Interview with Llambias on Radio Newcastle

Toon Amy

Despite Llambias' bullshit, I'm still confident Shearer will be here come next August.

Plus, only yesterday or so Kinnear said that it's looking increasingly unlikely he'll be involved in management next season.

My god, I wish these cunts at our club could just fucking get over Joe Kinnear and move on with life!!! WHY do they have to still obsess about the man? He's a shite manager, ffs!

Its just like the evil parents who buy you a dog for christmas only to tell you eight weeks later that they are going to sell it. But not to worry as you've still got the stick insects they gave you to replace the missing kitten they secretly threw off the bridge in a sack last summer.

IMO it has GOT to be Shearer's contract with the BBC. I think they're probably not too happy about any kind of talk that could breach his contract. I'm quite sure that all sorts of stuff was written into his contract, as they know the kind of managerial merry-go-round our club is, and that he'd be linked with every job going. Can't be anything else.

The fact that he even mentioned the BBC in his press conference as his employers, thanking for giving him the sabbatical is a bit of a hint. Also, Shearer said all was finalized late last night, which is why we never heard from the club until later on in the evening. The BBC thing must be a sticking point.

If Shearer told the BBC he wanted to quit they'd have to let him.

IMO it has GOT to be Shearer's contract with the BBC. I think they're probably not too happy about any kind of talk that could breach his contract. I'm quite sure that all sorts of stuff was written into his contract, as they know the kind of managerial merry-go-round our club is, and that he'd be linked with every job going. Can't be anything else.

The fact that he even mentioned the BBC in his press conference as his employers, thanking for giving him the sabbatical is a bit of a hint. Also, Shearer said all was finalized late last night, which is why we never heard from the club until later on in the evening. The BBC thing must be a sticking point.

If Shearer told the BBC he wanted to quit they'd have to let him.

Of course!! But at this point, he's probably not even sure he wants it full-time. I think it's plain obvious to see in his body language and tone of voice in the PC.

Think what they are all saying is all down to legal reasons. If shearer keeps us up he will still be here.

In a nutshell. I doubt Shearer would put himself through this unless he thought there was a prospect of staying on if we stay up. The fact he's brought Dowie and Ferris onto the staff suggests he isn't in it for the short term, even if he can't say that just yet.