Newcastle vs Chelsea - April Sat 4th @ 15:00

Skirge

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Jose Enrique, Habib Beye, Fabricio Coloccini, Nicky Butt, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Peter Lovenkrands, Michael Owen ©, Oba Martins

Subs: Fraser Forster, Danny Guthrie, Damien Duff, Alan Smith, Geremi, David Edgar, Andy Carroll

Butt ahead of Guthrie

first mistake Al

Maybe Guthrie aint fully match fit/sharp?

Its fairly obvious Al will build the team around players like Owen and Butt, imo.

Pretty sure Shearer would have told Butt he could still beat him over 2 yards with the Tyne bridge strapped to his arse - sort it out.

Guest optimistic nit

I'm guessing this will be the lineup then:

harper

raylor  beye  colo  enrique

jonas  nolan  butt  loven

owen  oba

jonas and loven may be opposite. loven has played on the right before (albeit when we were down to 10 men).

Finally Ryan Taylor gets moved to right back where he belongs. I wonder if they'll line up 4-3-3?

Was wondering about that also.

Owen in behind Oba and Loven maybe?

I agree it's a relief to see Ryan Taylor at right back and great to see Jonas, Loven, Oba and Owen on the pitch. Those four will definitely be a threat as a combination. Wasn't a fan of Owen playing at the expense of loven, but with all of them out there Owen is far more likely to get opportunities with Oba, Jonas and Loven creating openings with their running and pace.

Finally Ryan Taylor gets moved to right back where he belongs. I wonder if they'll line up 4-3-3?

Don't think we'll be lining up a 4-3-3 because Shearer has already said about how he wants Jonas to be further into the opposition area on the left wing. We already have Martins as a striker and that means either Owen or Lovenkrands will have to be moved into a 3-man midfield. That's not very viable.

I think we'll be playing with 4-4-2 with Jonas bombarding down the left flank.

Harper

Raylor-Beye-Colo-Enrique

Lovenkrands-Nolan-Butt

Jonas

Owen Martins