Newcastle vs Chelsea - April Sat 4th @ 15:00

Skirge

Beyond gutted that i'm not there tomorrow.

I'd bet good money that i'm one of the top 50,000 Shearer fanboys on the planet. I should be fucking there. :(

I've heard that one of my mates, who supports Blackburn or some shitty club (armchair supporter) has managed to pick up a free ticket off another mate. Crucifying; he shouldn't fucking be there!

I'd bet good money that i'm one of the top 50,000 Shearer fanboys on the planet. I should be fucking there. :(

I've heard that one of my mates, who supports Blackburn or some shitty club (armchair supporter) has managed to pick up a free ticket off another mate. Crucifying; he shouldn't fucking be there!

Mug the cunt.Give him a proper Yorkshire Dick Turpin welcome,as he crosses the Pennines...It's legal you know.

I'd bet good money that i'm one of the top 50,000 Shearer fanboys on the planet. I should be f***ing there. :(

I've heard that one of my mates, who supports Blackburn or some shitty club (armchair supporter) has managed to pick up a free ticket off another mate. Crucifying; he shouldn't f***ing be there!

Mug the c***.Give him a proper Yorkshire Dick Turpin welcome,as he crosses the Pennines...It's legal you know.

Shearer's Testimonial was probably the greatest game Ive ever been to tbh.  It was just so special.  Everyone turned up off the back of a wretched season, most people only going because they felt they 'had' to.  But man what a night it turned out to be, totally unexpected, I was buzzing for days afterwards.

I get chills thinking about it, even now!

Tomorrrows not going to be like that obviously!  :laugh:

I'd bet good money that i'm one of the top 50,000 Shearer fanboys on the planet. I should be f***ing there. :(

I've heard that one of my mates, who supports Blackburn or some shitty club (armchair supporter) has managed to pick up a free ticket off another mate. Crucifying; he shouldn't f***ing be there!

Mug the c***.Give him a proper Yorkshire Dick Turpin welcome,as he crosses the Pennines...It's legal you know.

Shearer's Testimonial was probably the greatest game Ive ever been to tbh.  It was just so special.  Everyone turned up off the back of a wretched season, most people only going because they felt they 'had' to.  But man what a night it turned out to be, totally unexpected, I was buzzing for days afterwards.

I get chills thinking about it, even now!

Tomorrrows not going to be like that obviously!  :laugh:

Aye, 7th. Perish the thought of that nowadays. :razz:

Its almost like Shearer's returned to play for us!

The buzz is just brilliant! i just wish i was able to go to the match. :( I've loved Shearer since I've loved Newcastle...and football.

Shearer IS the reason I love football and Newcastle. :love:

Shearer was already at Newcastle by the time i was understanding football. Given i was like 6 in '97, you can understand why the man is my absolute hero. For the first three or four years of me liking footy, as a really little kid, all i ever knew was Alan Shearer. When you're at that age you can kinda just latch onto anything, you're growing up and you've got your idols. Shearer was an absolute God though. I'm quite fortunate in that respect to have grown up in that era, but i suppose everyone has a particular player they adore. Shearer is the man, i'd really love to shake his hand one day, or summat like that.

God i wish i was there. Killing me. :(

Shearer was already at Newcastle by the time i was understanding football. Given i was like 6 in '97, you can understand why the man is my absolute hero. He's practically my God... cos for atleast the first three or four years, as a really little kid, all i ever knew was Alan Shearer. A Shearer-less Newcastle was very strange. I'm quite fortunate in that respect to have grown up in that era, but i suppose everyone has a particular player they adore. Shearer is the man, i'd really love to shake his hand one day, or summat like that.

Me too Yorkie....except Supermac was my first football hero.

Shearer was already at Newcastle by the time i was understanding football. Given i was like 6 in '97, you can understand why the man is my absolute hero. He's practically my God... cos for atleast the first three or four years, as a really little kid, all i ever knew was Alan Shearer. A Shearer-less Newcastle was very strange. I'm quite fortunate in that respect to have grown up in that era, but i suppose everyone has a particular player they adore. Shearer is the man, i'd really love to shake his hand one day, or summat like that.

