Mike Ashley; what will it take to make you appoint a manager?

Tsunami

Guest MagicNumber9

Quite sad to think, 98% of people were laughing off the idea of Stevey Bruce in charge of us on here....

....I'd have him in a shot, more then ever now...

sad that no matter what suggestions we make as next manager we are gonna be stuck with Kinnear and Hughton and will probably be relegated and the push for promotion will be led by Kinnear.

Its a nightmare that unfortunately we are stuck with.

It's laughable that so many of you honestly believe that (m)any managers would even consider taking our job.

It's a complete no-hoper at the moment due to the instability between board and fans.

Granted, if said new manager kept us up and then started showing signs of stability next season, they would be doing a great job; however, they'd assume (rightly or wrongly) that we'd be expecting to challenge for Europe/trophies within the near future and the expectations would be sent through the roof whenever we went on a good run.

Fortunately, we'll not get the chance to experience this as any manager with half a reputation won't come near the club. I'd wager than many would jump at the chance in the summer, but no-one wants to be the manager who "got us relegated" (even though they'd not be to blame)

It's not too late to take a gamble and retain our prem status. Going down without rolling the dice would be a crime, but sadly this is in keeping with the ownership's record.

It's laughable that so many of you honestly believe that (m)any managers would even consider taking our job.

It's a complete no-hoper at the moment due to the instability between board and fans.

Granted, if said new manager kept us up and then started showing signs of stability next season, they would be doing a great job; however, they'd assume (rightly or wrongly) that we'd be expecting to challenge for Europe/trophies within the near future and the expectations would be sent through the roof whenever we went on a good run.

Fortunately, we'll not get the chance to experience this as any manager with half a reputation won't come near the club. I'd wager than many would jump at the chance in the summer, but no-one wants to be the manager who "got us relegated" (even though they'd not be to blame)

Nonsense. Even Llambias himself let slip there are lots of top managers interested (his words, not mine) and we have specifically chosen Kinnear to be our manager..

We are still a big club in one of the biggest leagues in the world. There are loads of managers, English and foreign, who would love a crack at being the manager to turn us around. Ashley and his system are a hindrance of course, but we are still a very attractive proposition for many managers out there.

What's with the post-match interviews from Hughton? He seem to be insisting that we played well for a certain time and then collapsed but there is nothing wrong the players commitment and general effort. He also keep saying that Owen has a huge role to play in the relegation dogfight and right after that Owen is droped from the starting XI(deservedly so though).

Some of our more experienced players are saying that the players are up for the challenge but nothing seems to be indication that's exactly the truth! 1 fucking win in last 14 games and they seem so confident about the survival :cheesy:

I'm dead scared about the current mess and there are no signs of any immediate improvements (like iot's gonna get any better when  :kinnear: is back) and Ashley's just looking sad in the at the matches doing nothing to change things around. There are so many players who clearly are not up for the challenge no matter what they keep saying and they should be dropped ASAP and some of our younger talents should be given a chance as they surely have something to prove unlike these "should I really care as I'm leaving anyway" looking bunch of useless mercenaries...

Nonsense. Even Llambias himself let slip there are lots of top managers interested (his words, not mine) and we have specifically chosen Kinnear to be our manager..

Dont believe that atall. Even they cannot be so moronic that they would choose Kinnear with much better options available. In reality, Llambias perception of "top managers" is probably different from ours.

Dont believe that atall. Even they cannot be so moronic that they would choose Kinnear with much better options available. In reality, Llambias perception of "top managers" is probably different from ours.

I wouldn't bet against it myself. Kinnear is probably much cheaper than most alternatives, which seems to be a prevalent theme in Ashley's regime so far..

Guest oba78

I wouldn't bet against it myself. Kinnear is probably much cheaper than most alternatives, which seems to be a prevalent theme in Ashley's regime so far..

Spot on....if they paid enough for a top manager and gave him a permanent contract we would not be sitting here with Kinnear. Surely our Premiership survival is worth whatever it takes compared to the consequences of relegation!!!

Spot on....if they paid enough for a top manager and gave him a permanent contract we would not be sitting here with Kinnear. Surely our Premiership survival is worth whatever it takes compared to the consequences of relegation!!!

Madness isn't it?  The manager is our most important signing bar none, yet we seem to consistently bungle it....