Mike Ashley; what will it take to make you appoint a manager?

Tsunami

Its like he treats the managerial job at Newcastle United Football Club like a branch of Sport Direct.

Check out Danny Banks from PART TIME to Regional Manager!!! THIS CUNT MUST BE THE JFK OF SPORTS DIRECT

http://www.peoplebank.com/pb3/corporate/Sportsworld/index.html

Also found this which shows why Muppets like Chris & Colin are picking up wages:

There really is no stereo type when it comes to the ideal candidate, we look at everyone from all levels of experience and walks of life, but the ones who build a career with us all share the same characteristics, they are all highly motivated and genuinely want to succeed.

Its far too late to be thinking about another appointment, anyway Kinnear is back soon  :laugh: Even if we go down i can see Kinnear becoming the manager on a permanent basis because he'll be cheap and Ashley would have lost a heck of alot of money dropping into the championship. I can see this happening and by Christmas when we are again struggling Ashley will sack Kinnear and hire someone else! All seems to familiar a story im to be honest im fucking sick of this!

I put this thread up after being at the match, and then the pub, having again witnessed us drop precious points through the lack of a manager. We do not react on the field when other teams start asking questions of us. Hughton stands on the touchline making gestures but never gets his point across or any reaction from the players. Some of the players then hide, keep their eyes to ground and we crumble into chaos. For 20 minutes in the 2nd half the team were all over the shop. That should never happen, at any level.

We still have a chance of stopping up but we will need to get at least 9 points from the remaining home games and not lose at Stoke. That is the bare minimum requirement and we will not get those points under Hughton. Ashley made a monumental mistake with Kinnear and has gone on to compound this with subsequent actions.

You will only ever get anywhere by not accepting what is wrong and by attempting to take the right actions to make improvements or at least stop the slide. We still have enough games to stay up but he must make a short term appointment and have a long term plan for a permanent manager.

I'm not too bothered who the short term manager is; anyone would be better than Hughton. JK may feel he can come back but there is too much pressure now and if I were his medical advisor I'd be against coming anywhere near us. That Ashley couldn't/ can't see this is beyond belief.

Curbishley, Robson, Venables in fact any out of work manager should be invited in.

The players will quite simply NOT respect Houghton as a manager and therefore not respond on the pitch, if players respect the gaffer they generally put in a performance. We also need some new ideas because our football is clueless! Owen touched on it in an interview i believe not too long ago and he said something like he dosnt know whats going on at training sessions, uncertaincy around the club, which is bound to rub off on the players. This however is not me sticking up for the players as its them who need to start performing although im austounded that Ashely dosnt seem to think they need a head coach with some kind of experience?!?!?!

It's too late to appoint a new manager. I wish we could put this issue to bed, it's ridiculous.

I find this attitude baffling if I'm honest. I believe you are also one of the few who still think we aren't in serious trouble of getting relegated (or were up until not so long ago)? With Kinnear not being up to the job both in terms of health or quality, we will be looking for a new manager regardlesss sooner or later. As far as I am concerned we have already lost precious months to rectify this wrong, but the only worse thing than doing the right thing late is not doing it at all. Besides, what is "too late"..? Too late to avoid relegation? Well, maybe it is. Then again, maybe it isn't. Worth the gamble if you ask me, especially as we need to start building for the future, be it in the Premiership or the Championship, and Kinnear should not be our future under any circumstance.

I think it's last chance saloon time for Mike Ashley to take decisive action and get a manager in now. My preference is for Venables who's experience and character would give the players the short term lift that normally occurs after a managerial appointment. That could be enough to kickstart the revival we need.

If we go into the Chelsea game with the same set up I think we will go down.

i dont think we will get any manager in, Kinnear is nearly back. Ashley will probably just hold out.

so frustrating

Kinnear's hoping to be back for the Spurs game but that is dependant on his doctors giving him the OK. If he does get the OK there's no way Kinnear's going to be firing on all cylinders, tearing into the players, other managers and the press.

IMO Kinnear is not going to save us, we need a manager NOW!

