Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

It was done publicly because Shearer still thought he was a pundit on MOTD when interviewed after the Liverpool game, and not the manager of Newcastle United.

I agree with Fredbob the situation could have been handled a lot better.

Debateable, there is no way in a million years that Barton is anything but a shitbag and a thug but the whole thing smacks of how Bellamy was treated, castigated immediately and the whole thing done publically. Good managers just dont suspend players and have rifts like Shearer did with Barton - bare in mind the whole timescale of shearers appointment and the subsequent fallout, i cant imagine another manager in the game who'd of taken the same actions as Shearer. If what was written about the incident was true then shouldnt that raise more questions about Shearers ability, or is anything Barton is alleged to of said inadmissable on account that Bartons a cunt? I have no doubt in my mind that abttewr manager would have been able to handle the situation much more better than how Shearer did. And its part of my fears, its the kind of actions that Keane would (and has taken) and the kind of action that Ince would take, not the kind of action that Guardiola would take.

Whats so different? Im not saying they were identical but i am saying that there are worrying similarites, the suspension to Barton meant nothing, it was purely show and tell. A load of bollocks and the act and a person who's not thinking for the benefit of the club but for his benefit - "ill put my foot down to outline my authority" at a point where authoruity and discimpline is the least of his problems. Its the exact kind of attitude that Souness would take, its the exact same thing Souness would of done, its definitely not the thing that a Rafa, Wenger, Mourihno or Fergie would of done, not in that situation.

:lol: :lol:

Yep, Fergie is well known for his softly-softly approach.

:lol:

Debateable, there is no way in a million years that Barton is anything but a shitbag and a thug but the whole thing smacks of how Bellamy was treated, castigated immediately and the whole thing done publically. Good managers just dont suspend players and have rifts like Shearer did with Barton - bare in mind the whole timescale of shearers appointment and the subsequent fallout, i cant imagine another manager in the game who'd of taken the same actions as Shearer. If what was written about the incident was true then shouldnt that raise more questions about Shearers ability, or is anything Barton is alleged to of said inadmissable on account that Bartons a c***? I have no doubt in my mind that abttewr manager would have been able to handle the situation much more better than how Shearer did. And its part of my fears, its the kind of actions that Keane would (and has taken) and the kind of action that Ince would take, not the kind of action that Guardiola would take.

Whats so different? Im not saying they were identical but i am saying that there are worrying similarites, the suspension to Barton meant nothing, it was purely show and tell. A load of bollocks and the act and a person who's not thinking for the benefit of the club but for his benefit - "ill put my foot down to outline my authority" at a point where authoruity and discimpline is the least of his problems. Its the exact kind of attitude that Souness would take, its the exact same thing Souness would of done, its definitely not the thing that a Rafa, Wenger, Mourihno or Fergie would of done, not in that situation.

Come on Dave.

Imagine Man United have a player sent off in a crucial match during the season.

Does Fergie :

A - say fuck all about the incident in front of the cameras after the game (the quietly launch an appeal against the decision when the furore has died down)

or B - immediatly come out and condemn the player confirming the ref's decision was the correct one?

I think we both know the answer to that one.

Personally, i thought Shearer handled it well.

There's no point saying "one last chance" and then letting him off. Obviously there was a bit of politics involved, as it sent a message to the squad about proffesional behaviour but on the whole it was the correct thing to do.

Debateable, there is no way in a million years that Barton is anything but a shitbag and a thug but the whole thing smacks of how Bellamy was treated, castigated immediately and the whole thing done publically. Good managers just dont suspend players and have rifts like Shearer did with Barton - bare in mind the whole timescale of shearers appointment and the subsequent fallout, i cant imagine another manager in the game who'd of taken the same actions as Shearer. If what was written about the incident was true then shouldnt that raise more questions about Shearers ability, or is anything Barton is alleged to of said inadmissable on account that Bartons a cunt? I have no doubt in my mind that abttewr manager would have been able to handle the situation much more better than how Shearer did. And its part of my fears, its the kind of actions that Keane would (and has taken) and the kind of action that Ince would take, not the kind of action that Guardiola would take.

Classic - hook line and sinker, Fergie isnt known for suspending players full stop. Especially not in the run up to the title challenge. Think about it, the whole thing was melodramatic - you happen to be missing the point as well, its not the incident that makes him a potentially bad manager, its the thinking behind the decision to publically let everyone know theres grief and even the decision to publically announce that he'd been suspended.

How many times have you seen Fergie, Wenger Rafa or Mourihno publically portray there absolute disgust at a player? It doesnt happen becasue they are professinall and know how to resolve the situation behind closed doors.

Its a not a soflty softly approach Im after, its the approach which is the most professinal and the most benefical to the team.

Debateable, there is no way in a million years that Barton is anything but a shitbag and a thug but the whole thing smacks of how Bellamy was treated, castigated immediately and the whole thing done publically. Good managers just dont suspend players and have rifts like Shearer did with Barton - bare in mind the whole timescale of shearers appointment and the subsequent fallout, i cant imagine another manager in the game who'd of taken the same actions as Shearer. If what was written about the incident was true then shouldnt that raise more questions about Shearers ability, or is anything Barton is alleged to of said inadmissable on account that Bartons a c***? I have no doubt in my mind that abttewr manager would have been able to handle the situation much more better than how Shearer did. And its part of my fears, its the kind of actions that Keane would (and has taken) and the kind of action that Ince would take, not the kind of action that Guardiola would take.

Come on Dave.

Does Fergie :

A - say fuck all about the incident in front of the cameras after the game (the quietly launch an appeal against the decision when the furore has died down)

or B - immediatly come out and condemn the player confirming the ref's decision was the correct one?

