If we go....Those who will leave & what it may mean

Minhosa

food for thought.

At the end of the day, a player on a contract for 4 years, is not going anywhere unless we get the right price for them - fact.

Owen, Viduka, off = good

Oba - tough one - he likes it here - but that much?

Love - he is not going to sign for a club in the championship.

Shola and Carrol to stay = FUCK SHIT CUNT BOLLOCKS ARSE

DUFF, Butt, Jonas - OFF

Barton, maybe he would stay along side Githrie

R Taylor - no choice but to stay

Nolan - think he would, seems an honest bloke

Zog - oh, he already left

Geremi - sipping cocktails I suggest (retired)

Taylor "I am a geordie, but prone to being shit" will feel at home in the fizzy league

Colo - cannot speak english, just tell him we are still in the premiership

Bassong - he is too good - off

Jose - I think he would stay

Harper - at least 40 games as no 1.

Krul - cannot get a game even in the championship = off

Fraser - no 2 to Harper

The rest, who knows (and I am not refering to players)

food for thought.

At the end of the day, a player on a contract for 4 years, is not going anywhere unless we get the right price for them - fact.

Owen, Viduka, off = good

Shola and Carrol to stay = f*** s*** c*** BOLLOCKS ARSE

DUFF, Butt, Jonas - OFF

Taylor "I am a geordie, but prone to being s***" will feel at home in the fizzy league

Fraser - no 2 to Harper

Oba would be off. Immediately. Same with Bassong and Jonas. I could see all three of them (Enrique as well) moving to a top six club in any of the top 3 leagues +top teams in Russia, France, Germany.

Guest ObaStar

im pretty sure boro and west brom will go down. that means we just have to beat out blackburn, portsmouth, stoke or hull

food for thought.

Owen, Viduka, off = good

Shola and Carrol to stay = f*** s*** c*** BOLLOCKS ARSE

DUFF, Butt, Jonas - OFF

Taylor "I am a geordie, but prone to being s***" will feel at home in the fizzy league

Fraser - no 2 to Harper

Oba would be off. Immediately. Same with Bassong and Jonas. I could see all three of them (Enrique as well) moving to a top six club in any of the top 3 leagues +top teams in Russia, France, Germany.

Obviously the best players will leave in such a situation. Shay Given left even before relegation was an issue and he was a Tyneside hero.

This is why we wouldnt come back up straight. We'd have far more rebuilding to do than any other club (probably ever) with at least 20 players going in or out. Stoke, West Brom, Hull + the whole of the championship would keep their managers and only lose 1 or 2 players so they've got a massive head start (years in some cases)

The club will be down for 4 or  years, and any decent players will be gone(those who have got Enrique still in the side after relegation are living in dreamland).

Many of you are in for the most enormous culture shock and reality check if the club is relegated, and Ashley will be gone soonest - he may have to cut his losses to sell, but then, he's getting used to that..!!

The club will be down for 4 or  years, and any decent players will be gone(those who have got Enrique still in the side after relegation are living in dreamland).

Many of you are in for the most enormous culture shock and reality check if the club is relegated, and Ashley will be gone soonest - he may have to cut his losses to sell, but then, he's getting used to that..!!

Yup they are.

Its gonna be painful.

Yup they are.

Its gonna be painful.

hopefully be something like west ham when they went down, if we're lucky, signing cheap young British based players with potential or more likely something to prove

god forbid we go down the journeyman route, dean windass style

:no:

Yup they are.

Its gonna be painful.

hopefully be something like west ham when they went down, if we're lucky, signing cheap young British based players with potential or more likely something to prove

Its alright we have Shola.

Yup they are.

Its gonna be painful.

the anti-journeyman

Yup they are.

Its gonna be painful.

the anti-journeyman

Goal machine.

Guest Brazilianbob

I think if we go down, then Ashley WILL spend to get us back up and possibly to keep us in the league. After all, he wants to make money? Well surely getting to and staying in the Premier League is a sound investment? I think we will lose alot of players, but we would also get a new start. It could actually be really good thing for us in a few years when we look (im well aware it wont be when its happening).

One of the key things about a new start, is a proper manager btw, but I guess we cant win them all.

The same flawed reasoning keeps arising every transfer window.  Now we are talking about buying players to get us out of the Championship, but everyone conveniently forgets that it doesn't matter how much money you have, if the players are any good they will want to play in the EPL and simply won't sign for us in the Championship.  We will have to get used to the idea of losing out on signing decent players to teams like Wigan and Bolton FFS.

We will then end up forking out a fortune for slightly above average players of Championship standard, with no guarantee of being able to claw our way back into the EPL.  That is why it is essential we avoid dropping out of the EPL in the first instance.

