal, so I'm not sure if its him who's playing for us.

They still have Oliver Nicholas down for playing for us, but unless I've been following the wrong person (former Arsenal youth bounced from Blackburn & Man City due to behaviour) he's too old of the academy now and is currently looking for a way back into football as a free agent.

Just looking for some input here, below is the squad I had down on paper for the U16s this season. Help filling the blanks is great. I know a few of the names in white on NUFC.com are players from the U15s, so it looks like we're going to have a very young squad this year.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/AcademyHome/0,,10278,3,00.html

The Toon's website has 2nd-3rd year Scholars listed, but I can't see the 3rd years doing double duty between the U18s and the Development Squad (you can only play two 19 year olds in the team anyway).

Currently have it as:

Lee Ryan-Toland

Alex Nicholson

Remie Streete

Michael Hoganson

Dennis Knight

Jamie Smith

Steven Logan

Marcus Maddison

Scott Mould

Wasn't sure about Alex Baird, think he's at Derby now.

---

With the overall squad looking like this (guess work for FM11)

Newcastle United Youth Team 2010/11

Goalkeepers

Jak Alnwick

Ben Robinson

Jamie Smith

Defenders

RB - Patrick Nzuzi

RB/CB - Lee Ryan-Toland

CB - Stephen Folan

CB - Remi Streete

CB - Scott Mould

RB/LB - Alex Nicholson

Midfielders

RW/ST - Ryan McGorrigan

CM - Liam Henderson

CM/DM - Andy Mogwo

CM - Ryan Page

LW/ST - Aaron Spear

Attackers

ST - Billy Ions

ST - Michael Hoganson

ST - Marcus Maddison

ST - Dennis Knight

who is this Esteban Cardona? some Argentine wonderkid we have ?:D

--

Young Magpies' Five-Star Show

Newcastle's under-15s Academy side have made a blistering start to the prestigious Manchester United Premier Cup, which got underway today.

Vince Hutton's youngsters beat French side Paris St-Germain in their opening game at The Red Devils' Carrington training complex this morning, before thrashing Malaysian outfit Shillong Lajong 5-0 in their second game.

Mark Brereton, Liam Smith (pen), Esteban Cardona, Adam Campbell and Tom Heardman were on target

And against PSG, Smith and Campbell were the scorers in a game where Newcastle could have had more goals but also had goalkeeper Aiden Grant to thank for a penalty save.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Anyone going to see the reserves tonight against Luton? Will be nice to see Ranger, Vuckic and Lua Lua get a run out.

Doubt anyone would want to spend £19 (+travel) to see the reserves play Luton.

Losing 2-0 to Luton. What did that statement say about the academy oozing talent?

I think it suggests worrying times for Gateshead. Basically this team beat them 3-0 confortably and are now being beaten 2-0 by a team in the same division as the Heed.