If we go....Those who will leave & what it may mean

Minhosa

I reckon if we go down our first 11 without new signings will be thus.

Harper

Raylor    Taylor                Kadar    Enrique

LuaLua  Butt                    Guthrie  Duff

Lovenkrands      Ameobi/Ranger

I reckon good enough to come back up with a  few signings

Harper

Raylor     Taylor                 Kadar    Enrique

LuaLua   Butt                    Guthrie   Duff

I reckon we'd be actively trying to flog Duff and Butt (probably to someone like Birmingham or Wigan) but, either way, with a few decent 'stayers' we'd have enough to come straight back up.

Edit - I think Nolan would stay too. Firstly, I think he'd want to and secondly, on a 4 year deal we'd be wanting decent money for him. Nolan and Guthrie in the middle would run 90% of Championship games.

Harper

I reckon we'd be actively trying to flog Duff and Butt (probably to someone like Birmingham or Wigan) but, either way, with a few decent 'stayers' we'd have enough to come straight back up.

Edit - I think Nolan would stay too. Firstly, I think he'd want to and secondly, on a 4 year deal we'd be wanting decent money for him. Nolan and Guthrie in the middle would run 90% of Championship games.

Aye, you're probably right, thinking about it Barton would probably stay as well.  I know hhe's an idiot but he seems quite committed to the club.  Imagine Barton and Nolan as a cm partnership on the Championshit.  Its probably wings where we would be weakest.

Harper

R.Taylor     Edgar          ????      ????

Lua Lua      Butt        Guthrie     ????

Ameobi   Caroll

Wanktastic

The Ashley fanboys will be happy with that tho, its low budget and the club is in profit.

They will be dubbed "Ashleys Angels"

More Anals than Angels tbh

Harper

If we couldn't sell we'd probably try and negotiate a  wast to pay Duff off. You can't have someone on his crazy wages in the Championship.

Not a hope in hell Jose will stay either.

S.Taylor will be a decent buy for Wigan or someone.

Im not so sure Oba will be desperate to leave if we go down tbh, if we are not promoted he would want out i reckon.

Although Ashley and co will prob be desperate to sell him.

Martins is one of most salable assets

Im not so sure Oba will be desperate to leave if we go down tbh, if we are not promoted he would want out i reckon.

Course he fuckin will. He could easily move to bigger/better club now nevermind if we go down.

He's also possibly the player we'd get most money for.

Ashley wouldnt tolerate his wages in the Championship (the main reason so many would have to learn - as alluded to in the OP)

Lets just keep wise and get a team full of £1,5m superstars ala Bassong

Even though it looks like he was a Keegan signing?

says who?

Bassong himself actually.

Guest Stephen927

In the past when Newcastle United have been relegated it's taken them a few years to bounce back into the top flight, I think that would be the case if we were to go down. Then you have the problem of if you do manage to get up, staying up.

The Championship is a highly competitive league, theres a fair number of clubs who look like they could be promoted or finish in the play offs.

IF we can keep some of the bigger 0payers I think we would bounce straight back up BUT not if JK stays, he cannot take us down and keep the job. It would be the loyalty test, who of the squad would be man enough to take the blame for the part they played and be willing enough to stay and try to mke things right.

Thing is Ashley would be very very ready to cash in on those that he gets offers for and lets face it we have plenty that Prem clubs will want.

Guest Stephen927

Do people think that our current squad, under the current management, would finish in the automatic promotion places in the Championship, or Playoff places?

Do people think that our current squad, under the current management, would finish in the automatic promotion places in the Championship, or Playoff places?

I still think with our key players coming back to fitness we will stay up, although it will be a lot closer than last year.

This current squad would piss all over any team in the Championship.

I still think with our key players coming back to fitness we will stay up, although it will be a lot closer than last year.

This current squad would piss all over any team in the Championship.

Disagree, good sides in the championship, have hunger, desire, something to prove, want to get to the big league, they are aspiring, and motivated, young, dynamic.

We would be there with a bunch of Aged failed, deluded, big time charlies, who cant be arsed, we would struggle badly

Our current squad would beat the s*** out of the Championship. The idea of Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins playing against Championship sides is frankly the stuff of wet dreams. We'd easily have one of the best defences as well. Some people on this forum are so ridiculously negative that it is just stupid and kind of takes the fun out of discussion.

I mean I could have written cp40's post before he added it. "This current side would get destroyed. It is dire. Unless Keegan was manager, in which case we would amass 138 points with record goal difference."

It's unthinkable but I think our starting line up out of the current crop would look something like:

-------------------------------Harper---------------------------------

R. Taylor--------S.Taylor---------------Kadar--------------Edgar

--------------------------------Butt-----------------------------------

-----------------Guthrie----------------------Lua Lua--------------

-------------------------------Barton---------------------------------

----------Lovenkrands------------------Carroll----------------

Martins is one of most salable assets

Course he fuckin will. He could easily move to bigger/better club now nevermind if we go down.

He's also possibly the player we'd get most money for.

Ashley wouldnt tolerate his wages in the Championship (the main reason so many would have to learn - as alluded to in the OP)

I'm 99% sure he would be one of the first to leave. Barton would be off too. Out of what I would call our best first team I could see about two staying. Harper and Guthrie.