Yeah the comparison shared in this household has always been Supermac, given my dad was born in '62. "Big Wyn" then Supermac.

Yeah the comparison shared in this household has always been Supermac, given my dad was born in '62. "Big Wyn" then Supermac.

My late father was a Wyn man,my late grandfather loved Wor Jackie,Albert Stubbins and Charlie Mitten!!!

And as a young boy,he idolised Hughie Gallacher...my granda' that is!!

Tomorrow's kind of irrelevant imo. We were always bound to lose this; if we get anything it's simply a bonus. Where we are playing next season relies almost entirely on the three home games, and Stoke. That has to be 10 points at the minimum, and i believe it can happen with Shearer in charge.

Tomorrow's kind of irrelevant imo. We were always bound to lose this; if we get anything it's simply a bonus. Where we are playing next season relies almost entirely on the three home games, and Stoke. That has to be 10 points at the minimum, and i believe it can happen with Shearer in charge.

Any sane fan knows the significance of tomorrow, but we all know after the circus during the week, people would just love us to lose tomorrow so they can already call Shearer a failure. Really wish his first game was Stoke. Aw well, maybe we will get a point tomorrow who knows!

Irrelevant?  We have 8 games left.   I don't care if the 1970 Brazil team comes back in time to play us on Saturday, we need - at the very minimum - a point.  Downplaying the expectations doesn't make sense at this point.   

Irrelevant?  We have 8 games left.   I don't care if the 1970 Brazil team comes back in time to play us on Saturday, we need - at the very minimum - a point. 

What, so we're down if we lose? Come off it. Chelsea are quality and they need it just as much as we do with Manu slipping behind, it's very unlikely that we're gonna win. I actually think it's a fanastic game for Shearer to start with, we're going into it as underdogs which will help the atmosphere and will help the players even further, and if we do lose, people won't go slitting their wrists straight away.

I'd be more concerned if we got nowt from Stoke and Spurs.

Guest palnese

The only thing I expect from tomorrows game is passion and will for the full 90 minutes, even if Chelsea score one or two.

The last 25-30 minutes against Arsenal is one of the most gutless performances I've seen in a long time.

Irrelevant? We have 8 games left. I don't care if the 1970 Brazil team comes back in time to play us on Saturday, we need - at the very minimum - a point. Downplaying the expectations doesn't make sense at this point.

There are 6 games excluding Chelsea and Liverpool that we CAN win. Thats 18 points right there to play for, we should only need half of them, if we lose tomorrow then yes it is irrelevant. I seem to remember our fans declaring games "must win" on several occasions this season, and we lost most of them.

The only thing I expect from tomorrows game is passion and will for the full 90 minutes, even if Chelsea score one or two.

The last 25-30 minutes against Arsenal is one of the most gutless performances I've seen in a long time.

I realize Chelsea are a very good team, but good performances mean fuck all.  I'd say we have a better chance of winning this game - against a team that will let us play - than against a Stoke or a Boro who will go negative and frustrate us.  You really don't want this to come down to the last 3 games of the season.  Expect more from this game than hard work. 

I realize Chelsea are a very good team, but good performances mean fuck all.  I'd say we have a better chance of winning this game - against a team that will let us play - than against a Stoke or a Boro who will go negative and frustrate us.  You really don't want this to come down to the last 3 games of the season.  Expect more from this game than hard work. 

One think that Keegan did last year was make us (rightfully) look a cut above the shoddy crap that we were in amongst. We've got a squad brimming with quality and what i regard to be a top 8 first team, when all fit. Certainly top half and better than shite like Boro, Stoke and Pompey. With Shearer in charge, with a positive formation, with confidence, and some actual tactical nouse - rotten clogger teams shouldn't be a problem for us. Fulham and Reading came here last season, when things had picked up, with the intention of 'frustrating'. That's never gonna be enough against a genuinely good team, unless you shove ten men behind the ball (which they won't, cos they need the points too).

When the likes of Boro come here, don't forget they'll be going for make or break aswell. We'll stuff em.

Don't worry about this one man, honestly. It's Chelsea ffs.