Keith Gillespie - My favourite player from 95-99 era

HawK

I didn't think he was anything special, looking back his career was very similar to Lee Sharpe's, both burst on the scence at Man U and then went rapidly down hill. Compare their careers to Giggs, just no comparison and they all came on the scene at roughly the same time and were all similar players.

Actually I've often thought what would have happened if Keegan had of asked for Beckham, Scholes, Gary Neville and even at the time Nicky Butt when we sold Andy Cole to Man U! It would be inteteresting to know if he would have included any of them in the deal. I think I read in Fergie's book that he couldn't belive his luck when Keegan asked for Gillespie!

I didn't think he was anything special, looking back his career was very similar to Lee Sharpe's, both burst on the scence at Man U and then went rapidly down hill. Compare their careers to Giggs, just no comparison and they all came on the scene at roughly the same time and were all similar players.

Actually I've often thought what would have happened if Keegan had of asked for Beckham, Scholes, Gary Neville and even at the time Nicky Butt when we sold Andy Cole to Man U! It would be inteteresting to know if he would have included any of them in the deal. I think I read in Fergie's book that he couldn't belive his luck when Keegan asked for Gillespie!

I think Ferguson more than likely would have told him to fuck off. Tbf Gillespie did look class against us in the cup I think it was. He was also an integral part of the team during Keegan's reign.

I think Ferguson more than likely would have told him to f*** off. Tbf Gillespie did look class against us in the cup I think it was. He was also an integral part of the team during Keegan's reign.

didn't he score against us in their 2-0 win over us in 94-95 at Old Trafford. His performance that day was what impressed Keegan iirc

I think Ferguson more than likely would have told him to f*** off. Tbf Gillespie did look class against us in the cup I think it was. He was also an integral part of the team during Keegan's reign.

didn't he score against us in their 2-0 win over us in 94-95 at Old Trafford. His performance that day was what impressed Keegan iirc

It was definitely something against us around that time. Just couldn't remember the exact fixture.

It was definitely something against us around that time. Just couldn't remember the exact fixture.

Yup. Lost 2-0 at OT if I'm not mistaken.

Gillespie ran with the ball, cut inside and fired low to the keeper's right hand side.

Also, may have been our very first defeat of the new season iirc

coca-cola cup maybe? us playing man united in that around '94-'95 seems to ring a bell.

might have been gillespie and pallister who scored?

that was a prem fixture. We beat them 2-0 at St James' in the coca-cola that season

coca-cola cup maybe? us playing man united in that around '94-'95 seems to ring a bell.

might have been gillespie and pallister who scored?

that was a prem fixture. We beat them 2-0 at St James' in the coca-cola that season

Kitson scored his first goal for us in that match no?

ah right, i did remember we played them in the coca-cola.

i'm sure pallister got the first and gillespie 2nd in the prem game then

right you are, Gillespie scored late on, nice finish

This thread is starting to remind me of Father Ted's conversation about 4 Windy Shepherd Hendersons

Never really gave him much credit back then. I guess he was just there and did his job most of the time.

I can remember watching that goal he scored past Rovers and Tim Flowers on a loop though!

• 4 years later...