Guest Howaythetoon

Once Kinnear's illness was recognised as being serious enough to remove him from that dugout for a while the powers that be should have appointed a temp manager. Not doing so could mean a number of things. They tried but failed, i.e. no-one wanted the temp job. Or more than likely they actually believe the team to be more than good enough to keep us up regardless which if true shows their complete and utter lack of understanding. Not that we should be surprised.

Guest Slippery Sam

George Graham would come to Newcastle tomorrow imo.

Heard him on the radio a couple of months ago and it was clear (much to my surprise) he loves Newcastle United. He also stated he was desperate for one last chance at a big club - not some crap like Wigan, Hull, Stoke etc.

Just throwing his name into the ring, in this time of desperate needs.

It's too late to appoint a new manager. I wish we could put this issue to bed, it's ridiculous.

I find this attitude baffling if I'm honest. I believe you are also one of the few who still think we aren't in serious trouble of getting relegated (or were up until not so long ago)? With Kinnear not being up to the job both in terms of health or quality, we will be looking for a new manager regardlesss sooner or later. As far as I am concerned we have already lost precious months to rectify this wrong, but the only worse thing than doing the right thing late is not doing it at all. Besides, what is "too late"..? Too late to avoid relegation? Well, maybe it is. Then again, maybe it isn't. Worth the gamble if you ask me, especially as we need to start building for the future, be it in the Premiership or the Championship, and Kinnear should not be our future under any circumstance.

bob has a point in saying its too late. it's not, but it IS something that shouldve been done weeks, if not months, ago. the failure of ashley to do so borders on the criminal. we're leaving it excrutiatingly late. i do wonder if the arsenal defeat will prompt ashley to phone up one of the managers in his mid-90s panini sticker book. someone like howard wilkinson or glen hoddle, or maybe a local bloke like brian little or ian branfoot.

even at this late stage, if i was him, i'd look to appoint someone on a 3 year contract with top top wages, announce to the world that this is the man who is going to lead us forward regardless of relegation or survival and let him have as much control of the club as he wants. that way we'd be able to attract a decent calibre of manager and give him the immediate authority to marshall the players.

Once Kinnear's illness was recognised as being serious enough to remove him from that dugout for a while the powers that be should have appointed a temp manager. Not doing so could mean a number of things. They tried but failed, i.e. no-one wanted the temp job. Or more than likely they actually believe the team to be more than good enough to keep us up regardless which if true shows their complete and utter lack of understanding. Not that we should be surprised.

Could it be that Ashley's... Too nice?  Keegan says "I want control of the transfers" but Ashley doesn't want to kick out Wise so he just hopes it'll work itself out and KK will come round, Kinnear gets appointed on a temp basis and Ashley doesn't want to move him on because that makes it seem like he's not done a good enough job, Joe's heart packs in again and he thinks it's be too cruel to give the job to someone else in the circumstances and doesn't want to show a lack of confidence in Hughton by not letting him lead the team in Joe's absence when that's his duty as assistant...?  Just seems bizarre, maybe he lacks the ruthless streak you need.

were the crowd singing there's only one Alan Shearer last night at 3-1 ? or was it sometrhin else

They were singing there's only one Bobby Robson in the first half, didn't hear anything like that in the second though

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5084993,00.html

Newcastle United vice-president Malcolm Dix has told Joe Kinnear not to rush back from his heart triple by-pass.

Dix is fully aware of Kinnear's issue having needed open heart surgery in the 90s and is concerned that the Magpies boss could endanger his health by returning too soon.

Dix - whose grandfather Walter was a founding member of Newcastle in the 1880s - is a respected voice on Tyneside and he is worried about Kinnear returning as early as the Stoke clash on April 11.

"I actually had a quintuple heart operation compared with Joe's triple op, but the fact I was younger at 50 - compared to his 62 - balances things out," he told The People.

"My advice to Joe would be not to resume his duties as manager of Newcastle for at least six months, which would take us to the start of next season.

"The first six months after an operation of this kind are nothing short of horrendous.

"There are all the side affects and it's not just muscular as the body reacts to everything, but psychologically as well."

Surely this HAS to force MA's hand?