Owen to stay?

Golfmag

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Michael Owen is not a bad player, rather the contrary. But he needs a team around him that can provide him with the needed chances to create goals. The man can't do it all by himself, there's 9 other outfield players around him out there, you'd think at least one could set him up from time to time.

If Owen stays and we stay up, we have something to build the team around. And that's by far a good thing, as long as he can remain fit.

:thup:

What I always find funny with crap that comes from footballers or sources close to footballers, is the inability to concerntrate on more than one thing in their lives.

These people who work 3 hour days, have pratically all the major decisions made for them, can not dedicate any time whatsover to talk about contracts. Why don't they just be truthful and say, "Until I know which division the club will be playing next season, I'm not signing a contract with this shower"

Guest Phil K

Believe it when I see it

Anyways, we are in deep sh1t, and favourites to go down, due to the gutless mistake ridden performances, and "strikers" not scoring, and midfield not providing much.

Hope to God we can still wriggle out of it, but can see nothing to give a breath of hope from the lot we have been lumbered with.

Maybe thats why Owen has hinted, knowing we arent going to get out of the mess, but just sink, and all rats with leave the sinking ship leaving us with those who no-one else wants - Ashley, Kinnear, Hughton, Calderwood at the forefront.

Believe it when I see it

Anyways, we are in deep sh1t, and favourites to go down, due to the gutless mistake ridden performances, and "strikers" not scoring, and midfield not providing much.

Hope to God we can still wriggle out of it, but can see nothing to give a breath of hope from the lot we have been lumbered with.

Maybe thats why Owen has hinted, knowing we arent going to get out of the mess, but just sink, and all rats with leave the sinking ship leaving us with those who no-one else wants - Ashley, Kinnear, Hughton, Calderwood at the forefront.

everyone keeps saying it but it's true - stoke should tell us everything

most importantly for me shearer will have had well over a week at the club looking at the players in training so he should be in a position to weed out the shit now, which there was maybe an excuse for against chelsea

i fully expect to see a different team saturday and if i don't then we can start planning for life downstairs without a doubt

He's got to go for me. If I were him, I'd sign the contract and let the club sell for a good 7m in the summer.

Newcastle and Owen were just not meant for each other.

Why the hell would Owen agree to that?

Exactly, he couldnt trust the snakes at our club, they would tell him he isnt going anywhere the moment he signs.

Guest Sniffer

Believe it when I see it

most importantly for me shearer will have had well over a week at the club looking at the players in training so he should be in a position to weed out the s*** now, which there was maybe an excuse for against chelsea

i fully expect to see a different team saturday and if i don't then we can start planning for life downstairs without a doubt

;D

as far as I'm concerned Owen can f**k off

been a waste of a fine player at our club and has been like a rope around our necks from the minute he arrived

aye he has scored goals for us, but has he earned his keep? I dont think he has. 17million initial payout(which if stories are to be believed we are still paying to real madrid) 110-130k per week wages and how many league appearances has he made for us in that time? not a whole hell of a lot.

I'd rather see him go and us bring in 2 new player at 60k a week for what we are paying him.

Believe it when I see it

most importantly for me shearer will have had well over a week at the club looking at the players in training so he should be in a position to weed out the s*** now, which there was maybe an excuse for against chelsea

;D

huh?  as opposed to 2 days before the chelsea game where he played all the same shite that's got us in this mess