How did Shearer condemn the player? It WAS a stupid tackle and it WAS probably deserving of a red card. What else do you expect him to say?

As if you're defending Joey fucking Barton - after everything he's done here - to criticise Shearer. :lol:

People seem to be forgetting that we had three games to go and Barton was suspended for three games. It made sense to keep him away from the squad considering he had a negative effect in the dressing room by berating Shearer and some of the other players, especially as he couldn't add anything to any of our remaining three matches.

Guest Jungle Barry

People seem to be forgetting that we had three games to go and Barton was suspended for three games. It made sense to keep him away from the squad considering he had a negative effect in the dressing room by berating Shearer and some of the other players, especially as he couldn't add anything to any of our remaining three matches.

Right on the money.

Classic - hook line and sinker, Fergie isnt known for suspending players full stop. Especially not in the run up to the title challenge. Think about it, the whole thing was melodramatic - you happen to be missing the point as well, its not the incident that makes him a potentially bad manager, its the thinking behind the decision to publically let everyone know theres grief and even the decision to publically announce that he'd been suspended.

How many times have you seen Fergie, Wenger Rafa or Mourihno publically portray there absolute disgust at a player? It doesnt happen becasue they are professinall and know how to resolve the situation behind closed doors.

Its a not a soflty softly approach Im after, its the approach which is the most professinal and the most benefical to the team.

Go on then, explain how Joey Barton - suspended and not able to take any part in proceedings in the final three games, and having slagged the manager off in front of the rest of the players - benefits the team by being present in training.

How many times have those managers been in danger of relegation by the way? You're trying to criticise Shearer by saying he's not as good as some of the world's best managers. Er, of course he's not. He doesn't have any experience of management, let alone situations like that. He was thinking what 99.9% of the fans were thinking - 'Thick fucker has let us down badly here and now he's of no use whatsoever. Might as well explain to the fans and the media that he's not coming to training for the rest of the season.'.

IF Shearer had handled it so badly then why would Barton wan tto stay? he has to know there is a very good chance Shearer is going to be our manager next season.

Joey is trouble and lets face it has been injrued or suspended most of his time ehre, another waste of a wage, yes okay he would be decent in the Championship but can we risk keeping him? He cannot help but lose his temper and its will end badly at some point. Al willw ant rid and some fool like Big Fat Sam will buy him from us so cash in and be done.

Exactly. I've implied that point several times because I thought it was pretty obvious.

Come on Dave.

Does Fergie :

A - say f*** all about the incident in front of the cameras after the game (the quietly launch an appeal against the decision when the furore has died down)

How did Shearer condemn the player? It WAS a stupid tackle and it WAS probably deserving of a red card. What else do you expect him to say?

As if you're defending Joey f***ing Barton - after everything he's done here - to criticise Shearer. :lol:

Where have I defended Barton?

More to the point we appealed against Bassongs red card which was far more clear cut than Bartons IMO.

Again to agree with Fredbob Shearer's reaction immediately after the game was not in the best interest of NUFC.

Can't you think of any better arguments to back up your doubts about Shearer? Barton is a headcase who should have been thrown out of the club long before Shearer came into the picture, you seem to be building up a lot of steam about a non-issue.

Come on Dave.

Does Fergie :

A - say f*** all about the incident in front of the cameras after the game (the quietly launch an appeal against the decision when the furore has died down)

As if you're defending Joey f***ing Barton - after everything he's done here - to criticise Shearer. :lol:

More to the point we appealed against Bassongs red card which was far more clear cut than Bartons IMO.

Again to agree with Fredbob Shearer's reaction immediately after the game was not in the best interest of NUFC.

What was the argument for Barton ? The argument for Bassong was he wasn't really last man. He was but anything was worth a try.

I agree.  Thought it at the time.

Come on Dave.

Does Fergie :

What was the argument for Barton ? The argument for Bassong was he wasn't really last man. He was but anything was worth a try.

You answered that one yourself.

Barton needs a manager he will fear, people like him will never learn with an arm around the shoulder, no "there there Joey I understand"  bollocks but more  "do it again and I will rip your longs out through your nose".

He is like a kid and giving them chance after chance before actually taking action does not help, empty threats make things worse. How manyc hances can he have? BUT Al is not stupid and he knows Barton can be a quality CM player its going to be ineresting to see what Al does with him if he does get the job.

Will get back to this later, but i want to repeat my argument isnt about defending Barton, nothing of the sort, its about how Shearer handled the situation and its relevance of his ability to make decisions, its these incidents which give us a bigger insight into a persons way of handling things and for me, simply put he didnt act in a manner that i thought was the most proffessional or beneficail for the club.

In my eyes, Fergie would of kept shctum and dealt later, Wenger would fo defended the situation and dealt with later, Rafa the same, Keane would of done what shearer did, Ince would of done what shearer did, like i say, its not a foolproof theory but it does raise questions and those are the questions im putting to you.

Guest habibbeye

As of this morning, whilst at Ascot, Shearer had heard nothing from either Ashley or Llambias?

Some are making out like Shearer called Barton a prick on live TV. He was totally honest and said the tackle was stupid and probably deserving of a red. He also (IIRC) said the issue of discipline would be dealt with at a later date. Once Barton was suspended from playing in the final three games it was pointless having him training, and once Barton and Shearer went at each other it was pointless having such a potentially poisonous influence in training. Once Barton was suspended it was pointless letting the media and the fans speculate over what the club were going to do.

I really don't see the issue with the Barton thing at all.