The media's reaction to our plight

Guest Howaythetoon

Caught Alan Parry and Townsend on Talksport this morning and there was all the usual crap about Shearer being a novice, no experience, disastrous not to go for a tried and tested manager etc.

Heard it all the last time when keegan was appointed in '92. I knew they were wrong then and I know they are wrong now.

Guest Howaythetoon

I bought the sun today and Shearer/Newcastle was featured no less than 8 times throughout the paper, sports pages and just after the G20 pages and even in the motor pull-out. This was no Newcastle version of the paper either, I bought it in a service station in Leicester.

• 1 month later...

Mick Dennis on Sky News

What a bitter biased cunt. Saying he, personally resents Newcastle fans becuase he claims we "claim" to be more passionate about our club than fans of other clubs.

Do we? Sounds like he is just making bullshit up.

He also went on about us calling oursleves the "Geordie Nation". I cant recall a fan ever referring to oursleves as that. Only Sir John Hall once.. maybe Freddie Shepherd. After that the press decided to stick the label on us.

Wankers the lot of them.

Mick Dennis on Sky News

What a bitter biased c***. Saying he, personally resents Newcastle fans becuase he claims we "claim" to be more passionate about our club than fans of other clubs.

Do we? Sounds like he is just making bullshit up.

He also went on about us calling oursleves the "Geordie Nation". I cant recall a fan ever referring to oursleves as that. Only Sir John Hall once.. maybe Freddie Shepherd. After that the press decided to stick the label on us.

Wankers the lot of them.

It was a fReddy qupte/comment.

I cringed when i read what hie originally said.

Typcakl wanker tho, one person makes a comment and its assumed all geordies beleive the same thing.

Sam Wallace of the Independent on Sky's Sunday Supplement...

"It's harder for the play-off winner as they have two weeks less than everyone else to prepare for next season." 

So the club who wins the play-offs tomorrow, ONE DAY after all the other PL clubs finish their season, lose these extra two weeks when exactly?

"It's harder for the play-off winner as they have two weeks less than everyone else to prepare for next season." 

So the club who wins the play-offs tomorrow, ONE DAY after all the other PL clubs finish their season, lose these extra two weeks when exactly?

Aye, really what's the point of promotion. May as well not bother.

Aye, really what's the point of promotion. May as well not bother.

I know what he's trying to say, but he's written that really badly. He clearly means that they have 2 weeks less than the two clubs who gain automatic promotion from the Championship.