Football Tattoos

Guest firetotheworks

If I do get it done (only gonna be small, about 2 inches across on my shoulder blade) I'll post some pics.  I think everyone else should join in an get a tattoo of their avatar as well.

Could prove difficult.

If I do get it done (only gonna be small, about 2 inches across on my shoulder blade) I'll post some pics.  I think everyone else should join in an get a tattoo of their avatar as well.

Could prove difficult.

Storyboard

Could prove difficult.

Storyboard

;D

Trust me when you get to your middle ages you'll be looking for a way to get rid of that hidieous "art" that you put on yourself. This is the time to invest money in shares of tattoo remval companies. I was right about our Ashley and our struggles with relegation and I'm right about this. :)

People might as well tell you that when you're old you're going to regret never having had a tattoo.

I'm sorry but there is nothing "classy" about tatoos, I can't wait to see this younger generation get older and look at their saggy skin dressed in saggy tatoos and ridiculous piercing. Hidieous tbh.

When I'm old, I'm going to look old and saggy anyway, so who gives a s***?

Trust me when you get to your middle ages you'll be looking for a way to get rid of that hidieous "art" that you put on yourself. This is the time to invest money in shares of tattoo remval companies. I was right about our Ashley and our struggles with relegation and I'm right about this. :)

Ridiculous that you think you can assume this about people that you've never even met.

I'm sorry but there is nothing "classy" about tatoos, I can't wait to see this younger generation get older and look at their saggy skin dressed in saggy tatoos and ridiculous piercing. Hidieous tbh.

Exactly. I havent got one yet, but im thinking about getting 'United' done in another style of writting. Something like Arabic or Hebrew. Whichever one looks best.

People might as well tell you that when you're old you're going to regret never having had a tattoo.

I am old and I'm am really proud that I never put any ink in my body or have any piercings I'm not sure exactly what it proves about someone, does it mean you're hard or cool or something ?  I'm glad I've missed out on that particular fad.

I am old and I'm am really proud that I never put any ink in my body or have any piercings I'm not sure exactly what it proves about someone, does it mean you're hard or cool or something ?  I'm glad I've missed out on that particular fad.

Does not having tattoos make you cool and awesome?  Too hard to have a tattoo?  Too clever?  Too individual?  Why on earth would you be proud of it?  I've never shaved me head because I didn't want to and I don't think it would suit me, I don't see it as some kind of badge of pride or think that people only do it because they think it makes them look hard or cool and I'm better than that.

How can you call something a 'fad' when people have been doing it for years and years and years... and YEARS!

I fucking hate it when the high and mighty come in and mouth off like this. Fine, you don't like them, good for you. No need to start making inflammatory comments about people / the decisions they have made.

Guest the_guv_nor

Exactly. I havent got one yet, but im thinking about getting 'United' done in another style of writting. Something like Arabic or Hebrew. Whichever one looks best.

i agree.

although i dont have a tattoo i think they look good and would consider getting one if it was something i  really liked and it was unique. As stated who cares what you look like when your 70 (if you live that long).

Ridiculous that you think you can assume this about people that you've never even met.

That's the problem with tattoos, they cause you to assume things about people and it's generally not that complimentary. I interview frequently and since mostly people are all suited up, I generally don't see many that come through the doors with tattoos or piercing, and since I'm usually interviewing for developers or analysts, there aren't too many out there with serious ink, however if I do come into contact with a person that has tats that are visable or holes in their face where jewelry usually goes, then I mentally mark them down a little. Maybe I'm old fasioned but why allow those assumptions to be made, there is litrerally zero point in a tattoo other than you trying to tell somebody about yourself. A lot of it is "oh look at me, I'm cool".

How can you call something a 'fad' when people have been doing it for years and years and years... and YEARS!

I f***ing hate it when the high and mighty come in and mouth off like this. Fine, you don't like them, good for you. No need to start making inflammatory comments about people / the decisions they have made.

So it's inflamatory to call them a fad. Of course they are a fad. They are currently "In" fashion right now, so the sheep go out to get themselves all inked up. They've been around for years but only recently have they become more mainstream.

Nothing high and mighty at all about what I'm saying. I'm just not a sheep, I don't follow trends to look cool or show people how hard I am and I know for a fact that the kids out there getting these done will firmly regret their idiocies of youth when the reach a certain time in life.

This is a public forum people are entitled to their own views, as Dave keeps reminding me, so suck it up fella.

That's the problem with tattoos, they cause you to assume things about people and it's generally not that complimentary. I interview frequently and since mostly people are all suited up, I generally don't see many that come through the doors with tattoos or piercing, and since I'm usually interviewing for developers or analysts, there aren't too many out there with serious ink, however if I do come into contact with a person that has tats that are visable or holes in their face where jewelry usually goes, then I mentally mark them down a little. Maybe I'm old fasioned but why allow those assumptions to be made, there is litrerally zero point in a tattoo other than you trying to tell somebody about yourself. A lot of it is "oh look at me, I'm cool".