I think if we go down, then Ashley WILL spend to get us back up and possibly to keep us in the league. After all, he wants to make money? Well surely getting to and staying in the Premier League is a sound investment? I think we will lose alot of players, but we would also get a new start. It could actually be really good thing for us in a few years when we look (im well aware it wont be when its happening).

One of the key things about a new start, is a proper manager btw, but I guess we cant win them all.

The same flawed reasoning keeps arising every transfer window.  Now we are talking about buying players to get us out of the Championship, but everyone conveniently forgets that it doesn't matter how much money you have, if the players are any good they will want to play in the EPL and simply won't sign for us in the Championship.  We will have to get used to the idea of losing out on signing decent players to teams like Wigan and Bolton FFS.

We will then end up forking out a fortune for slightly above average players of Championship standard, with no guarantee of being able to claw our way back into the EPL.  That is why it is essential we avoid dropping out of the EPL in the first instance.

Please stop using EPL.

didn´t wanted to start a new thread....but if valencia is going to sell out im really sad about our situation. Would be great to sign some of there players:

albiol

fernandes

joaquin

silva (my favorite)

villa

mata

vicente

maduro

viana :nope:

know we aint gonna get any of them!

didn´t wanted to start a new thread....but if valencia is going to sell out im really sad about our situation. Would be great to sign some of there players:

albiol

fernandes

joaquin

silva (my favorite)

villa

mata

vicente

maduro

viana :nope:

know we aint gonna get any of them!

None of the good players from Valencia would have come here anyway. The have ALOT of s*** players we could have picked up though

Guest battyleespeed

I don't think it's that much about the players than what it is about the organization. As the previous seasons have shown if the club management and organization (directors, manager, coaches, scouts, etc.) isn't up to the task the squad quality becomes almost irrelevant.

You should discuss whether the current management and organization would be good enough for winning promotion straight back up. I think most already know the answer for that...

More importantly the question should be: Would Ashley leave with yet another backlash from the supporters? He might still own the club but probably would delegate its management, keep losses at minimum and simply not be bothered anymore (this was his exact reaction with KK's case). If he loses his motivation to run the club there won't be any direction in the management and the few emergency resources he has provided would be more or less gone.

This Ameobi/Carroll/Barton/blah/blah endless shuffling of player names is just b****t  FM daydream wanking to be honest. It's fun pre-matches but that's not where the necessary big changes will come about. The players won't make the biggest difference... I think in this case all the dedication and change must to come from top to down so the biggest difference is MA and the people he has in the management positions.

If we go down I could see the fans (those that will be left) make a real push for gaining control of the club. Yes, it will be very hard but I can see mass rallies, protests, and plans happening.....imo.

The players that I think would leave would be: Bassong, Coloccini, Beye, Enrique, Duff, Barton, Nolan, Martins, Owen (leaving anyway), Viduka (same as Owen), Jonas, S.Taylor, Xisco, Smith, Ameobi (because of his insane wages, and Cacapa.

The 'maybes' would be: Geremi, Haper and Guthrie.

I could see Lovenkrands given a permanent deal (and rightly so, he'd be canny in the Championship), though.

So pretty much, as people have said before me, we'll lose almost our whole squad. Take all those away from an already very small squad then we're in trouble....or Ashley is.

We'll have players like Lua Lua, Edgar, Carroll, R.Taylor and Krul (please god) still with us but it will be very, very tough. Then we'll have the likes of Kadar, Ranger, Godsmark, Forster and maybe a couple of others being given a sniff of 1st team football. This could be a part of Ashley's plan.....as it would be very cost reducing filling lots of the whole's with young lads already at the club.

I would be a wee bit surprised if Harper stayed at NUFC. He might think to himself that he has one last chance to knock on the England door and he wont do that in the Championship.....plus a host of PL clubs will be sniffing around for him on the cheap.

Going down would be an utter disaster, imo and it could take a while for the club to recover from it. We can easily have a clear out this summer without getting relegated, anyway.

This could be a part of Ashley's plan.....as it would be very cost reducing filling lots of the whole's with young lads already at the club.

:undecided:

Surely PL TV money, advertising etc. etc. would be better for Ashley if he wanted to make money.

This could be a part of Ashley's plan.....as it would be very cost reducing filling lots of the whole's with young lads already at the club.

:undecided:

Surely PL TV money, advertising etc. etc. would be better for Ashley if he wanted to make money.

Sorry, I meant IF we go down he'll have a cost reducing plan to spend less to get us back up. We'll lose a hell of a lot of money next season should the worst happen.