:smug:

(the first time I've ever been smug with regards to my job title)

I f***ing hate it when the high and mighty come in and mouth off like this. Fine, you don't like them, good for you. No need to start making inflammatory comments about people / the decisions they have made.

So it's inflamatory to call them a fad. Of course they are a fad. They are currently "In" fashion right now, so the sheep go out to get themselves all inked up. They've been around for years but only recently have they become more mainstreem.

Nothing high and mighty at all about what I'm saying. I'm just not a sheep, I don't following things to look cool or show people how hard I am and I know for a fact that the kids out there getting these done will firmly regret their idiocies of youth when the reach a certain time in life.

This is a public forum people are entitled to their own views, as Dave keeps reminding me, so suck it up fella.

The fad bit isn't the inflammatory comment, it's the frequent "does it mean you're hard or cool or something ?" muck that I don't much care for.

Guest the_guv_nor

So it's inflamatory to call them a fad. Of course they are a fad. They are currently "In" fashion right now, so the sheep go out to get themselves all inked up. They've been around for years but only recently have they become more mainstreem.

Nothing high and mighty at all about what I'm saying. I'm just not a sheep, I don't following things to look cool or show people how hard I am and I know for a fact that the kids out there getting these done will firmly regret their idiocies of youth when the reach a certain time in life.

i disagree, they are not a 'fad'. yes there are many tattoo's you could class as fashion tattoo's i.e tribals and stars which wont be as popular in the future but in general tattoo's have always been popular.

That's the problem with tattoos, they cause you to assume things about people and it's generally not that complimentary.

I think when you meet people who harp on about "Ooh, look at me, I have no tattoos, that's because I don't try and be cool like those people with tattoos" it makes you think thigns about them which are not complimentary.  It's like those tea-total straight-edge kids who go on and on boring people to tears about how they don't need to drink to have a good time, and how people only drink because they think it makes them look cool and because they secretly hate themselves.

The fad bit isn't the inflammatory comment, it's the frequent "does it mean you're hard or cool or something ?" muck that I don't much care for.

Well does it ? What's the point in a tattoo, really, it's just a statement you are making and you want others to see it. You can do that in so many other ways that don't leave a permenant mark on your body. Really I kind of phased that badly, I should have said "does it mean you want people to think you're cool or hard or something." As with anything in life, actions speak way louder than words, or tattoos.

That's the problem with tattoos, they cause you to assume things about people and it's generally not that complimentary.

I think when you meet people who harp on about "Ooh, look at me, I have no tattoos, that's because I don't try and be cool like those people with tattoos" it makes you think thigns about them which are not complimentary.  It's like those tea-total straight-edge kids who go on and on boring people to tears about how they don't need to drink to have a good time, and how people only drink because they think it makes them look cool and because they secretly hate themselves.

LOL sure you do. I've lived a really boring life, because I have no tattoos and think they are hidieous. Insert rollyeyes smiley here.

Trust me as much as tea total people like me, are bored just as much by the sheep that follow each other to the parlours, to make themselves look cool, just like David Beckham, oooh :)

Guest Heneage

But if it's something that you enjoy, and is not overtly on show who really cares?

But if it's something that you enjoy, and is not overtly on show who really cares?

Exactly.

Mr dullface can go have his herbal tea and I'll get Shearer's face tattooed on my scrotum, as long as you're happy with it then who cares!? Why feel the need to berate the other person for the choices that they've made.

I got my tattoo mainly because I was going to go snowboarding, but there was no snow. So I thought it would make my arm look less boring if it had scrawl on it. Same reason we all wear specific clothing that we like I guess...

LOL sure you do. I've lived a really boring life, because I have no tattoos and think they are hidieous. Insert rollyeyes smiley here.

No-one in this thread has said that, just like no-one has said that having tattoos makes them cool or hard.

Trust me as much as tea total people like me, are bored just as much by the sheep that follow each other to the parlours, to make themselves look cool, just like David Beckham, oooh :)

There you go again, second guessing people's motivations and making up some absurd caricature to argue against.  If you don't like tattoos, don't have one and don't sit around posting in tattoo threads, I would have thought it was pretty simple. 

:dowie:

Guest cfhpantera27

Here's mine knacked a bit.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2179/pict0401i.jpg

crest piece looks class man, would look even better imo if you had more black stripes starting either side of the sea horses under the 'tear' if u know what im on about?

Guest Heneage

Exactly.

Mr dullface can go have his herbal tea and I'll get Shearer's face tattooed on my scrotum, as long as you're happy with it then who cares!? Why feel the need to berate the other person for the choices that they've made.

I got my tattoo mainly because I was going to go snowboarding, but there was no snow. So I thought it would make my arm look less boring if it had scrawl on it. Same reason we all wear specific clothing that we like I guess...

Don't get that Dan when you're old Shearer will look depressed.